Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2010 :  17:19:04  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Tap water for me and all my animals

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

22 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2010 :  18:27:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I read in a snake book bottle water is best for young snakes. But it is ok to use tap water as they mature.
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2010 :  18:38:51  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rich78

@Macspud
I take some of your points but their is a lot of evidence gathering that tap water containing chlorine and flouride can damage your brain cells over a period of time. I don't agree with you on bottled water being a con either.

orl teh kemikulz in tap wortar nevur dud miy brayn eni haarm

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

dean54321
Egg

United Kingdom
70 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2010 :  19:15:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i use tap water for lightning
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2010 :  19:18:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
tap for me and my snakes aswell..
although i do occasionally steal some bottled water from my mums supplies for them

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2010 :  19:29:24  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

I don't like all this stuff about fluorine either, its sooo bad for you but it is in sooo much stuff!

I guess you mean Fluoride, Fluorine is an element, Fluoride is the ion. Fluorides occur naturally in all water sources and are not always tested for in bottled water.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2010 :  19:31:06  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Chlorine dissipates very quickly, I should have said that when I use tap water I allow it to stand for at least 24hours to remove the Chlorine, but it is in such low levels that I don't believe it would cause any damage to use straight off.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2010 :  19:35:03  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Zinc, lead, copper from pipes, fluorine, which can cause health problems, as well as chlorine. I don't like drinking tap water.

My earlier post was very badly written- I use the Reptisafe water conditioner I mentioned.

BE, I don't want to question your knowledge in any way. I just don't like taking the chance.

Also, Copper is naturally occurring in rocks and soils, so the bottled 'mineral' water will have plenty in it. Not that Copper in small quantities is bad for you, in fact all living organisms need some Copper. If you have any multi-vitamins at home, have a look at the ingredients.

Tap water is thoroughly checked (trust me the DWI - Drinking Water Inspectorate make sure of that).

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2010 :  19:54:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I suppose I do mean flouride.

Is it really such a problem if I dont like drinking tap water though? My reps have the water conditioner, and thats that.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

26 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2010 :  20:09:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pure fresh Welsh Water straight from the tap - it doesn't get much better than that!
BE is right though - the process that tap water goes through is as good if not better than the process for bottled water. The regulators make sure of it these days.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

45 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2010 :  20:21:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Personally I dont think this is a debate, wether or not you use tap or bottled its up to you. If you are so scared your snakes are going to get ill and possibly die from its your choice, this is a similar debate to newspaper with ink or without its your choice and your say in the welfare fo the snake, dont mistake me in saying its your choice what you do concerning the welfare of your snake ie, not giving it the basic needs like heat. But personally its what works best for you and its how much your whilling to spend and be protective over your snake or any reptile in that case!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

441 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2010 :  20:34:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

orl teh kemikulz in tap wortar nevur dud miy brayn eni haarm
quote:

Mice ome ho I maen Nice one!

Go to Top of Page

MacSpud
Hatchling

United Kingdom
143 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2010 :  20:39:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope I didn't come across as being aggressive in my previous post, if I did my apologies.

1.0.0 Beaker (10-8-09 amel)
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2010 :  20:49:07  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I suppose I do mean flouride.

Is it really such a problem if I dont like drinking tap water though? My reps have the water conditioner, and thats that.

Of course not, but I wanted to address some of the statements you made before other members got scared for no reason.

Each to their own

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2010 :  00:00:06  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
cider for me and my snakes

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2010 :  01:10:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ants337

ive heard a few people say u should use bottled water but some say tap waters ok, i can see why you would use bottled because of all thepoopthats in tap water. what do you guys give?

BE, is this not the sort of thing you mean? I feel I am being singled out somewhat...

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2010 :  01:53:39  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

cider for me and my snakes

I saw what you did there.

I think its fair to say the subject of tap vs bottled is a hotly debated subject enough outside of pet keeping.
Unless there is a serious hard water issue then tap water is fine for snakes. The rest is down to preference and life style choices only.

5.2.0 Cornsnakes: Lucien (Amel), Zero Kiryu (Blizzard), Aura (Butter Stripe), Montana (Normal), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender), Orlando (Anery)
2.0.0 Royals: Q & Little One
Twitter: @BlutAura
DeviantART: BlutAura
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2010 :  05:23:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

ive heard a few people say u should use bottled water but some say tap waters ok, i can see why you would use bottled because of all thepoopthats in tap water. what do you guys give?

BE, is this not the sort of thing you mean? I feel I am being singled out somewhat...

I dont think BE is singling you out SB....it is just that you are the only person who has raised exact concerns regarding the state of tap water mentioning exactly what is thought to be in it....rather than just saying tap water is bad. Therefore yours is the comment BE can respond to directly, which is what is needed.

So well done both of you.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2010 :  08:14:31  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Kellog's right, I was just replying to specifics, my apologies if I upset you and as above, give your snakes any water you want (as long as its not distilled!), neither tap nor bottled will do them any harm.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

352 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2010 :  11:24:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I only give bottled water. I heard in the caretaking videos everyone said bottled and being a new owner I wanted to do what the experts recommended.
quote:

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000