Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

n/a
deleted

60 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2009 :  17:09:13  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

Its a marketing technique, they want to sell you an animal without the added cost and loss of space associated with a whole new setup.

There is no need to take a solitary animal and force it to live with another, especially as an inexperienced keeper.

I'm sorry but saying that Its a marketing technique is a loads of s***.
My two snakes cost me 60pounds 30each and I got a 4foot viv with two heat mats and loads of bits of wood and hides and 50 pounds worth of aspin for 120 pounds now you tell me that this is a marketing technique.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

207 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2009 :  17:14:17  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Tango and mango

quote:

Its a marketing technique, they want to sell you an animal without the added cost and loss of space associated with a whole new setup.

There is no need to take a solitary animal and force it to live with another, especially as an inexperienced keeper.

My two snakes cost me 60pounds 30each and I got a 4foot viv with two heat mats and loads of bits of wood and hides and 50 pounds worth of aspin for 120 pounds now you tell me that this is a marketing technique.

very true

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2009 :  17:25:11  Show Profile
the more snakes a shop can sell the more they can get in and continue to sell..

they arent necessarily going to tell you that two snakes will need separate vivs and everything - why would they when it would probably put you off getting two if you learnt that it was going to be twice as much..

T&M you obviously were lucky getting that set up for £60, not all shops are priced that low.. out of interest how much was the viv?

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

60 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2009 :  17:26:13  Show Profile
Thank you someone els knows what im talking about thanks lol :-)
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2009 :  17:27:42  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

Please refrain from being so rude, I have so far...

My point was, would you have been as happy to buy the 2 snakes, but then pay for 2 vivs, 2 stats, 2 heatmats etc etc?

Or did you prefer paying for just one setup?

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

60 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2009 :  17:30:25  Show Profile
I'm not sure it was all a big bundle so about 60maby but it was 120 for everything
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2009 :  17:37:15  Show Profile
if you had been told that to have two snakes it would have been double that would you have gotten two?
thats what SB and I meant when she said its a marketing tactic..

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

60 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2009 :  17:38:06  Show Profile
And I would buy 2 of everything beacuse I wanted 2 snakes
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

60 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2009 :  17:40:44  Show Profile
I have split my 4foot viv and I'm slowly getting more lights and heat mat and that's all I need and there sorted
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2009 :  17:56:25  Show Profile
if you have split a 4foot viv then really you only need one heat mat - assuming that you have split it in the middle just put the heatmat in the middle so the hot ends are next to each other..

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

207 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2009 :  18:03:57  Show Profile
i bought 2 snakes to start off with and bought every tink twice and had them split i maked a choice off puting mine together in the end it did cost alot and now i have loads off spare stuff lol

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

60 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2009 :  18:16:48  Show Profile
That would be betta lol saves money. How many do you have ( any1 can reply) lol
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

60 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2009 :  19:15:35  Show Profile
How many people are uk and us????
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

60 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2009 :  21:00:55  Show Profile
Ok so when I fed my guys Thursday that ate them ok but have been hideing allday today they both came out once had a drink and hid again ???? Is this what they do
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2009 :  20:59:40  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
After feeding, yes they do tend to do that.

quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

if you have split a 4foot viv then really you only need one heat mat - assuming that you have split it in the middle just put the heatmat in the middle so the hot ends are next to each other..

That's what I've just done.
I have a 4ft viv which has been split down the middle.
The heat-mat is under the partition, so both sides have a warm bit and because the viv dimensions are the same the stat runs the mat lovely.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2009 :  23:04:41  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

That doesn't validate your point, thats served as a marketing technique as you bought the blooming thing!!!!

If you have any futher 'statements' you wish you share with me, please validate them and do it privately. This isn't RFUK...

Although it maybe worth you heading over there..
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2009 :  01:50:00  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address

Lets make something crystal clear shall we??

The marketing technique refered to is in regards selling multiple snakes and only 1 viv.
Shops make more money out of selling snakes than vivs etc.

If you buy 2 snakes and 1 viv, then you need to come back every week to buy food for the mouse, they now have a near permanant customer that will potentially spend even more money in the future.

My local shop sells hatchling corns and the kit, but will state only 1 to a viv.

If you buy a snake for (lets just pick a number) £30, then have to spend another £50-60 quid on the setup (assuming the correct setup of Stat,mat, faun and a hide or 2). That puts the total in the 90 quid mark.
Now imagine being told that if you wanted a second snake it's gonna cost you the same, very few people will do it.

Hence the marketing technique of allowing multiple hatchlings in 1 faun. They KNOW they can sell hatchlings all day long, but the setup, they may only sell a couple a week. So what, they lose the sale of a 50 quid setup, but they make hundreds in selling baby snakes AND food for the next few years.

That's one thing clear.

The next thing is SO simple that even a starfish could understand.

DO NOT USE FOUL LANGUAGE ON OUR BOARDS.
DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT DIRECTING FOUL LANGUAGE AT ANYONE, IF YOU WANT TO THEN I PERSONALLY WILL TAKE IT AS DIRECTED AT ME!

If anyone spots any language that seems to be directed, then can drop me a message as well, just in case I have missed it, unless other MODS have already taken care of it.
Thanks everyone.

Fairly simple really, and just in case anyone has the inability to understand my starfish reasoning, then maybe you REALLY do need to think before you post.

We're an easy going forum here, we're relaxed and we have a laugh BUT we wont sit back and have people talk in a manner we don't like, if you're totally unsure of what is right and wrong, then may I suggest you have a good read of the forum rules, found here: http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4941

Starfish do not have brains

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2009 :  10:51:30  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT DIRECTING FOUL LANGUAGE AT ANYONE, IF YOU WANT TO THEN I PERSONALLY WILL TAKE IT AS DIRECTED AT ME!

If anyone spots any language that seems to be directed, then can drop me a message as well, just in case I have missed it, unless other MODS have already taken care of it.
Thanks everyone.

Fairly simple really, and just in case anyone has the inability to understand my starfish reasoning, then maybe you REALLY do need to think before you post.

We're an easy going forum here, we're relaxed and we have a laugh BUT we wont sit back and have people talk in a manner we don't like, if you're totally unsure of what is right and wrong, then may I suggest you have a good read of the forum rules, found here: http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4941

Ditto. This type of behaviour will no longer be tolerated.

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2009 :  13:11:33  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

Lets make something crystal clear shall we??

The marketing technique refered to is in regards selling multiple snakes and only 1 viv.
Shops make more money out of selling snakes than vivs etc.

If you buy 2 snakes and 1 viv, then you need to come back every week to buy food for the mouse, they now have a near permanant customer that will potentially spend even more money in the future.

My local shop sells hatchling corns and the kit, but will state only 1 to a viv.

If you buy a snake for (lets just pick a number) £30, then have to spend another £50-60 quid on the setup (assuming the correct setup of Stat,mat, faun and a hide or 2). That puts the total in the 90 quid mark.
Now imagine being told that if you wanted a second snake it's gonna cost you the same, very few people will do it.

Hence the marketing technique of allowing multiple hatchlings in 1 faun. They KNOW they can sell hatchlings all day long, but the setup, they may only sell a couple a week. So what, they lose the sale of a 50 quid setup, but they make hundreds in selling baby snakes AND food for the next few years.

That's one thing clear.

Thanks everyone.

Well said Phil

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

67 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2009 :  15:48:37  Show Profile
I am a bit disterbed that this topic has gotten so heated when someone new has just asked some very simple keeping instructions. It disturbs me that some of you have taken it so personal that someone has chosen to pic what advice they think is probably right. There is alot of keeping advice out there and you can't assume that just because you have said it that it is the only correct advice. I am also an experianced keeper and have had snakes ALL of my life, since about age 2. I would never be so big headed to think that my advice is the only advice. I'm shoked at the comments here!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000