Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

n/a
deleted

207 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2009 :  17:25:09  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by lynne06

I am a bit disterbed that this topic has gotten so heated when someone new has just asked some very simple keeping instructions. It disturbs me that some of you have taken it so personal that someone has chosen to pic what advice they think is probably right. There is alot of keeping advice out there and you can't assume that just because you have said it that it is the only correct advice. I am also an experianced keeper and have had snakes ALL of my life, since about age 2. I would never be so big headed to think that my advice is the only advice. I'm shoked at the comments here!!

very personal lol one off my topics got blocked cos off that reason

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2009 :  18:04:50  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Topics get locked and deleted if I or others think they are slowly becoming something like a flame war.

We have several times tried to discuss the co-habiting issue on here, and have a dedicated thread for it, when multiple threads are started or hijacked for the issue, that's when it starts to miff me off.

Everyone does things differently, there are no real 'bang on right' ways to do things, but as ANY experienced keeper will tell you, there are wrong ways to do things.
When people say that it's not recommended and then get a response similar to: "They're my snakes, I'll do what I want" I find that both offensive and pointless.

This forum always has been user friendly, and always will be. Regardless of HOW people decide to post.

It is fairly simple, as I've said before, read the rules. How hard is is to be polite???

If the discussion of co-habiting wants to get brought up again, then do so in the dedicated thread.
If people want to learn things, then they'll come on the forum to learn, it's as simple as that. There is no reason to come onto a forum if you don't want to learn.

quote:

....... I am also an experianced keeper and have had snakes ALL of my life, since about age 2. I would never be so big headed to think that my advice is the only advice. I'm shoked at the comments here!!

I am as well in some ways, but I have also made comments that could be deemed 'big-headed'.
But if someone REALLY has experence, then they know that they'll never stop learning.

I have experience with highly venomous snakes, I had my first run in with a WILD monicled cobra when I about 6, and have since caught and contained venomous snakes, but I wouldn't now.
The reason for this; Lack of experience.

But if I've done it before, shouldn't that experience be enough??

The old homestead

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2009 :  18:10:58  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address
well said

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2009 :  18:37:00  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address
Well said Phil

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2009 :  19:18:40  Show Profile
True that Phil and I'm not trying to thread jack, but when someone turns round and says what someones saying is utter.. well what he said.. aint right..

You lot know how i feel now on co-habiting, I'm going to stay out of these threads.

If anyone has any issues regarding what I've said, email/add me to msn. Will be more than willing to apologise or if you plan to challenge me, or anyone, I ask you to do it privately as I think I speak for 99.9% of the members, I don't wanna read that.

Enough from me.
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2009 :  20:11:38  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

If anyone has any issues regarding what I've said, email/add me to msn. Will be more than willing to apologise or if you plan to challenge me, or anyone, I ask you to do it privately as I think I speak for 99.9% of the members, I don't wanna read that.

Enough from me.

Sorry Hillzi, but I disagree, if anyone has ANY issues from what people have said, then email a MOD that has been active in the thread.
Otherwise there is a chance that forum issues could spill over, and then back onto the forum, which no-one wants.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2009 :  20:39:00  Show Profile
Didn't think about the lashback. Don't be sorry. It's understandable re-reading.
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2009 :  21:10:57  Show Profile
Sorry Phil, I chose to overlook the rudeness directed at me and didn't think about getting anyone else involved. That was wrong of me and it won't happen again.

And Hillzi, thanks for being supportive over the matter, I think you felt the same way I did when I read it

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2009 :  22:30:04  Show Profile
No probs SB. I wont say what I felt.. But I think it maybe the same way you did.
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2009 :  03:19:47  Show Profile
I realise this thread has been totally hijacked now, but in a way I am pleased because it has brought to light something that has needed to be said for a while.

People need to carefully read what Kehhlyr has said and the main thing is to learn to respect everyone on the forum, be they newbies or experienced owners. We have to accept that all we can do is give advice, be that based on our own experiences or on others advice and experiences. We cant force people to take that advice and we need to accept that people are allowed to have their own opinions.

I do understand why topics such as this get so heated, because of the risks involved, and at the end of the day all we care about is the welfare of the snake/s involved...which is why we are on here in the first place. But once you have given your advice/opinion you then need to accept that it may be ignored and not feel personally insulted by that. In a sense nothing on here should be taken personally, and no comments should ever be made attacking someone personally.

Once you have written a post re-read it before you post it and consider how you would react were it to be in response to something you said...is there a better way you could express yourself, a less inflammatory way...a way that shows the respect that we should all have for others on this forum. Surely we should treat others how we wish to be treated ourselves?

As for the use of language and a bad attitude, it is so unnecessary and actually does more damage to your arguement than good.

We all have much to learn, even the mods and those of you who have had snakes for longer than lots of our members have been alive! No-one can feel they know best, but must accept that there are other opinions out there and give them the respect that they are due.

If you have any problems definitely go to the mod involved in the thread...dont make it into a personal issue by messaging the person you feel you have been hurt/insulted by. This needs to be handled by the mods, that is what they are there for - use them.

I do apologise, especially to the newbies, for anyone who has felt hurt or insulted or personally attacked on this forum. As Kehhlyr has said...that is not what we are about. All I ask is that when you post you think, like putting your brain into gear before you open your mouth!

Sorry for carrying on, didnt mean to...was supposed to just be a post supporting what Kehhlyr has said but I feel that what I have said needs to be heard/read.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2009 :  23:36:48  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
quote:

I am a bit disterbed that this topic has gotten so heated when someone new has just asked some very simple keeping instructions.

that's NOT the point, somebody asks for advice, numerous people offer their experienced opinion and the OP basically says 'stuff you, i'm doing it my way' THATS what most regulars on here are objecting to, and on any other board the OP would be accused of 'trolling'............

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2009 :  23:37:29  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by ivan.reho

very personal lol one off my topics got blocked cos off that reason

no it didn't ivan, see my post above.

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2009 :  23:40:33  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
i think the OP has got enough responses to their original question, what they then do with this information is up to them. we can only hope that some advice sticks and makes sense and is acted on.

so for that reason i'm locking this topic to stop it digressing further.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000