Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Help me i'm a new guys having a new Candy Corn ??
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2009 :  16:47:15  Show Profile
yes, just freeze and then defrost them when you need them.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

24 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2009 :  19:31:45  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by suken1234

What the ... Are you wanna to fight ??

What the hell is that about?

Real mature!

0.0.1 Rocky (Corn)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2009 :  20:03:38  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by maxine campbell

quote:

Real mature!

Maxine, there are kinder ways to express the thought. You were a bit blunt with your statement that he shouldn't be owning any snakes, and although it would have been better if he ignored that, he chose to respond. So what now? Pick a fight with him over it? Won't benefit him nor his snake.

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2009 :  20:16:15  Show Profile
Make sure, when you kill your pinkey, not to mutilate it so much so the snake can't eat it. how about you email me, I can use a translater if that would make it easier, so i can speak in vietnamese? If thats your language?
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  04:26:48  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkeye

quote:
Originally posted by maxine campbell

quote:

Real mature!

Maxine, there are kinder ways to express the thought. You were a bit blunt with your statement that he shouldn't be owning any snakes, and although it would have been better if he ignored that, he chose to respond. So what now? Pick a fight with him over it? Won't benefit him nor his snake.

I must agree with Hawkeye here. Although many of us may find it hard accepting that Suken has this snake, he has and he now has to care for it. We also dont know his culture, language, living situation etc. Please also remember that he is a young boy! At least he is being sensible enough to ask for help.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  05:00:30  Show Profile
Yes . I speak Vnmese. I just kill them first then go to fridge and take when i need . Thanks you guys so much. I will email you Hillzi . What Kellog say is very right . I had sorry Maxine . So accept my apologize , i'm just 14 years old man . I'm very care about my snake and i want to ask for to help him . Now i have no probs anymore . Thanks for helping me all this time
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  05:39:33  Show Profile
Suken, can I ask again....do you only have a fridge or do you also have a freezer? A dead mouse will only be alright to feed to your snake for a maximum of 3 days if it is kept in the fridge, after that it will begin to go bad because the fridge is not cold enough. You need to freeze your mice and then take one out and defrost it before you want to feed your snake. xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  06:14:43  Show Profile
Thanks .. I feed my snake usually 3 times / week because is hatchling ... I just have fridge not freezer :( I will make an Freezer soon as i can do . Thanks Kell
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  06:16:54  Show Profile
Man.. Is hard .. I have people sell Frozen Pinkey . I will buy soon
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  08:31:23  Show Profile
quote:

Thanks .. I feed my snake usually 3 times / week because is hatchling ... I just have fridge not freezer :( I will make an Freezer soon as i can do . Thanks Kell

dont feed him 3 times a week, thats far to much, you need to feed him every 5 days ideally

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

24 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  11:54:32  Show Profile
Apology accepted I wish you all the best with your snake, sorry if I came accross a bit blunt

0.0.1 Rocky (Corn)

Edited by - n/a on 26/10/2009 11:55:45
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  14:43:11  Show Profile
Ok . Thanks for the accept , i will feed 5 days one..but what about the pinkeys now..i just can give in fridge only..
By the way , this is suken brother , i want to ask my corn snake is escape , what can i do to bring him back ? Thanks
Why suken snake so good , my snake try to escape alots , and suken want to ask the temp is 34oC at night , did that too hot ? He turn both uth and red night bulb , and about summer , how to cool of the tank because both hot and cool will be at 30oC , not plus uth , the hot will be 36..and did i must to turn on the uth every time .? Thanks guys Suken bro and Suken
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  16:01:22  Show Profile
My cool size is 28oc and hot is 32oc why my snake lay him in water bold much ?
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2009 :  04:14:21  Show Profile
Hi Suken's brother. I didnt know you had a snake too. What sort is it and how old is it? How long have you had it? What do you feed it on? xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2009 :  05:01:26  Show Profile
He have candy cane like me . Same age . Hatchling .. Is just escape yesterday , now he can't find anywere , is gone... Now i just need the answer of the question :

What can i do to make 2 size hot and cold , i think my hot is 31oC and the another is 29oC is too same you know ??
Did i have to turn the UTH on every day every time ??
The night light bulb seams to be too hot , if i turn on the temp will be 42oC at night ?? Does that too hot for baby corn ?
Thanks ...My bro is going to buy another one but he is very sad right now
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

445 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2009 :  05:26:54  Show Profile
To keep a cool side to the tank you can buy special cooling fans, but they need to be used with cooling thermostats like this one. http://www.eurorep.net/habistat/cool.htm

It turns the fan on and off to maintain the cool end temperature.

42oC is far too hot for a corn snake, it will more than likely kill it.

Does your brother know how the snake escaped the first time? If he doesn't then he should not get another... it will just happen again.
Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2009 :  05:41:06  Show Profile
Hi Suken's brother.

1. Heating. Suken described using a 'UVB 2.0 no under tank heater' and a lightbulb too. I'm not sure what kind of heater than is and I would have thought a 40cm tank would be too hot with a lightbulb in it. If you are using the same setup this may be why you are having problems. Also, is your heating attached to a thermostat? It should be as this will control the amount of power going to the heater and stop it getting too hot. You really do need to make sure you have a proper cool end or the snake will bake - 42 degrees will kill your snake I believe.

Personally I think you are better getting rid of the lightbulb in such a small enclosure. As long as your snake can see some daylight it is not necessary for them to have a light.

The best thing (in my opinion) is to have a heat mat which should be on all of the time and attached to a separate thermostat. The thermostat makes sure the heatmat stays at the temperature you want by controlling the amount of electricity going to the mat. Make sure the heatmat only covers around 1/3 of the bottom of the tank or tub your snake is in - this will also provide a cool end. The hot end should be around 29 celcius and the cool end around 21 degrees celcius. Any more than this and your snake could bake.

2. Escapee Tell Suken not to panic, lots of people on this forum have had babies escape and have found them again, sometimes weeks later. Have a really good search first. Take everything out of the tank and check through the substrate, have a really good tidy up and check drawers, books, shelves, clothing etc. Pay special attention to areas up high as they climb really well and warm areas such as near electrical sockets or pipes. Check the edges of the room as they will often travel around there - it makes them feel safer. You could also try a bottle trap - this link will show you how http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1759

I really hope this all helps. Have you read the caresheet on main website here. It explains EVERYTHING you need to know about how to care for these animals http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm.

Good luck, Sam

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2009 :  06:20:07  Show Profile
Yeah. After he read this , he will be buy an Tarantula not Corn anymore . We cant find him anywhere. Yeah, my tank size is 60x45x40 ( WxHxD ) and i use zoomed under tank substrate heater small size 8'x 8' only , the hot size now is 30oC and the cool is 25oC now. I not use UVB anymore , but i use red light for night so .. is too hot .. i will turn only when i need . Thanks Sammysnake...

Bio shock, i think i dont have to buy fan anymore , thanks anyway
By the way , how to cool him down , he seems to be scary me :(
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2009 :  08:28:07  Show Profile
I use paper towel to substrate
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

18 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2009 :  09:53:56  Show Profile
hey suken, i've read through all these posts. it sounds like you're having a real hard time finding all the things you need that we take for granted over here. where do you get your equipment from at the moment?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000