Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Help me i'm a new guys having a new Candy Corn ??
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  15:37:20  Show Profile
I just try to 1 pinkey , i use my finger and flick hard to the head , the pinkey just fly far away and dead ..:(( my bro kick it until he dont want.he is an evil
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  15:38:24  Show Profile
Yes i know chinlala :(
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  15:39:45  Show Profile
Still flick another , is go far because i use strong push in my hand , yes dead quick..but i felt terrible after all that
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

31 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  15:42:48  Show Profile
I'm not trying to make you feel bad. I just want everyone involved to have as little stress/pain as possible, including the mice. :/

1.0.0 Blizzard Corn - Bill
2.2.0 cats - Leo, Tinycat, Manny, and Willow
1.1.0 dogs - Kelso and Phoebe
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  15:44:47  Show Profile
No, you should hold them in one hand and flick with the other. They will die quicker that way and none of the force is taken away by the pinkie moving, but I am glad it is working for you.

I know how difficult it must be, but it is your responsibility to make sure the pinkie dies a good, quick death. Believe me, it will get easier with time.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2009 :  00:20:41  Show Profile
Yeah...
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2009 :  06:02:56  Show Profile
I have this Q : Can i kill the pinkey then put them in the box to go in the fridge ??
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2009 :  06:28:41  Show Profile
Can i kill the pinkey and the mice first then put them in fridge to cold..
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

24 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2009 :  08:29:30  Show Profile
I have just sat and read all this thread and my opininon is like it or not, sulken owning a corn snake or any other type of snake is a bad idea.

0.0.1 Rocky (Corn)

Edited by - n/a on 24/10/2009 08:30:30
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2009 :  09:57:52  Show Profile
What the ... Are you wanna to fight ??
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2009 :  09:58:48  Show Profile
I post this topic mysefl i have read carefully all.This the last Q i wanna ask for . Maxine campbell is not the friendly guy
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

213 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2009 :  12:51:07  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by suken1234

I post this topic mysefl i have read carefully all.This the last Q i wanna ask for . Maxine campbell is not the friendly guy

I appreciate that you may feel that people are being harsh Suken but they have all been trying really hard to help you. Maxine isn't a bad guy at all.

Many members are just frustrated because you waited until you purchased your Corn Snake before doing adequate research. Most people on here would have advised you to find out about feeding, and sourcing that food, before you actually got your snake home.

If it helps at all I will speak to a friend of my who is from Hanoi and ask her about snake keeping over there. She may, at least, be able to do a comrehensive internet search for frozen food stockists.
Can I just confirm that you have a freezer (I am not trying to be rude or make assumptions but there seems to be little point in finding frozen mice for you have no way of storing them).
Best wishes.

0.0.1 Normal Corn (Cinco), 0.1.0 Ghost Motley (Sadie), 1.0.0 Amel Corn (Snuggles), 0.0.1 Classic Corn (The Stig), 1.0.0 Pastel Royal Python (Ba'al), 1.0.0 Pinstripe Royal Python (Paladin), 4.0.0 Cats, 1.0.0 Other Half, 0.3.0 Drains on My Resources (or Daughters)

Edited by - n/a on 24/10/2009 12:52:17
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2009 :  14:22:33  Show Profile
Thks
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2009 :  14:25:17  Show Profile
If u have any body in Hanoi pls give me email. Thanks all , sorry maxine.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

213 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2009 :  15:04:03  Show Profile
She's not in Hanoi now Suken, she lives in the Midlands UK as I do (sorry for confusing you). But she may have some ideas to help so I will speak to her next week when our schools return after half term holidays.

In the meantime you could try contacting The Hanoi Medical University as I would imagine they conduct animal tests on mice/rats and will be able to tell you where they obtain theirs.

Alternatively, the best places you could try would be Nguyen Binh Khiem , or Saigon Zoo (www.saigonzoo.net) which are both in Saigon/Ho Chi Minh City, or Thu Le Park and Zoo in Hanoi (Pho Nguyen Van Ngoc, www.hanoizoo.com). I would imagine an email to any of these places would be very infrmative for you and perhaps help you with the food issue.

It has taken me about 10 minutes to find this information on-line so I think with a little more time and using your native language you should be able to yield even better results.

Best of luck

0.0.1 Normal Corn (Cinco), 0.1.0 Ghost Motley (Sadie), 1.0.0 Amel Corn (Snuggles), 0.0.1 Classic Corn (The Stig), 1.0.0 Pastel Royal Python (Ba'al), 1.0.0 Pinstripe Royal Python (Paladin), 4.0.0 Cats, 1.0.0 Other Half, 0.3.0 Drains on My Resources (or Daughters)

Edited by - n/a on 24/10/2009 15:04:45
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2009 :  19:21:28  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by suken1234

Can i kill the pinkey and the mice first then put them in fridge to cold..

Thats fine, freezer is better as they will last longer.

No one is trying to be mean to you, just everyone has their opinions and believe it or not we do like mice and rats too!

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2009 :  23:01:38  Show Profile
Hi Suken and welcome to the forum. On a different subject I was wondering if you have access to a vet who is specialied in treating reptiles in case your snake ever gets ill in the future?

I presume snakes are not usual pets in Vietnam because of the difficulty you are having in getting suitable food so I wondered if a good vet would be difficult to find too? I would recommend you start looking now so you don't get caught out in case of emergency like you have been with the food. A good pet owner needs to think ahead to ensure they are able to provide everything needed for their pet to be happy and healthy.

I hope you are able to solve all of your difficulties soon so that you and your snake can relax and start getting to know one another.

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2009 :  23:12:55  Show Profile
I agree with what bbsmog has said about contacting zoos to try to get their help and support, at least then you would be getting it from someone who knows your language, culture and what the situation is where you live - which we in England find very hard to understand.

I also agree that if people are showing their frustration it is because of their concern for your snake and for the mice you are using for food. This should have all been researched and decided on before you got your snake.

I also agree with Sammysnake...it is very important that you contact all vets near you to see if any of them treat snakes or if they can give you the name of a vet that does. They may also be able to give you the name of other snake owners or advice on care of your snake.

Have you tried looking for reptile clubs? I am not sure if you are in a town or village so dont know if there would be any. Maybe your local library could give you information or look on the internet.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2009 :  04:20:59  Show Profile
Haahaa All of you will think the zoo will help me out. NO WAY . They dont even know what is the corn snake , and what pinkey is . Just the member of the reptile forum know about it ..I am the member of the reptile club in Viet nam : www.aquapet.com.vn . And yes , i have a source of pinkey you know , but they are alive , and like sexy bear said i can kill then put in fridge. thanks so much for helping me out
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2009 :  04:22:30  Show Profile
In Viet Nam just have 100 > 130 people know about caring reptiles and aphibiams :( they dont know much..YES snake is not usal pet in here. I repeat that i have alot of mouse and pinkey . Just kill and put in fridge ??
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000