Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Help me i'm a new guys having a new Candy Corn ??
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  09:03:00  Show Profile
Glad to hear it went well Suken, the thought of killing animals does get easier the more you do it.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  09:03:47  Show Profile
Yeah..Thanks.And i got a new Q : My mom always turn the music very very LOUD ... Can it make the snake stress ? I use an UTH with 20x20cm size with 60x45x40cm tank. And a red light exo tera 40w night bulb ( only turn on at night ) . Does that make the tank too hot ?? at night ??
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  09:06:34  Show Profile
Loud music can stress a snake because of the vibrations from the sounds, the snake will be able to feel it through the floor of its tank.

Belly heat (from below) is best for corns, most of us use heatmats. I dont know much about bulbs. The temps of your viv should be 28-30c in the hot end and 24-26c in the cold end, measured with a decent digital thermometer.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  09:33:33  Show Profile
Thanks My mom turn the music loud so my tank vibrate :D
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  09:36:24  Show Profile
tell her to turn the music down - the vibrations will scare the snake and if really stressed could stop feeding..

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  10:09:16  Show Profile
I am so glad you have been able to feed your snake and I think you have been very strong to be able to kill a pinky to be able to look after your snake - you are obviously caring very much for your snake.
It is very important that the music is turned down. Snakes feel sound/vibrations, and loud music will vibrate his vivarium which will seriously stress him. A stressed snake may not eat and it is very unhealthy for it. Try and get your mum to understand what is important for the snake so she understands why she needs to turn her music down.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  15:06:34  Show Profile
Hmm..i will tell her to turn down the volume , and of course , i do it to the adult mice , not pinkey . I just try , not feed. I feel terable went crack the mice , is so sad..I still cant do it more..i will tell my brother to do it. He is opposite with my character , he like to killing mouse , rat , centipede...man ..gees....
With pinkeys i put them in the bag and throw strong to the wall... I FEel like im not human..oh man..huhuhu..poor little mice
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  15:08:53  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by suken1234

Hmm..i will tell her to turn down the volume , and of course , i do it to the adult mice , not pinkey . I just try , not feed. I feel terable went crack the mice , is so sad..I still cant do it more..i will tell my brother to do it. He is opposite with my character , he like to killing mouse , rat , centipede...man ..gees....
With pinkeys i put them in the bag and throw strong to the wall... I FEel like im not human..oh man..huhuhu..poor little mice

I understand exactly what you are saying Suken, but I thought you were doing the neck dislocation? throwing them against the wall may just stun or badly injure the mice, so they may be in terrible pain without you knowing.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  15:09:08  Show Profile
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  15:13:03  Show Profile
What ? I just throw the pinkeys only , went i open the bag after throwing , the pinkey was die..:( . I bought the adult mice and try the neck... And it work but the sound wasnt loud
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  15:15:43  Show Profile
Pinkey was dead with out injury or blood i think they die from inside ,strike throug them heart
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  15:17:43  Show Profile
The sound wont be loud as they have very small bones and all you are doing is dislocating the neck, not breaking it.

I just think there are kinder ways of killing a pinkie than throwing it at the wall...

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  15:17:53  Show Profile
I thought pinkey just like meat only . My pk are no have eyes claws or even mouth just pink and moving meat..so why i must to kill them , just let the snake eat them alive , is cant make any injure for the snake
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  15:19:04  Show Profile
What is the kinder way man ? Not co2
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  15:20:02  Show Profile
quote:

Pinkey was dead with out injury or blood i think they die from inside ,strike throug them heart

and they will die from massive internal injuries and shock.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  15:27:21  Show Profile
Yeh , just the pk have injuries and shock and our snake eat them. So..what , why we are so worry about that ? Just the pk have injuries and shock not our snake , and i repeat my pinkey not have eyes mouth even feet yet.. Its like moving pink meat so do i must to kill it ?
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  15:30:29  Show Profile
If you feed your snake live food now, it is likely to make it very hard for you to feed him pre-killed when he is bigger, And pinkies arent just meat, they are animals that can feel pain just as much as any other animal.

Why cant you ask your mum to buy you all the things for a C02 chamber? if you explain the problems you are having I'm sure she wouldnt mind.

another method of killing is to flick the pinkie very hard just at the back of the head, at the very top of the neck. This should kill it quickly due to massive trauma to the brain.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  15:34:06  Show Profile
Ok , i will try flicrk way , just use finger and flick the neck , or the head ?..my mom..no , she hate my snake so much..so can u think she will buy me Co2 things ? :D
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  15:35:18  Show Profile
So hard for me..im not like killing much..
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

31 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  15:35:45  Show Profile
quote:

Yeh , just the pk have injuries and shock and our snake eat them. So..what , why we are so worry about that ? Just the pk have injuries and shock not our snake , and i repeat my pinkey not have eyes mouth even feet yet.. Its like moving pink meat so do i must to kill it ?

Just because their eyes aren't open doesn't mean they can't suffer. They're alive and have fully developed nervous systems.

1.0.0 Blizzard Corn - Bill
2.2.0 cats - Leo, Tinycat, Manny, and Willow
1.1.0 dogs - Kelso and Phoebe
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000