Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Help me i'm a new guys having a new Candy Corn ??
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

n/a
deleted

445 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2009 :  23:02:35  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

quote:
Originally posted by Bioshock

In his rush to once again bump his post count he failed to notice that you are not from this country... but he has since deleted the post that made him look like a fool... he has not however deleted the posts related to it, which is now leading to confusion that is totally unneeded.

dont you think thats a little rude bioshock!

Not in the slightest, an important post has been removed by a 'moderator' because it was A, wrong, and B made him look like a fool.

He did however leave messages related to that which in turn have made us look stupid for apparently not knowing where Vietnam was and secondly, has caused confusion that was not needed in a thread where there is already a language barrier.

Now, if he had any sense about him he would of deleted all related posts in order to keep the thread pertinent and of use to the person asking for help. However i then had to explain the situation and it is now leading to people having a moan at me.

But hey, i thought i did pretty well to not say what i REALLY thought.

Edited by - n/a on 21/10/2009 23:03:11
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2009 :  00:31:10  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
I removed posts because I felt I had to.
If ANYONE has an issue with the missing posts, then email ME. Don't start on the board without finding out facts first.

I now call the discussion of missing posts OVER!

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

161 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2009 :  01:22:35  Show Profile
i have been following the post for a bit and forgive me if am wrong but if feel we are all being had the same q??? being asked over and and over the same story over and over if bye u aint got the jist then why keep a snake sorry if my oppinion offends but that just me

1.0.0 miami clyde
0.1.0 miami bonnie
1.0.0 ghost casper
0.1.0 carolina sneaky
1.0.0 anery runt
0.1.0 anery spot
0.1.0 amel amy
1.0.0 no name ghost motley stripe
1.0.0 bloodred het lavender stripe on its way :)
0.1.0 reverse oketee on its way :)
1 husband
4 kids
new puppy shih apso on the way

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2009 :  04:21:41  Show Profile
OK ! I buy from my friend , is in Thai Land and yes ... Is dont have any frozen mouse..And i repeat CAN I PUT THE ALIVE IN THE FRIDGE ?? Or IN THE "NO AIR" so the mouse can breath and dead then go to the fridge .. Can I ???
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2009 :  04:22:15  Show Profile
And what is dry ice ?? ice usually wet :D
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2009 :  07:01:02  Show Profile
putting a live mouse in the fridge would not be a good idea - it would slowly get hypothermia or something similar and possibly take a while to die - would you want to feed your snake a mouse which had a disease?
Dry ice is the solid form of carbon dioxide,when it sublimates (goes from solid to gas) it creates a large amount of Carbon Dioxide in gas form which if contained in a sealed box or room could cause a mouse to asphyxiate there for being a (slightly) more humane way of killing dinner than smacking it against a wall..

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2009 :  09:56:05  Show Profile
How does your friend in Thailand feed his snakes? It must be about time to feed your snake so it is worrying that you dont know what to do yet. Have you asked your friend for his advice?

xxx

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2009 :  13:29:28  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by suken1234

OK ! I buy from my friend , is in Thai Land and yes ... Is dont have any frozen mouse..And i repeat CAN I PUT THE ALIVE IN THE FRIDGE ?? Or IN THE "NO AIR" so the mouse can breath and dead then go to the fridge .. Can I ???

Suken, I repliedf in an earlier post that you couldn't put the mouse in the fidge to kill it.

I dont make posts for the joy of being wrong.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2009 :  16:50:20  Show Profile
Well , sorry im not read carefully , i will dont post like that again . My friend feed with ALIVE PINKEYS , 3 days one ...he said the pinkeys can make any serious damage , just the fuzzy , older mouse does so dont need to worry , and if i can put in fridge , can i just put 1 > 2 pinkeys in a box , seal it , it will have no air , and they will die slowly , can i do that ?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2009 :  17:04:58  Show Profile
Im just kid , i cant make co2 chamb , even buy dry ice , they will not sell it for me. So..

Edited by - n/a on 22/10/2009 17:05:52
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2009 :  18:08:07  Show Profile
quote:

Well , sorry im not read carefully , i will dont post like that again . My friend feed with ALIVE PINKEYS , 3 days one ...he said the pinkeys can make any serious damage , just the fuzzy , older mouse does so dont need to worry , and if i can put in fridge , can i just put 1 > 2 pinkeys in a box , seal it , it will have no air , and they will die slowly , can i do that ?

NO

It would be unnecessarily cruel, and completely unjustified when you have other methods of killing them.

I think you really need to consider whether a snake is the best pet for you, if you are struggling to come to terms with what must be done with its food.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2009 :  19:40:09  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

I think you really need to consider whether a snake is the best pet for you, if you are struggling to come to terms with what must be done with its food.

This is the Hawk (not the Eye) and I agree with you SB.

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  02:39:19  Show Profile
I am afraid that I feel the same suken and I know this may sound hard but you should have thought about this before you got the snake. It will grow and have to be feed large mice - my adult is eating extra large mice and he is only 4 years old. There is no way I would feed him a live mouse because of the danger of injury to him and the risk of him not killing the mouse outright but inflicting unecessary pain on it before it died.
What do your parents think about all of this? How old are you?

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  06:06:07  Show Profile
Oh..I cant ... Oh man . :( So i have to dump pinkey in the hard surface like the wall , and the extral mouse i will kill like the way of Moderator send for me.. Well I think i can make the co2 chamber ..
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  06:09:12  Show Profile
But the temp of dry ice is -79oC is too cold , it can make my hand go to frozen if i touch in . So if i put the dry ice on the pinkey is will DIE right ??
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  06:13:53  Show Profile
you dont put anything on the pinkie.. when dry ice is put with normal air it sublimates creating a dense thick fog which is made from CO2 (carbon dioxide)..it then suffocates the pinkie - the pinkie doent have to come into contact with it at all - you dont have to touch it - just tip a small bit into a tub

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

31 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  06:20:55  Show Profile
I don't know if this is feasible (in my mind it's potentially cruel, but I'm a new snake owner and a former mouse owner, so I haven't quite come to terms with mice-as-food yet), but maybe you could put a mousetrap in a cage with a mouse to kill it? Not the cage with the snake, obviously, and not catching wild mice. And you'd have to watch to make sure it actually did kill the mouse, as traps seem to be a little hit-and-miss in my experience. And, of course, it wouldn't work for pinkies.

But if you're too squeamish to actually kill mice with your own hands, this seems like it'd be fairly quick most of the time. :/

1.0.0 Blizzard Corn - Bill
2.2.0 cats - Leo, Tinycat, Manny, and Willow
1.1.0 dogs - Kelso and Phoebe
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  06:47:40  Show Profile
Yeah .. I will kill mouse with MY HAND .. :D OK thanks all to you guys. I will kill pinkey easy but the large is not too hard :D
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  07:09:06  Show Profile
AND YES IT WORK . I just do this : Pinch the base of the mouse's head between the thumb and forefinger of your other hand.Pull each end of the mouse in opposite directions.And the mouse is not yelling or moving but i did'nt here any crack sound. But is work haha :D thanks
Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2009 :  08:39:02  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage
quote:

AND YES IT WORK . I just do this : Pinch the base of the mouse's head between the thumb and forefinger of your other hand.Pull each end of the mouse in opposite directions.And the mouse is not yelling or moving but i did'nt here any crack sound. But is work haha :D thanks

Glad to hear you've come round to it, if you require anymore advice when you need to do it with the larger mice use that video I sent you. With the smaller mice like pinkies you won't hear a crack because they are so small.

5.2.0 Cornsnakes: Lucien (Amel), Zero Kiryu (Blizzard), Aura (Butter Stripe), Montana (Normal), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender), Orlando (Anery)
2.0.0 Royals: Q & Little One
Twitter: @BlutAura
DeviantART: BlutAura
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000