Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 Help me i'm a new guys having a new Candy Corn ??
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

n/a
deleted

445 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2009 :  00:43:11  Show Profile
Suken, unless Vietnam is a small village in the UK i have never heard of... 888 will not deliver to you. You may want to look for a place in your own country.
Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2009 :  00:54:40  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Bioshock

Suken, unless Vietnam is a small village in the UK i have never heard of... 888 will not deliver to you. You may want to look for a place in your own country.

Woops didn't see the location! 888 might have a few problems getting to you.

quote:
Originally posted by suken1234

But in here they dont have Dead Pinkeys.. Just live , so have i must to cook. Can i frozen it ?

If you really can't get hold of frozen or prekilled prey there are many guides on the internet on how to make a co2 chamber. It is probably the most humane way.

5.2.0 Cornsnakes: Lucien (Amel), Zero Kiryu (Blizzard), Aura (Butter Stripe), Montana (Normal), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender), Orlando (Anery)
2.0.0 Royals: Q & Little One
Twitter: @BlutAura
DeviantART: BlutAura

Edited by - lucifer on 21/10/2009 00:59:02
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2009 :  06:02:01  Show Profile
:( what is Co2 Chamber .. Im just a kid .. i dont know about that
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2009 :  06:04:17  Show Profile
And what :o You never heared about Viet Nam .... What the.. ?? :D
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

445 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2009 :  06:11:14  Show Profile
A C02 chamber is basically a sealed box that you pump C02 gas into in order to kill the mice inside. What the above posts did not mention is how expensive that would be for just a few mice.

And yes, we have heard of Vietnam.

What you see above is a series of messages with one crucial one removed. The one that was removed was posted by Lucifer, it recommended that you buy your pinkies from a website that is based in the UK that does not deliver to other countries.

In his rush to once again bump his post count he failed to notice that you are not from this country... but he has since deleted the post that made him look like a fool... he has not however deleted the posts related to it, which is now leading to confusion that is totally unneeded.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2009 :  07:01:27  Show Profile
:( How to make that .. If i can't do it.. Cook Pinkeys with 100oC is fine right ??
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

445 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2009 :  07:14:37  Show Profile
No, you cannot cook the pinkies, snakes require their pray to be raw and not cooked.

To make a C02 chamber you would need a plastic airtight tub, the smaller the better if you are only planning to kill a few pinkies at a time. You would also need a canister of C02 and some tubing to go between the canister and the plastic tub. You would then need to cut a hole for the tubing to enter the tub and then seal around the tube to make the tub airtight again.

Basically, to kill pinkies using a C02 chamber it takes two things, a smaller release of C02 that initially puts the pinkies to sleep and then when the pinkies are asleep you turn the C02 up more in order to kill them.

To be perfectly honest though, if you are just killing a few pinkies then the cheapest and easiest way to do it would just been to swing their head into a hard surface. It may not be the most humane way to kill them but it would be effective.

Of course, neither method would be for the squeamish.

Before you even think about killing your own food i would suggest that you search the internet and pet/reptile shops within range of you to find somewhere that will either ship frozen pinkies to you or somewhere that you can buy them in person.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2009 :  07:20:26  Show Profile
:( .. Is not have frozen pinkeys here.. I can't make Co2 Chamber.. Man.. Eat alive is danger??
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2009 :  07:22:03  Show Profile
Oh.. Like you said.. I can break pinkeys head ? Throw him in the wall , does it work ??
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

445 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2009 :  07:23:48  Show Profile
Yes, live feeding can be very dangerous to your snake.

Not so much when it is only eating pinkies, but when your snake moves on to larger mice there is a very real risk that the mice will fight back and seriously injure your snake.

If you cannot buy frozen food and you cannot make a C02 chamber then there really is only one option... and that is to kill the mice yourself as i mentioned above.

Not the most pleasant of thoughts, but i am not sure what else to suggest that you could do.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2009 :  07:25:04  Show Profile
Break those heads !!! :O .. Men.. I not gonna do this :( but i must to . Thanks anyway
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

445 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2009 :  07:26:54  Show Profile
Personally i would NOT just throw the mouse at the wall, there is a chance that it would not kill the mouse. For a pinky it may work, but for an older mouse there is less chance that it will.

There is a technique for killing older mice although it takes practice to perform properly.

Basically, you get a hold of the mouse by the base of the tail as close to the body as possible. Then, with your other hand you place the head and neck of the mouse against a table or other hard surface... now you would get a pencil and place it on the mouses neck just behind the ears pinning it to the table. Now with one sharp tug you would pull on the tail, you should hear a crack when the neck dislocates. This will kill the mouse instantly.

Edited by - n/a on 21/10/2009 07:39:19
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2009 :  08:11:55  Show Profile
I dont know how to do that . Did you have any Video ?? What about get alive pinkey in the fridge ??
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2009 :  09:15:39  Show Profile
no, dont put it in the fridge, it is a not a humane way to kill an animal. The methods Bioshock has suggested are perfectly acceptable. Videos are available online (youtube) of how to do them.

To be honest, and without meaning to be rude, you really need to decide how you are going to deal with feeding your snake, for the sake of both your snake and its prey. While the methods above may be unpleasant for you, they will be much kinder for the mouse.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2009 :  10:01:29  Show Profile
Can u post the link for me . im finding about 3 ours and get nothing .. :|
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

90 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2009 :  10:05:10  Show Profile
Can u post the link for me . im finding about 3 ours and get nothing .. :|... What do i do now :((
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2009 :  10:17:58  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by suken1234

Can u post the link for me . im finding about 3 ours and get nothing .. :|... What do i do now :((

Suken, je vois que vous êtes en provenance du Vietnam. Serait-il plus facile pour vous si quelqu'un vous donne les instructions en français?

Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2009 :  16:30:56  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage
Suken1234 are you able to purchase dry ice anywhere local, frozen co2?
There is a method of making a DIY co2 chamber on this page and also a short description of cervical dislocation:
http://www.rodentracks.com/DIY_Co2_Chamber.html

I will email you a link from youtube on how to do cervical dislocation (severing the spine) on a mouse as it maybe slightly graphic for some on here like me that are used to buying pre killed mice.

5.2.0 Cornsnakes: Lucien (Amel), Zero Kiryu (Blizzard), Aura (Butter Stripe), Montana (Normal), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender), Orlando (Anery)
2.0.0 Royals: Q & Little One
Twitter: @BlutAura
DeviantART: BlutAura
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2009 :  19:21:44  Show Profile
quote:

In his rush to once again bump his post count he failed to notice that you are not from this country... but he has since deleted the post that made him look like a fool... he has not however deleted the posts related to it, which is now leading to confusion that is totally unneeded.

dont you think thats a little rude bioshock!

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2009 :  21:03:15  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

quote:

dont you think thats a little rude bioshock!

I do agree with SB, what you have said Bioshock was not necessary and is not what this forum is all about. People make mistakes when they post and they shouldnt be attacked like this.

Suken - where did you get your snake? How does the shop feed their snakes, with live prey? I think you should try hard to find a place that supplies dead pinkies - maybe they could be posted to you from one of the large cities in Vietnam. I find it hard to believe that no-where in Vietnam supplies dead mice.

xxx

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000