Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Bilbo
Hatchling

United Kingdom
426 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2009 :  16:29:11  Show Profile  Visit Bilbo's Homepage  Click to see Bilbo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
no joy last night he must of stayed put. mite need to get more flour soon. looks like i am up again tonight...

2 male corns (Bilbo and roger)
1 female corn (lizzie)
2 dogs westies (jock & morag)
5 mirror carp
3 common carp
3 tench
5 gold fish
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

63 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2009 :  22:07:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bet he'll show up when you least expect it. I can only imagine how awful it feels. I am sure you'll find him. Good luck tonight!

1 Corn Snake (EDDIE)
2 Rats (PINK & STINK)
1 Cat (BINX)
1 Budgie (MOLLY)
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2009 :  03:24:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad you got some sign of him in the flour trail - it means he is still around...a reason to keep hoping! If you are up tonight check in on the 'after hours club', we'll keep you company. xxx

Go to Top of Page

Bilbo
Hatchling

United Kingdom
426 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2009 :  10:50:29  Show Profile  Visit Bilbo's Homepage  Click to see Bilbo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
no sign at all of bilbo last night starting to lose all hope now and thinking he mite of got out into the garden if he did then its miles to cold out there for him. and the problem i have is that i am a school caretaker and live on the school grounds witch is very big and we have foxes witch will sniff him out. the breeder is holding me a snake back that looks just like bilbo will give it untill friday if there are no signs of bilbo in the flour or if the mice dont get taken then i will get the other one. then if bilbo dose turn up i will have to get a new viv and keep them both. thanks guys for all your help i would of gone mad if it wasnt for you all. tihs i must say is the best forum out there by a long way.... i will still keep the updates coming...

1 female corn (lizzie)
5 mirror carp
3 common carp
3 tench
5 gold fish
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

102 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2009 :  18:47:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm so sorry to hear about Bilbo, I'm sure he will turn up soon enough when u r least expecting it and in the strangest place. I have only had my snake since Sat and Sat night about 3am I got up to get a drink and checked on Jessie..............cudn't see her anywhere :o( emptied the viv from the hide, water dish and plant all there was left was substrate and I still couldn't see her until the substrate began to move. My heart left my chest and was in my mouth, I honestly thought she had escaped :o(

Fingers crossed for ya mate x

1 Corn snake
8 Chickens
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

151 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2009 :  18:53:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seriously dont give up mate, he might still turn up. Mine was outside when i found her after a week and a half and she's absolutely fine. Fingers crossed xx

0.1.0 Crimson Corn "Cherry Darling"
0.1.0 Anery Corn "Riff Raff"
0.1.0 Hypo Motley Corn "Magenta"
0.1.0 Crested Gecko "Beatrix Kiddo"
0.1.0 Crested Gecko "O-Ren Ishii"
0.1.0 Tortoiseshell and White Kitten "Gizmo!"
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2009 :  21:43:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please stay strong Bilbo....there is still a strong chance he is in the house as he will seek out the warmth. Keep hoping, we all are. xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

63 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2009 :  21:58:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You will find him... have faith (eek hate that expression, soo cliche) you get the drift

1 Corn Snake (EDDIE)
2 Rats (PINK & STINK)
1 Cat (BINX)
1 Budgie (MOLLY)
Go to Top of Page

pop-rivet
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
19 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2009 :  09:07:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine escaped last night (hatchling)through one of the cable inlets in the top of an exo terra terrarium after I fitted a temp sensor and forgot to close up the other holes after with slider. Named "rocky" since the first thing he did was attempt to climb background when put in terrarium. Its installed on a space in a tall 7ft built in bookcase/cupboard system. Once I realised he had gone after last seeing him 2-3hrs earlier and knowing if I did not find him the "cat" would. I pulled of a load of books to see if he was behind them, having approx 200 books this could take a while! then I thought he always wants to go up, so stopping that I went straight to the top of the bookcase and "Bingo" wrapped arround an ornament on the top shelf there he was. I knew I had to find him ASAP as our cat is a killer/hunter and by the morning I would have found him dead as another present from the cat! So my advice is check up on high ! Hope you find him soon.

1 X Carolina

1 X Killer Cat (that would love the above).

Somewhere over the rainbow in the garden of England.
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2009 :  10:10:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So glad your escape experience was not too bad pop-rivet, we all learn by our mistakes and hopefully you have learnt that Rocky will take any chance he can to escape so you need to be more careful!
I wish Bilbo was as easy to find....but there is always a chance, so have faith (which is a truly meaningful expression ashs!). I hope the same thing will happen to you as happened to Con, who lost RiffRaff, bought Magenta as a replacement and then RiffRaff turned up! xxx

Go to Top of Page

Bilbo
Hatchling

United Kingdom
426 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2009 :  10:19:42  Show Profile  Visit Bilbo's Homepage  Click to see Bilbo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i realy have looked every where even in the silly places i have taken the boiler apart the fridge most of the kitchenhas been apart the fire in the living room book shelf dvd shelf the kids toys taken the tv off the wall the lot and i have looked every where 2 or 3 times. i put flour down in the door ways every night with no sing of any movment. i have put traps down every night as well its driving me mad i have been up for 5 nights in a row watching out for him as well as going to work. i rearly dont think he is in the house any more. witch is bad news cause there are alot of cats and foxes around here witch i would think will sniff him out. i have looked in the garden most nights just in case i see him on the move. the breeder is keeping me a snake untill friday if there he dont show by then i will be getting a new baby. and if bilbo dose turn up i will have 2 snakes witch was the plan anyway.....

1 female corn (lizzie)
5 mirror carp
3 common carp
3 tench
5 gold fish
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2009 :  10:51:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really dont think he would have gone outside, he would have stayed where it was warm. You need to keep looking, because Bilbo will probably move around a bit so may now be somewhere you have looked already. Please dont give up on him, stay strong. xxx

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2009 :  11:01:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dont give up- well said!!!!

hope is not lost until you admit it is- so there!

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

32 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2009 :  14:11:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes dont give up mine was missing for over a week before i found him.they can turn up in the most unlikely places.in case anybody was interested my corn escaped when knee high to a grasshopper by sqeezing between the sliding glass doors in the viv.i had to put a strip of exterior door draught excluder to seal the gap.maybe something for people to watch out for when buying a viv.really hope ur corn turns up soon bilbo.
Go to Top of Page

Bilbo
Hatchling

United Kingdom
426 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2009 :  15:55:08  Show Profile  Visit Bilbo's Homepage  Click to see Bilbo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i havent lost all hope yet just realy missing him now. witch is why i will get the other one friday and if bilbo turns up then alls well and i will have 2 snakes..

1 female corn (lizzie)
5 mirror carp
3 common carp
3 tench
5 gold fish
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2009 :  22:23:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eskimorab

yes dont give up mine was missing for over a week before i found him.they can turn up in the most unlikely places.in case anybody was interested my corn escaped when knee high to a grasshopper by sqeezing between the sliding glass doors in the viv.i had to put a strip of exterior door draught excluder to seal the gap.maybe something for people to watch out for when buying a viv.really hope ur corn turns up soon bilbo.

You can also use a plastic paper binder slid onto edge of inside piece of glass to block gap. It also is a softer edge if your snake keeps rubbig itself up and down gap trying to escape. xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

299 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2009 :  23:55:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hope you have the best luck soon in finding bilbo you must be pulling your hair out with worry are thought are with you mate try and keep ya chin up

1.0.0 bci rocky
0.1.0 bci twix
0.1.0 silver queen
1.0.0 anery beetlejuice
0.1.0 snow motley snowdrop
0.1.0 holly (caviler king charles)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

111 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2009 :  18:10:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello buddy there is light at the end of the tunnle, i lost ny baby corn (winston) for 3 days i was gutted i was told get some old toilet roll thing cover one end and put in any gaps side of fridge, washing machine, cooker, tv any thing like this and at night when he goes looking about he will probley end up in one of the traps but htis did not work for me i found winston in the middle of the kitchen on feeding day in the middle of the day i was well chuffed i hope this helps stay positive he will turn up

winston
Go to Top of Page

Bilbo
Hatchling

United Kingdom
426 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2009 :  18:44:21  Show Profile  Visit Bilbo's Homepage  Click to see Bilbo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
still nothing from bilbo he has not taken any nice that i have put down every night nothing in an of the traps. i am picking up my new corn tomorrow and if bilbo dose turn up i now have a 2nd viv to put him in.. not going to stop looking or give up hope yet..

1 female corn (lizzie)
5 mirror carp
3 common carp
3 tench
5 gold fish
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

111 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2009 :  19:45:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote