Page: of 3

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  02:33:16  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by CentricMalteser

so how am i talking rubbish when I just outlined the facts to you about my neighbours and the RSPCA??!!!! and therefore you cannot correct me on that!!!

you may know a lot more about corn snakes or other reptiles than me? big deal, what do you want? a meadl?!!

and in my intial reply to quiggy symptoms I stated, im no expert , and was going by what I have read from several websites

I then went on about contacting the RSPCA as Squiggy mentioned a few are like it in the store ,

so i gave my opinion on some action he may wish to take of his own free will! its not like i just held a gun to his head is it?!!!

Sounds like its only your opnion counts, and no others matter, perhaps I should worry about people believing you? an arrogant, pompus stuckup biggot,

for someone who knows a lot more than me in reptiles you sure do lack people and social skills!!! not to mention you sound like you have anger management issues

a reply is not needed from you

Ha ha ha, i have anger issues? I am not the one who has resorted to insults, calling me names isnt gonna get you very far.
You can worry all you like about people beleiving me, i have many years experience to base my replies on, something you dont have.

My social skills can't be that bad, i had a lovely night with friends tonight, even they enjoyed it!

Go to Top of Page

GillyDuncan
50% warning

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  02:38:35  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards
[br...........i had a lovely night with friends tonight, even they enjoyed it!

Bukkake????

Surely the serpent will bite without enchantment; and a babbler is no better.
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  02:39:38  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by GillyDuncan

quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards
[br...........i had a lovely night with friends tonight, even they enjoyed it!

Bukkake????

I cant say, i dont like to brag, but it was fun!! didnt involve food though, which was disapointing

Edited by - mikerichards on 25/02/2011 02:40:54
Go to Top of Page

CentricMalteser
Banned

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  02:46:39  Show Profile
Im not worried about people believing you

and good for you and your "years of experience",

years of experience btw do NOT alter facts seen,

therefore your years of experience does not alter the fact that a) i saw a dog being neglected and therefore was appropiate to call the RSPCA which was NOT a waste of time or resources and b) the facts Iv seen a nieghbour release pet animals into the wild which is also illegal

so years of experience versus what has actually been seen
hmmmm

experiene where an outcome is most likely to be the same in your prvious years though not 100% fool proof or accurate OR things that have been seen with a persons eye which is 100% accurate

tough one that??? NOT!

as for social skills, I said you lack them, which means you have a deficiency in them! so you may have friends over, doesnt mean your any good as a social person

goodnight Mikerichards (the little angry boy who thinks he's above everyone, but really just a biggot)

EDIT - btw you assuming that I dont have experience to submit my replies on, again assumptions mate, not really a good thing to have, because for the second time again, you're wrong, I have experiences, I just havent disclosed them to you!

[/quote]

Ha ha ha, i have anger issues? I am not the one who has resorted to insults, calling me names isnt gonna get you very far.
You can worry all you like about people beleiving me, i have many years experience to base my replies on, something you dont have.

My social skills can't be that bad, i had a lovely night with friends tonight, even they enjoyed it!
[/quote]

Edited by - CentricMalteser on 25/02/2011 02:51:51
Go to Top of Page

CentricMalteser
Banned

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  02:55:06  Show Profile

And admittedly it's rare for them to do anything - for the reason of lacking resources and funding, not because they are happy how they are kept, as theyve not investigated

up to 15-20% of complaints arent investigated due to insufficient resources and funds!!! just a statistic took directly from the RSPCA when I spoke to them not so long ago!

quote:
Originally posted by GillyDuncan

quote:
Originally posted by CentricMalteser

yeh you're right for 98% of the RSPCA......<snip>.......Admittedly I agree it's rare they do anything, but I personally would try because, if they don't help then it's on their head, and if it's do then the snakes and any other animals will benefit

So admittedly where you come from it's rare they do anything, so that means they're happy with how animals are being kept.
Where I come from we call that being an irritating plank who has nothing better to do than report people for the sheer hell of it.

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  03:07:59  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Hiya MikeRichards and CentricMalteser.

You both done yet???

I would think you are, this thread has now gone SO FAR adrift that I'm not even sure Al and Ziggy could find out what's going on.

Give it a rest.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  08:16:09  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address
Here here K.

I am appaulled that a concern from a newcomer has been completed obliterated in a point scoring exercise from 2 individuals. I really hope Squiggy doesn't get put off the forum because of this childish arguement.

Squiggy hun, if you can take some pics of your snake it may help someone more knowledgable than me to help you more. It might also be worthwhile starting a new thread with it as some people will avoid this one now because of the arguement. :(

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

ilovemypets1988
Hatchling

United Kingdom
328 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  11:14:13  Show Profile  Click to see ilovemypets1988's MSN Messenger address
this is what the threads about and not a bi*ching match between 2 members, its a very valuable question as no doubt as prices of these animals go down, so does the care that some petshops give, so listen and answer clearly as there will be more questions like this and argueing doesnt help people who needs it

quote:
Originally posted by squiggy88

im needing some advice on my new snake snowy i got her exactly a week ago and i think the reptile store may have sold me an ill snake :(

she wont eat she hasnt pooed she has flaking scales and her tail hasnt shed properly...there was a few in the store with not properly shed tails including hatchlings however temprement wise she is amazing

im quite worried becuse i really like her but i paid alot of money for her and now feel abit robbed and if they are getting away with not caring for thier snakes i have helped their business by buying from there

i dont no her age she is roughly 4 n a half foot long i wud say she is overweight quite bad

Go to Top of Page

squiggy88
Snake Mite

40 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  18:58:33  Show Profile
o dear i didnt mean for this to cause an argument :( ive been to the reptile store i always go to and got some very good advice they even said if i want her checking over i can take her in and then if they think she needs vetanary treatment they have a reptile vet they use so good. as for the rspca or using the store again i will pass on both and just have to tell repti friends my expiriences im not a person who actualy likes confrontation or anything like that i am infact a wuss haha i just want the best for my animals and other animals maybe it was just coincidence that a few had ill shed tails im not sure but im gonna do my best for my snakes and if it means payign vet bills for her i will cos shes a lovely snakey

thank you for all the advice guys :D

Amel Corn - Rocky
Ghost Corn - Snowy
GoldDust Corn - Sparkey
Royal Python - Kahn
Chihuahua - Harvey
Jack Russel - Trigger
Springer Spaniel - Kobi
Sports Horse - Barney
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  19:04:21  Show Profile
sorry about that.....
However, i will repeat my questions if i may

ok, you have had the snake a week, thats not long enough to judge its quirks, its digestive system, or anything really, unless its totally obvious, its not even long enough to get used to how the snake is and whether there are any problems.
Mites wont cause the scales to fold, i have been battling them for ages, and never had any folded scales on anything, ever. If the snake is overweight, then you need to go on a maintenence diet, excercise doesnt work the same way it does for us, and is a pointless suggestion.
did you find out what it was eating? when it was last fed? when it last shed? until you know those details, you cant make any judgment on it at all really, or not accurately anyway.
You need to weigh and measure the snake really, that way you know roughly how much over weight it is for a start.
Do you know for sure if its male of female? that can have an impact on healthy weight, whether if female if it has been in with a male or not.

Go to Top of Page

squiggy88
Snake Mite

40 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  19:14:14  Show Profile
she is deffo female they probed her she was last fed 2 weeks ago she was eating 1 med mouse a week i dont no the last shed date she is 4 and a half long but i actualy have nothing to weigh her with however i did get told off the store she was overweight and to only feed her the one mouse. as for excersise i ment like actual having a big enough enclosure to move about in we have all seen snakes in little tiny display terrariums that are small so because im not sure how long they had her maybe she got fat there or maybe she was in some way left to get fat at her old owners i dont no (as stated i am new to snakes hence why joining forum for help :D)

i am not sure if it has been with a male before but if it has is there anychance her odd looking scales could be battle scars? and are u insinuating she could be possibly baring eggs cos if so i have no idea what to do with a snake thats having babys haha

Amel Corn - Rocky
Ghost Corn - Snowy
GoldDust Corn - Sparkey
Royal Python - Kahn
Chihuahua - Harvey
Jack Russel - Trigger
Springer Spaniel - Kobi
Sports Horse - Barney
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  20:16:07  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address
If you could grab a picture it would help :)

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

squiggy88
Snake Mite

40 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  20:33:31  Show Profile
i dont no how to add pics on ?

Amel Corn - Rocky
Ghost Corn - Snowy
GoldDust Corn - Sparkey
Royal Python - Kahn
Chihuahua - Harvey
Jack Russel - Trigger
Springer Spaniel - Kobi
Sports Horse - Barney
Go to Top of Page

CentricMalteser
Banned

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  20:38:19  Show Profile
apologies also,

squiggy here is a link to a topic ont his forumhow to post your pictures onto here

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14057

hope this helps
Go to Top of Page

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2011 :  14:17:15  Show Profile
quote:
[i]
I cant say, i dont like to brag, but it was fun!! didnt involve food though, which was disapointing

Hah! Mike since when do you host swingers nights??

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

50 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2011 :  23:06:40  Show Profile
Centric, Mike is a decent guy, and he knows what he is talking about where snakes are concerned.

He's the kind of guy I'd share a beer and conversation with at the bar.

Wind your neck in, grow up, and consider departing, because from where I am sat you have nothing to say and you are saying it too loud.

Regards

Tim
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2011 :  23:25:43  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Katie.Dublin

quote:

quote:
[i]Originally posted by TimClynes

Centric, Mike is a decent guy, and he knows what he is talking about where snakes are concerned.

Wind your neck in, grow up, and consider departing, because from where I am sat you have nothing to say and you are saying it too loud.

Regards

Tim

Kehhlyr has mentioned above about keeping on topic.

TimClynes, do not tell people to leave the forum this is not your place and is just argumentative and unecessary.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

50 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2011 :  23:34:37  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by gmac

quote:
Originally posted by Katie.Dublin

quote:

quote:
[i]Originally posted by TimClynes

Regards

Tim

Kehhlyr has mentioned above about keeping on topic.

TimClynes, do not tell people to leave the forum this is not your place and is just argumentative and unecessary.

I'd argue the point that as a forum user I have every right to suggest that that someone who is by choice inflaming a topic should desist.

As for arguement you would appear to be the one inciting, where I, as a forum user, was suggesting that questioning, without precedent, an experienced keeper who takes time to share knowledge, in a disdainful manner, might perhaps deserve rebuke from the folk who come here to learn / educate.

So I'd say you were a little out of line, and to be honest, we have seen enough of despots in the news this week, would you agree?

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2011 :  23:49:37  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by TimClynes

..............I'd argue the point that as a forum user I have every right to suggest that that someone who is by choice inflaming a topic should desist.

As for arguement you would appear to be the one inciting, where I, as a forum user, was suggesting that questioning, without precedent, an experienced keeper who takes time to share knowledge, in a disdainful manner................................

'Consider departing' and requesting to desist in a topic is 2 different things.
Regardless of how high of an opinion you have for MikeRichards, you didn't suggest he leave, when he was as bad.

Requests were made to put this thread back on track, your post (as well as many others after my initial request) were made after that request.

Yet again, keep this thread on track, any posts made that are not on topic will now result in that user getting a warning.
The warning will not be a set amount, it will simply be made to how I feel at the time.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Edited by - Kehhlyr on 26/02/2011 23:51:10
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2011 :  23:52:44  Show Profile
And slow down people, I cant read this thread quick enough. To all newbies that was a rare thing to see on here. I suggest if you wish to argue you open a new arguement thread and continue there. PMSL.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000