Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

drchino
Yearling

United Kingdom
660 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  23:45:39  Show Profile  Visit drchino's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think you can pick them up on ebay second hand...

0.1.0 Izzy - Amber Motley Corn
0.2.0 White rats - Rose and Myra
0.0.1 Crested Gecko - Yoshi
Go to Top of Page

RichyP1987
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2010 :  08:39:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is not as bad as RFUK yet.........but that is like saying being shot in the gonads is better than being hung, drawn and quartered :D

Nothing annoys me more than keyboard warriors who spout 'folklore husbandry' regurgitated by 'someone else' instead of thinking for themselves and attack anyone who behaves differently.

I still think that TCS is the best forum I have found so far.

1.1.0 Cornsnakes (Eric & Uhura)
1.1.0 Irian Jaya Carpet Python (Bebe & Boba)
0.0.1 Columbian Rainbow Boa (Lando)
1.0.0 Apricot Pueblan Milksnake (Geordie)
1.0.0 CB10 Hog Island Boa (Sarlacc)

Wishlist:

Brazilian Rainbow Boa
Jamaican Boa
A gaboon viper mysteriously born without venom glands :D

Many many more!
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2010 :  09:21:29  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
the Admin and Moderating team is here to ensure we don't get like 'the dark side'......

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

FiestaSTLou
Yearling

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2010 :  10:15:35  Show Profile  Visit FiestaSTLou's Homepage  Click to see FiestaSTLou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I like jaffa cakes :D

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2010 :  13:08:59  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by drchino

I think you can pick them up on ebay second hand...

You'd have to wipe it clean before use or the old owner might get a bit miffed. Not sure if Windows can reformat e-penis perfectly. Using someone else built up ego won't get you very far :o

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3

Edited by - Sta~ple on 02/11/2010 13:09:57
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2010 :  19:46:25  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FiestaSTLou

I like jaffa cakes :D

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm jaffa cakes!

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2010 :  20:26:57  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
thats why i never use RFUK...i feel anything i post on there i get the here is a link. or well you should know this response :/ not the friendly comments and feedback on here :) plus the banter is generally better :D

my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......true story.....
1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 sinaloan milk snake
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa
1.0.0 snow corn abomninable
0.1.0 royal python priscilla
http://www.youtube.com/user/stotty01 dads youtube channel

Tail n scales, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4XN, Tel no 01223 893 508 http://www.tails-n-scales.co.uk/

wish list: boa!
Go to Top of Page

FiestaSTLou
Yearling

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2010 :  23:58:20  Show Profile  Visit FiestaSTLou's Homepage  Click to see FiestaSTLou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
someone stole my jaffa cakes! :o

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  01:28:51  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Did someone say Cake???

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  08:55:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm on RFUK, have been for a while now, and I don't think it deserves the bad reputation it has. I don't find it to be that bad at all- sure things get a little heated occasionally, but they do in here too. Only difference is, the mods here jump on things and delete them much quicker. It's actually rammed full of friendly, helpful people.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

FiestaSTLou
Yearling

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  11:33:51  Show Profile  Visit FiestaSTLou's Homepage  Click to see FiestaSTLou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

Did someone say Cake???

maybe.... did u steal my jaffa cakes!

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  13:59:12  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is a shame that arguments are cropping up a lot, but it's all part of becoming busy.

So many members with differing opinions is always going to chance a spark of flamage, but it's the good, calm, sensible members that make a forum great.

Always best to ignore people who are starting fights, then it makes our job a lot easier when there's only one member to warn instead of loads when it's clearly 6 of one and half a dozen of the other.

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  23:41:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

I'm on RFUK, have been for a while now, and I don't think it deserves the bad reputation it has. I don't find it to be that bad at all- sure things get a little heated occasionally, but they do in here too. Only difference is, the mods here jump on things and delete them much quicker. It's actually rammed full of friendly, helpful people.

I have to agree with this, been there for a while now!

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2010 :  07:30:03  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
the dark side is great if you have a reasonable amount of background knowledge and aren't doing anything considered 'wrong', try posting on there that you run a ceramic without a guard...........or co habit your baby burm and your cornsnake...............

Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2010 :  09:23:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to say its not a patch on this forum I signed up about a week after signing up to here and I've made one post and only a couple of comments since!
This is far friendlier,you're not made to feel stupid for asking questions,no matter what they might be which is brill for people like me that are starting out as you learn so much. I'm always on here....sorry!
Lets face it,if you're made to feel daft for not knowing something it can put you off asking,and therefore learning more about the animal you're keeping.

Big thumbs up to TCS

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2010 :  21:13:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

the dark side is great if you have a reasonable amount of background knowledge and aren't doing anything considered 'wrong', try posting on there that you run a ceramic without a guard...........or co habit your baby burm and your cornsnake...............

In fairness though, in those situations its kinda asking for it.

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  04:48:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I leave you lot alone for a few weeks and come back to find chaos !!

Seriously though, I was surprised and saddened to see what has gone on over the last week or so....and I'm aware that there has been a lot that I havent seen as Mods have had to intervene and delete things.

I've been here for over a year now (no matter how hard they try to get rid of me ) and have always enjoyed how friendly it is and how helpful everyone is willing to be. Remember, the 'experts', Mods and Admins dont have to give their time and advice....they do it because they want to and have the same love we all do....corn love !

I just ask that when people post they think about not only who they are responding to, but why they are responding in that way, who else is going to be reading it and, in the long run, does it really make a difference. Also, please be aware that how you type often comes over differently to what you are actually trying to say. Take the time to reread it before you post it and try and imagine it was you that was on the receiving end of it....how would you feel? I know that not only do I have the very big issue of saying too much , but think that I can often come over as patronising....when it is the last thing I want to do.

It is also very easy for it to feel like a personal attack and sometimes may be. Your obvious response is to go on the defensive....but think before you do it. If it is a personal attack then you are actually giving that person exactly what they want....you are letting them get under your skin. In these circumstances it is best to state your facts and then, if the person continues to attack you, say that you have said what you have to say on the matter and will just have to agree to disagree....and walk away.

It is always hard with experienced keepers as, like in many other areas, they do something a certain way that may be different to how others do it and to them it is the right way (maybe the only way depending on their personality). It does make it hard for those of us who arent experienced to know what to believe, especially when you have respected members having such opposing views....but then it is down to us to make up our own minds, rather than have them made up for us.

And, as far as only giving advice if you are experienced, that is not what this forum was set up for....it was set up for everyone to share their love of corn snakes, to offer help, support and advice. I have never lost a snake....so does that mean I should never have done the topic that was then stickied about finding a lost snake? All I did was use the experiences of others on here and elsewhere, as well as common sense, to come up with some suggestions that will hopefully help an owner during such a distressing time. What I have always been careful of doing is saying that I am not an expert or experienced, as I dont want to portray myself as something I'm not.

As far as RFUK is concerned I have never posted there myself but feel that you should be very careful about condemning something without giving it a chance. I have read through a lot of it and it has a wealth of information, as long as you know what you are looking for and can wade through it all....and it also has its fair share of people in desperate need of inflating their e-penis' !!! But, as Sta~ple said near the beginning of this thread, supposedly you are always going to get this sort of thing on forums....can we try and make our forum different, please ?

Please remember that, at the end of the day, you cant change what someone will finally do. You can give them advice and hopefully guide them down the right path, but it is up to them to take it and if they choose not to then that is their right.

I know....I have lectured again....another major fault of mine , but I love this forum and hate the thought of people turning away from it when they need help because of what they are finding. Hopefully, as GP has said, 'normal service has been resumed '.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  08:23:45  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
nice to see you back again Ju

Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  17:59:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
nice to see you back again Ju

Big ditto.

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page

mikeyd_26
Yearling

United Kingdom
716 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2010 :  01:38:10  Show Profile  Click to see mikeyd_26's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
really wots up with peeps?
that time of year or sumthing? wots wrong with a gud old (friendly) debate?
wots happened to the humerous (spelling?) banter?
which brings me 2 my next question weres BATS? cum on i know u were thinking it too!!!

0.1.0 amel - TaLuLa
0.1.0 anery motley het amel, hypo - Bo
1.0.0 vanishing stripe unknown - Marley
1.0.0 hogg island boa - Iggy
0.1.0 hogg island boa - Luna
0.1.0 royal python - Buttons!
1.0.0 royal python 66% het albino - Steve
0.1.0 leopard gecko - Sheila
millions of beardies!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page