Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2010 :  16:57:47  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey anyone with hard water should be really grateful! The compounds that are disolved in it means you are less likely to get heart disease. As for your snake chlorine is safe in the quantities used in tap water and the fluorine is totally harmless, if anything its helpful. Its very good for teeth! All the other things found in water are to such a minority that it is harmless but "black bits" the like muddy grains that comes out in water filters doesnt make any difference to the water and its not dirty. Its definitely safe. The only good done in boiling water is killing bacteria as you all probably know so tap water I imagine is fine, its the same as bottled water apart from bottled water has more preservants because it isnt flowing and is store for longer amounts of time, the only good thing about bottled water is extra minerals which might not even benefit little snakey. :)
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

miss_mystra
Hatchling

United Kingdom
127 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2010 :  17:00:29  Show Profile  Visit miss_mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the black bits would be fine if it wasn't for the fact our water just tastes minging lol normally i prefer the old council pop to anything but since i've moved to London it's foul lol..plus our plumbings sopoopin the summer it takes 20 mins of the tap on full for anything colder than lukewarm to come out to drink lol :P yummy!

0.0.2 Corn Snakes - Betty (Anery) and Sanchez (Carolina)
1.0.0 - Royal Python - Chancho
Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2010 :  17:13:11  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think water is water to a snake, whether it tastespoopor not! :P
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

ryanred5
Hatchling

United Kingdom
254 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2010 :  20:10:59  Show Profile  Visit ryanred5's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have a HMA unit (very similar to a RO unit) which we use for water changes in the fish tanks. The unit basically removes heavy metals out of the water and filters it, however its not quite as pure as RO water.

The HMA water is nice to drink in winter when the water coming in is cold, it tastes so clean and makes a lovely cup of
tea.

I would use that water for the snakes but the unit is downstairs and the snakes are upstairs, so I'm afraid they just get water from the tap.

Best wishes

Catherine xx

0.1 Bloodred Cornsnake - Phoenix
1.0 Amel Cornsnake - Tango
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2010 :  23:59:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Water from the tap is fine, its perfectly safe for the snake, its perfectly safe for us, with exception of a major contamination all the water supplied through the water mains is drinkable, and clean.
Whoever says tap water is bad for the snakes is talking complete rubbish, for a start they drink far worse in the wild, and can cope with more than we could ever do.
people who give the snake bottled water are just spending money they dont need to spend.

Go to Top of Page

Dr Lupus
Egg

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2011 :  23:43:38  Show Profile  Visit Dr Lupus's Homepage  Click to see Dr Lupus's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I give Lu bottled water - but he has Buxton water which come naturally from up the road lol - so it's similar to what he was having b4 but without as many human chemicals :)

2.0.0 Carolina Corn Snake (Lucius & Draco)
1.0.0 Caramel Ghost Corn Snake (Snake)
0.1.0 Snow Tessera Corn Snake (Ferguson)
1.0.0 California King Snake (Riddle)
0.2.0 Ferrets (Lisbeth & Bane)
0.1.0 Cat (Hannah)
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2011 :  00:20:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Water is water. Infinitely small quantities of stuff in water makes no difference to anything. It is only clever advertisers and dumb consumers that believe that bottled water provides anything other than hydration, in the same way tap water is perfectly safe, free from anything that can harm anything and provides, you guessed it, hydration. If you want to give bottled water, go for it, I'd rather spend my money on better things but each to their own, I personally give tap water, I drink it myself too, and my fish live in it, my dog wont drink anything else, my plants love the stuff too.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

catwig
Egg

United Kingdom
63 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2011 :  00:33:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use tap water. I asked ppl where i got my snakes from what water they where drinking
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2011 :  01:00:45  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
All of mine get tap water, and the tap water at my mums isn't great.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2011 :  02:52:01  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

Clorine I would guess is fine for snakes, mine don't look any worse for it. We use it for our cats, chickens and dig and they are fine. If people can drink it, I don't see why animals can't. If it's something that lives in water that's generally when the chlorine is a no-no. I don't know if you know this but there was a study done against tap water and bottled water, although this was done on the US that was surprising. T I have no idea how the water difference in the UK is but watch this video on this page, it's interesting. You could be buying bottled water that is exactly the same as tap water.

http://travelogue.travelvice.com/turkey/bottled-water-is-bull****/

Peckham Spring?

quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

Water is water. Infinitely small quantities of stuff in water makes no difference to anything. It is only clever advertisers and dumb consumers that believe that bottled water provides anything other than hydration, in the same way tap water is perfectly safe, free from anything that can harm anything and provides, you guessed it, hydration. If you want to give bottled water, go for it, I'd rather spend my money on better things but each to their own, I personally give tap water, I drink it myself too, and my fish live in it, my dog wont drink anything else, my plants love the stuff too.

I have to agree with this.

...apart from the plant bit, I have a habit of (unintentionally) killing plants :D

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000