Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2008 :  13:10:26  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Could you ask the place you got it from about the shedding?

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2008 :  21:38:25  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
try a damp hide box if its having trouble

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

5 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2008 :  02:26:36  Show Profile
hi,

Well I managed a first feed, it was scary the first time but it went well, I was a bit unsure what to do but I decided to feed her in the viv, that might change as I have bought a feeding tub but this time I did it in the viv. I held the pinky with some small tongs I had in front of her and she struck a few times with out grabbing onto it with any force, the last time she went for it I dropped the pinky in the viv(not on purpose), she immeditely started moving herself around to swallow, I read somewhere its best to do it head first, she took it tail first, will this be OK, she has not brought it back up ( i think ) and its been over 24 hours.

I have been told on other forums that she seems contented because she sleeps all day and starts being active at night, still a bit shy of any movement towards the viv but I am sure that will get better. I was a little bit worried that mine was sleeping when a friend of my daughters bought a corn 1 day before me and hers is always out, day and night.

g
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2008 :  06:37:04  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Well done mate, sounds like a very happy little snake. With a pinky there's very little difference between the head end and the tail end anyway :)

However, if you wanted to help her find the head end you could heat the head to a warmer temperature as they use heat to sense prey.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000