Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2008 :  18:32:26  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
The link to the Pic seems to be deleted.

Personally I'd say twice weekly was a bit much, once every 5 to 7 days is normal for youngsters.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2008 :  20:30:19  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address
Actaully, gatecrashing, shoudl I incrase Tartan's food size? I've heard people say a foodabout 1.5x the girth, and tartan is about 3 inches circumferance.
Should I be feeding her something biggger?

Ooooh that reminds me *runs off to defrost mice* ^_^

~~ My Zoo ~~
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - Cooper
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.1.0 Normal Leopard Gecko - Layla
1.1.0 Cats - Zelda the Maine Coon & Link the Ragdoll X Tabby
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids
0.0.20 Community fish tank

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2008 :  22:47:03  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Maximum of 1.5 x girth. Don't know what's optimum for Milks.

Go to Top of Page

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2008 :  23:11:53  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address
I should probably find a Milk Snake forum too eh? I won't leave you guys here, I'd miss you! :D

~~ My Zoo ~~
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2008 :  23:33:59  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Get Lewy to start one when the Royal Python one's done

Go to Top of Page

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2008 :  23:34:39  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address
oooh good idea. who else on this site has milk snakes though? they dont seem to be half as popular as corns.

~~ My Zoo ~~
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2008 :  21:06:48  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Seemed to work a treat, I wonder what else he'll do that we ask?

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2008 :  23:50:24  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
Sometimes corns surprise you with what they can eat. I defrosted Peachy a large fuzzie and a small mouse as I thought he was acting hungry last time he just had the mouse. He ate the fuzzie and the mouse...... AND the fuzzie Petal didn't want...... AND the regular mouse that Birch didn't want. He's a proper little dustbin!!!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2008 :  08:56:37  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
mine are a greedy bunch too

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

Mancunian
Hatchling

United Kingdom
384 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2008 :  11:14:58  Show Profile
Will they not eat more than they actually need though, if they can? This can lead on to obesity. I was reading on another reptile site how one experienced snake breeder said that 8/10 Corns he saw these days were obese and that Corns were supposed to be slender snakes with a flat underside and not round and sausage like! Obesity in snakes can result in fatty livers and other health problems, just as in humans (says me tucking in to a bacon sarnie...mmmmmm, bacon).

I am not suggesting Birch is a fatty though!!

0.1.1 Corn Snakes (Elaphe guttata) CB07 Jasper (Amelanastic) CB07 Chicomecoatl (Anerythristic Aztec)
1.0.0 Royal Python (Python regius) CB07 Tibo (Normal)
1.1.0 California Kingsnakes (Lampropeltis getula californiae) CB05 Luka (B&W Banded) CB06 Lucien (Albino Banded)

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2008 :  14:04:19  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
I don't usually feed mine that much, and I don't usually use Peachy as a dustbin! Rather than re-freezing the mice I was curious as to how muchy he would eat given the opportunity. As a result of eating 2 fuzzies, a small mouse and a regular mouse I'll stretch his next normal size feed to 10-12 days.
Birsh IS usually my dustbin but she turned her nose up at the second one I offered, she's seemed a bit 'off' lately and I was hoping it was because she was going to drop a second clutch but no luck so far......

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2008 :  14:06:04  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
however the adult amel I recently bought IS definitely obese, he's round and squishy all over. the previous owner fed him 4 regular mice every 14 days. now he's on a diet of 1 mouse a week and an exercise regime including jogging up stairs (lol) and swimming!

Go to Top of Page

Mancunian
Hatchling

United Kingdom
384 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2008 :  14:38:54  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

however the adult amel I recently bought IS definitely obese, he's round and squishy all over. the previous owner fed him 4 regular mice every 14 days. now he's on a diet of 1 mouse a week and an exercise regime including jogging up stairs (lol) and swimming!

Is he entering the triathlon?

0.1.1 Corn Snakes (Elaphe guttata) CB07 Jasper (Amelanastic) CB07 Chicomecoatl (Anerythristic Aztec)
1.0.0 Royal Python (Python regius) CB07 Tibo (Normal)
1.1.0 California Kingsnakes (Lampropeltis getula californiae) CB05 Luka (B&W Banded) CB06 Lucien (Albino Banded)

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2008 :  14:43:12  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
bless his chubby cheeks, he has a dimple going all the way down his spine he's so fat! might see if I can get him on a bike to do all three events

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000