Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

16 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2008 :  08:57:54  Show Profile
Hi, got my 1st corn on monday just wondering if there is anything i should do before handling her like anyway in particular thats best to pick her up was told to leave her til after her 1st feed which is due tomorrow then should be able to get her out on sunday :)

n/a
deleted

236 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2008 :  12:14:44  Show Profile
Congrats on getting your 1st corn Just make sure you wash your hands before handling and then slowly but confidently put your hand in and scoop her up. Try not to be hesitant as she'll sense that and will be more likely to react. Good luck and let us know how it went.

4.2.0 dogs
1.1.0 cats
25.8.34 bettas
2.2.0 corn
1.1.0 brb
1.0.0 teenager
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

16 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2008 :  12:25:59  Show Profile
was thinking of maybe trying to get her out tonight or should i leave her and feed her 1st? i love the colour or your snake pecan by the way already thinking of getting another and in that colour never seen if before!
Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2008 :  15:07:48  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
leave her a day or two,then feed and handle her 2 days after that

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2008 :  16:47:25  Show Profile
Yeah allow the snake to rest after it's journey & moving house. It needs to get used to it's surroundings. This will reduce stress & help the snake to settle in.
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2008 :  16:52:15  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
I know its hard to leave her alone, but the best for all concerned is as you were originally advised, let her settle in, feed and then digest. Then get her out and as above, try to be confident.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

16 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2008 :  22:07:53  Show Profile
yeah i know im dyin to get her out! but i will leaver her then shell have plenty time to settle on nearly a week itll be :-)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

16 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2008 :  15:30:17  Show Profile
I got her out for the 1st time last night she was quite jumpy but seemed ok will keep gettin her out so she can get used to it, although when i put her back in i thought she had managed to escape wasnt until i lifted a new rock thingy i put in it is hollow inside she has managed to crawl up inside it hope she isnt stuck was still there this morning although she is not curled in the bottom spread right round it going to take it out wen she comes out dont like the thought of her bein stuck !
Go to Top of Page

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2008 :  15:44:13  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address
dw about her getting stuck. a stuck snake isn't something that happens very easily :D
that rock hide sounds like mine, dw, if she looks stuck she's probably jsut expanding to fit it cause it makes them feel secure.
they need a place to hide anyway because otehrwise thye become stressed which can cause to illness.

congrats on the buy! would love you see some pics :D

~~ My Zoo ~~
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - Cooper
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.1.0 Normal Leopard Gecko - Layla
1.1.0 Cats - Zelda the Maine Coon & Link the Ragdoll X Tabby
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids
0.0.20 Community fish tank

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2008 :  16:42:31  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
As Punk says, she's not stuck, she's just secure and probably very happy in there.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

16 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2008 :  22:31:06  Show Profile
yeah she is very happy in there she has been pokin her head out every now and again! just came out to have a sniff of the new plant i put in and scooted away back in! only think is i cant get her out if i want! it is completely hollow inside though u can see right round it! i was goin to get some pics tonight but she never came out will hopefully get some over this week if my pal comes up with her camera!
Go to Top of Page

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2008 :  22:39:47  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address
Dw she'll do that. I've noticed Tartan will spend the best part of the day in her hide and i won't see her at all, then she'll venture out when the light starts dropping and i only have my small desk light on, and she lies against the glasses all stretched out :)
dw about not being able to get her out, jsut be confident, lit the hide up and scopp her up gently but firmly.

dont go in from behin her though, she'll freak :P

~~ My Zoo ~~
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2008 :  22:48:39  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
I wouldn't suggest going for the head though.

Go to Top of Page

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2008 :  23:10:47  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address
yeh, go from the side... LIKE HORSES!

cept... snakes dont have four legs, fur, a mane and i'm pretty sure they don't whinney!

~~ My Zoo ~~
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

6 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2008 :  17:51:00  Show Profile
Hi just brought my first corn today its three years old and it was due for a mouse today so i gave it one. when should i next give him one? ive been told just one a week.

RikkiBates
Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2008 :  18:12:36  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
hi there, hatchlings i normally feed every 5 days, what morph you got

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

6 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2008 :  18:18:39  Show Profile
thanks. not sure what you mean by morph but im guessing you mean the snake, its orange and white and about 3ft long, and three years old.

RikkiBates
Go to Top of Page

dazb
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2008 :  19:35:12  Show Profile
feed it about once every 5-7 days and it should be fine.

the morpgh is like wot type is it. you get lots and lots wiyh corns. from ghosts, lavenders,anery, normals etc.

post a couple of pics and we shall assist in telling you.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

6 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2008 :  23:01:01  Show Profile
thanks m8 il send some pics through.

RikkiBates
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

6 Posts

Posted - 24/07/2008 :  23:06:26  Show Profile
iv emailed a pic to you m8 if you could tell me what morph it is that would be great.

RikkiBates
Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2008 :  19:42:05  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
that size should take large mice every 7 days

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page