Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

n/a
deleted

124 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2008 :  22:12:11  Show Profile
5 Fuzzies!?!?! wouldnt it be better to feed 1 or 2 crawlers or 1 small mouse??? To be honest i dont see much differance in size between a fuzzie and a crawler the only main difference i see is that a crawler has more hair!! when i bought Kirk they said as the snake grows you increase the size of a mouse, you start with a pinkie then move to fuzzies then crawlers then small mice then adult mice is this right???

1.0.0 Corn (Kirk)

Go to Top of Page

ari
Hatchling

United Kingdom
213 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  15:43:16  Show Profile  Visit ari's Homepage
yeh it was a little weird to be honest. Mystery seems alot more content though. Hes not getting fat, but growing well. Will try reduce him down to three a week. His head is a little too small for fuzzies me thinks.
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  17:52:10  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
You'd be surprised!

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  18:32:12  Show Profile
don't go by the head size, it's the body size. the jaw will stretch like it's designed to do lol.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

124 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2008 :  21:40:54  Show Profile
ARI dont forget a snake can dislocate its jaw and has lots of loose skin tucked under is chin i was told to go buy body size, give the snake a mouse just abit bigger than the thickest part of its body!!

1.0.0 Corn (Kirk)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

124 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2008 :  21:46:30  Show Profile
One thing i did forget to say was that i decided to take Kirk out of his viv to feed him yesterday and i used his smaller viv that i originally bought when i got him, well all went well and he took the 3 crawlers like he was supposed to when i went in to lift him out to put him in his normal viv for the first time since i got him he bit me!! right on my first finger!! the sod!! he never did that before!! he always just tries to hide or get away

1.0.0 Corn (Kirk)

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2008 :  22:40:03  Show Profile
I dont handle mine to put her back, i can tell she will bite me so i have a coat hanger handy! :P

Go to Top of Page

dazb
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2008 :  10:11:38  Show Profile
my local shop is encouraging me not to over feed. told them the size of chester and my thoughts that i was under feeding him and they said i wasnt and that some people power feed their snakes to achieve breeding size quicker. however this is really bad cos it will cause health problems cos of under developed internal organs and reduce its life span. they advised me to carry on and be patient. snakes can last a long time without food in the wild, so 3-5 fuzzys aweek is a little much i personally think.
as for food looking to big im thinking that also, head looks tiny compared to the fuzzys i have just got.
wot will happen if the food is to big????

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2008 :  10:30:43  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Don't worry about the hard, the jaw is designed to dislocate and can stretch, go by body size. If the snake thinks the food is too big they won't eat it.

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2008 :  21:42:41  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
I fed Birch an rather large mouse fairly recently, watching her eat it as it got to her neck the skin between the scales looked VERY stretched and pink (bearing in mind she's an Anery) so I've gone back to feeding her 2-3 regular mice now.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2008 :  21:53:41  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
When I said 'hard' obviously I meant head ;)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2008 :  17:39:17  Show Profile
Ari can you post a pic of mystery next to a fuzzy (or pinky) ?

Just to compare the size of the mouse to the snake.
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2008 :  18:40:22  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Or a pencil or basically anything that we know the size of!

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2008 :  21:41:16  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Well Wiggle has just eaten her first 'Small Mouse', no more multiple fuzzies for her :)

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2008 :  22:15:42  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
Cool BE, Peachy's had a 'small mice' 2 weeks in a row now too, it's SOOO much easier than 3 fuzzies!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Edited by - gingerpony on 20/07/2008 22:26:55
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2008 :  22:23:58  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Aye, and amazing to watch my poor little girl open her mouth so wide :)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2008 :  09:17:27  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by moneymaker

Ari can you post a pic of mystery next to a fuzzy (or pinky) ?

Just to compare the size of the mouse to the snake.

I think Ari is ignoring us lol
Go to Top of Page

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2008 :  15:50:26  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address
My Milk Snake is Aug 04 (i think :S) and is one 3 - 4 medium mice a week. 4.5 ft so far :D
I need to et her a bigger viv soon, her current viv is 3 x 1.2 x 2, deffo not big enough for her. it's ok though, gonna fill that one with my Beardie! :D

would a 4 x 2 x 2 be big enough for her?

~~ My Zoo ~~
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - Cooper
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.1.0 Normal Leopard Gecko - Layla
1.1.0 Cats - Zelda the Maine Coon & Link the Ragdoll X Tabby
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids
0.0.20 Community fish tank

Edited by - PunkAsF82 on 22/07/2008 15:52:00
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2008 :  16:43:44  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Your viv sounds about the right size for the snake.

Go to Top of Page

likkibunni
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
17 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2008 :  18:24:15  Show Profile
Sorry but im going to gatecrash this discussion as i dont want to post another topic on the same thing but i dont know if im feeding correctly.

I was told by the shop i got slim from to feed him twice a week so i feed him on friday and tuesday but adjust the days depending on the size of pinki. Is this ok? he seems happy after feeding and doesnt seem to hunt for food, once he goes back into the viv he doesnt move around much but then i never see him moving around alot anyway.

Also the pinkies i buy from the shop really vary in size, here is a photo to show some of the pinkies that come from there. The big ones dont really seem like pinkies they are so huge.I havent fed any this size to him yet.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000