Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2008 :  08:24:18  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Mine loves being handled, if you put your hand in the viv he'll just come and curl round it, however, he can be a pain with his eating.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2008 :  08:24:18  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Mine loves being handled, if you put your hand in the viv he'll just come and curl round it, however, he can be a pain with his eating.

Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2008 :  13:06:27  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
royals are placid, and dont need as much electric than lizards etc

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

saddleninja
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1400 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2008 :  13:06:27  Show Profile  Click to see saddleninja's MSN Messenger address  Send saddleninja a Yahoo! Message
royals are placid, and dont need as much electric than lizards etc

1 amel
1 okeette
2 normals
1 rosy rat x
3 royals

1 cali king
1 publean milk
1 yemen chameleon
2 orange spotted agamas
1 colombian rainbow boa
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2008 :  13:17:02  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Posted some more pics in the Off Corn photo thread, just to help ;)

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2008 :  13:17:02  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Posted some more pics in the Off Corn photo thread, just to help ;)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2008 :  14:39:06  Show Profile
Leos need the same as corns just a little hotter, but 7w of electric 12 hours a day aint gonna cost much lol.

no UVB, not even a strip light of any kind needed. Just a small 6 x 11 heat mat (with a stat).
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2008 :  14:39:06  Show Profile
Leos need the same as corns just a little hotter, but 7w of electric 12 hours a day aint gonna cost much lol.

no UVB, not even a strip light of any kind needed. Just a small 6 x 11 heat mat (with a stat).
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2008 :  19:23:32  Show Profile
Blimy i cant decide...In the future when i have my own place would like to breed reps (not for money just for my own pleasure). What is the eaisest out of the two to breed (and maybe more enjoyable). Also a few corn breeding questions:

1. Whats the maximum age a female corn can breed?
2. Whats the time between mating -?- Laying -?- hatching?

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2008 :  19:23:32  Show Profile
Blimy i cant decide...In the future when i have my own place would like to breed reps (not for money just for my own pleasure). What is the eaisest out of the two to breed (and maybe more enjoyable). Also a few corn breeding questions:

1. Whats the maximum age a female corn can breed?
2. Whats the time between mating -?- Laying -?- hatching?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2008 :  19:51:44  Show Profile
Leos !

2 corns mate at the start of April.
The eggs should be laid roughly from mid May.
The eggs need incubating for 8-12 weeks depending on the temp.
All eggs should hatch within 48 hours. The hatchling can be left up to 2 days in the incubator to absorb the rest of their yolk sack & to make sure it doesn't dry out (the incubator is humid still).

If you notice the female laying small clutches, not regaining weight quickly or having trouble laying then it's probably time to stop breeding her. As for age no exact age really. 8-10 years is sort of the beginning of old age, although they can live up to 15 to 20 years.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2008 :  19:51:44  Show Profile
Leos !

2 corns mate at the start of April.
The eggs should be laid roughly from mid May.
The eggs need incubating for 8-12 weeks depending on the temp.
All eggs should hatch within 48 hours. The hatchling can be left up to 2 days in the incubator to absorb the rest of their yolk sack & to make sure it doesn't dry out (the incubator is humid still).

If you notice the female laying small clutches, not regaining weight quickly or having trouble laying then it's probably time to stop breeding her. As for age no exact age really. 8-10 years is sort of the beginning of old age, although they can live up to 15 to 20 years.
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2008 :  19:57:34  Show Profile
Thanks for the info. I will look at this page alot before i remember it! I wouldnt breed the corn i have now. Shes 13 and has never layed so it doesnt sound like i good idea to me.

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2008 :  19:57:34  Show Profile
Thanks for the info. I will look at this page alot before i remember it! I wouldnt breed the corn i have now. Shes 13 and has never layed so it doesnt sound like i good idea to me.

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2008 :  20:05:06  Show Profile
I HAVE DECIDED! Its a royal :P. Im liking bigger reps atm and have started building a 4ftx2ftx18" viv today (only marking out). I will get pics as i do it. The only problem is im going away for two weeks roughly near 27th july (dont we need permission to leave the forum for a bit?!), so i will have to get the snake after that. I need to read up on them a bit more too.

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2008 :  20:05:06  Show Profile
I HAVE DECIDED! Its a royal :P. Im liking bigger reps atm and have started building a 4ftx2ftx18" viv today (only marking out). I will get pics as i do it. The only problem is im going away for two weeks roughly near 27th july (dont we need permission to leave the forum for a bit?!), so i will have to get the snake after that. I need to read up on them a bit more too.

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2008 :  21:03:30  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Just make sure you get one with a good feeding record! - Then they are great, friendly snakes.

:)

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2008 :  21:03:30  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message
Just make sure you get one with a good feeding record! - Then they are great, friendly snakes.

:)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2008 :  21:46:10  Show Profile
You'll enjoy building your own viv as it can be satisfying knowing you built your reptiles home.

Good luck with your Royal if you do get one they are great snakes to add to a collection.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

891 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2008 :  21:46:10  Show Profile
You'll enjoy building your own viv as it can be satisfying knowing you built your reptiles home.

Good luck with your Royal if you do get one they are great snakes to add to a collection.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000