Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2008 :  18:32:56  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
I was wondering if anyone might want a poly box.
As anyone that breeds or has an un-expected pregnancy knows, these are brilliant as incubators.
I've found someone who can get them for me on a (hopefully) regular ish basis.
I checked to see what the postage is on them, it's just shy of 2 quid UK mainland.
If anyone wants, just message me and i'll get back to you.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2008 :  18:49:37  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
For some reason, i can't edit my post, so i'll reply.

I should of said, because of the fact that it's so cheap to post, and I get the things for free at the moment, i will send these at my own cost.
So if you want one, send me message/email first and we'll then sort out how/when to post.
They WILL be free, unless you decide you want 10 or something, then we'll sort stuff out.
They are quite large ones, approx 18 inch long, by 12 high, 12 wide.
I'll get proper measurements, including internal, when i can find my tape measure.

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2008 :  18:49:37  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
For some reason, i can't edit my post, so i'll reply.

I should of said, because of the fact that it's so cheap to post, and I get the things for free at the moment, i will send these at my own cost.
So if you want one, send me message/email first and we'll then sort out how/when to post.
They WILL be free, unless you decide you want 10 or something, then we'll sort stuff out.
They are quite large ones, approx 18 inch long, by 12 high, 12 wide.
I'll get proper measurements, including internal, when i can find my tape measure.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

526 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  09:38:28  Show Profile
Would they be useful for a temp viv while i clean Maurice's cage? I need something to put him in, at the mo i use a shoe box with hole punched in
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

526 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  09:38:28  Show Profile
Would they be useful for a temp viv while i clean Maurice's cage? I need something to put him in, at the mo i use a shoe box with hole punched in
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  15:43:04  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Depends on how long for?
Because they are poly, they hold heat/cold for longer than the average box and because of this, they are fairly airtight as well.
You'd end up having to put air holes in, and then it wouldn't hold the heat for as long, defeating the purpose of having an insulated box.
Mine have their own cushions, and when it's clean out time i sit on the cushion for a bit, then put it in their 'RUB' and they then go in there, just sitting on the cushion adds a bit of nice 'bum-warmth' to it for them.
When i do a COMPLETE clean out, i do it at feeding times, then they are all in their feeding boxes and i can do it while they eat and settle afterwards.
That means that during the week all i have to do is basic poop-scooping.

Edited by - Kehhlyr on 06/05/2008 15:46:51
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  15:43:04  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Depends on how long for?
Because they are poly, they hold heat/cold for longer than the average box and because of this, they are fairly airtight as well.
You'd end up having to put air holes in, and then it wouldn't hold the heat for as long, defeating the purpose of having an insulated box.
Mine have their own cushions, and when it's clean out time i sit on the cushion for a bit, then put it in their 'RUB' and they then go in there, just sitting on the cushion adds a bit of nice 'bum-warmth' to it for them.
When i do a COMPLETE clean out, i do it at feeding times, then they are all in their feeding boxes and i can do it while they eat and settle afterwards.
That means that during the week all i have to do is basic poop-scooping.

Edited by - Kehhlyr on 06/05/2008 15:46:51
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

526 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  17:42:38  Show Profile
It would only be for about 5 mins...
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

526 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  17:42:38  Show Profile
It would only be for about 5 mins...
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2008 :  17:59:28  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
I'll give him a buzz in the morning, and go and get one, when i have it, i'll let you know.

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2008 :  17:59:28  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
I'll give him a buzz in the morning, and go and get one, when i have it, i'll let you know.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

81 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2008 :  16:26:20  Show Profile
how much for i might be intrested
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

81 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2008 :  16:26:20  Show Profile
how much for i might be intrested
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2008 :  17:50:12  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
I'm glad that you added to this 'Demon', I had completely forgotten.
Jac_mac, I do apologise.
I've just set a reminder on my phone to call him up and see if he's got any tomorrow.
I will DEFINATELY remember this time now.

Demon, at the moment, I can get them free, they range in size from 12 inch square, up to 3 foot square, but the postage for them is only a couple of quid, so as long as they're free, then they're free.

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2008 :  17:50:12  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Jac_mac, I do apologise.
I've just set a reminder on my phone to call him up and see if he's got any tomorrow.

Demon, at the moment, I can get them free, they range in size from 12 inch square, up to 3 foot square, but the postage for them is only a couple of quid, so as long as they're free, then they're free.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

236 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2008 :  18:43:44  Show Profile
Are you taking orders?????

4.2.0 dogs
1.1.0 cats
25.8.34 bettas
2.2.0 corn
1.1.0 brb
1.0.0 teenager
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

236 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2008 :  18:43:44  Show Profile
Are you taking orders?????

4.2.0 dogs
1.1.0 cats
25.8.34 bettas
2.2.0 corn
1.1.0 brb
1.0.0 teenager
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

526 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2008 :  20:43:50  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

Jac_mac, I do apologise.

No prob...ty for supling them
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

526 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2008 :  20:43:50  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

Jac_mac, I do apologise.

No prob...ty for supling them
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2008 :  23:22:54  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
He's getting another delivery on Monday, so I should be able to get poly boxes on monday evening.
He doesn't know what size they are yet, but they're normally quite big.

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2008 :  23:22:54  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
He's getting another delivery on Monday, so I should be able to get poly boxes on monday evening.
He doesn't know what size they are yet, but they're normally quite big.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000