Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

n/a
deleted

481 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2008 :  22:45:36  Show Profile
Hi, i'd be interested in one of the poly box's if they are still available. Please let me know. Thanx :)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

481 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2008 :  22:45:36  Show Profile
Hi, i'd be interested in one of the poly box's if they are still available. Please let me know. Thanx :)
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2008 :  00:31:57  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
I still bloody forgot again.
I'll have to get someone to remind me. Sorry Jac, you've been waiting for about a year(slight exaggeration), i will do something to remind me.

Quick edit, I am still remembering.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Edited by - Kehhlyr on 02/06/2008 09:38:09
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2008 :  00:31:57  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
I still bloody forgot again.
I'll have to get someone to remind me. Sorry Jac, you've been waiting for about a year(slight exaggeration), i will do something to remind me.

Quick edit, I am still remembering.

Edited by - Kehhlyr on 02/06/2008 09:38:09
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

526 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2008 :  14:29:59  Show Profile
Lol, sorry to let ya down but i dont need one anymore =S

Thanks anyway!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

526 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2008 :  14:29:59  Show Profile
Lol, sorry to let ya down but i dont need one anymore =S

Thanks anyway!
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2008 :  19:12:37  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
No worries Jac, after all you've been waiting for ages.
I've got 2 in my car at the moment, I'll get measurements later, these ones aren't that big though.
I may be able to pick about 15 up on wednesday as well, I'll get measure ments up for them as well.
When i stick measurements up, if they're any good to anyone, let me know.
I've seen some rep places sell these for 15 quid!!

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2008 :  19:12:37  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
No worries Jac, after all you've been waiting for ages.
I've got 2 in my car at the moment, I'll get measurements later, these ones aren't that big though.
I may be able to pick about 15 up on wednesday as well, I'll get measure ments up for them as well.
When i stick measurements up, if they're any good to anyone, let me know.
I've seen some rep places sell these for 15 quid!!

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  11:49:43  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
OK, I missed the big delivery of Poly boxes, and ended up catching the tail end of 20 being crushed, i managed to save 1 this week, so I have 3 at the moment, 2 small ones, and 1 large.
The measurements are:
small:- EXTERNAL - 18 inch long x 12 wide x 8 deep, INTERNAL - 17x10x6
large:- EXTERNAL - 18 inch long x 14 wide x 14 deep, INTERNAL - 16x12x12

I've been told that until someone notices, i can have these for free, most of the time they are of the larger size.

It'll be tues or wednesday and i can pick up more if necessary, just let me know if these are wanted by anyone at the moment, and I'll start sorting them out.
Obviously unless no-one else wants them then I'd like to say 1 at a time, just to keep things fair.

The first small one has a damaged corner to the lid, but is still functioning and will work as it should, you'll see in the photos.

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  11:49:43  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
OK, I missed the big delivery of Poly boxes, and ended up catching the tail end of 20 being crushed, i managed to save 1 this week, so I have 3 at the moment, 2 small ones, and 1 large.
The measurements are:
small:- EXTERNAL - 18 inch long x 12 wide x 8 deep, INTERNAL - 17x10x6
large:- EXTERNAL - 18 inch long x 14 wide x 14 deep, INTERNAL - 16x12x12

I've been told that until someone notices, i can have these for free, most of the time they are of the larger size.

It'll be tues or wednesday and i can pick up more if necessary, just let me know if these are wanted by anyone at the moment, and I'll start sorting them out.
Obviously unless no-one else wants them then I'd like to say 1 at a time, just to keep things fair.

The first small one has a damaged corner to the lid, but is still functioning and will work as it should, you'll see in the photos.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

526 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  13:00:38  Show Profile
Wait, does poly stand for polystyrene? OHHH! Lol it all makes sence now
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

526 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  13:00:38  Show Profile
Wait, does poly stand for polystyrene? OHHH! Lol it all makes sence now
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  17:37:19  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
You got it, Poly(styrene) boxes are really good for incubation and/or transportation in some cases as they keep heat in well.

These ones were actually used for transporting live fish, so they should be water tight as well.

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  17:37:19  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
You got it, Poly(styrene) boxes are really good for incubation and/or transportation in some cases as they keep heat in well.

These ones were actually used for transporting live fish, so they should be water tight as well.

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  18:02:13  Show Profile
So you wernt giving away parrots in boxes!?

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  18:02:13  Show Profile
So you wernt giving away parrots in boxes!?

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  15:59:24  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
nope, they were called 'poly' as a short name for 'polygon' meaning: A plane figure having many angles, and consequently many sides especially, one whose perimeter consists of more than four sides.

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  15:59:24  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
nope, they were called 'poly' as a short name for 'polygon' meaning: A plane figure having many angles, and consequently many sides especially, one whose perimeter consists of more than four sides.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

526 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  20:56:18  Show Profile
How sturdy are they out of curiosity?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

526 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  20:56:18  Show Profile