Hi ^^''
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tehbunneh
Hatchling

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2010 :  18:33:26  Show Profile  Visit tehbunneh's Homepage  Send tehbunneh an AOL message  Click to see tehbunneh's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi!

I'm Bunneh, also known as Emz. I'm really knew to corn snake ownership, and I thought that this place was so helpful, I'd join the forums to see if I could get more help and advice, and get to know other owners.

Thanks!

EMZ - WORCESTER, UK

3.2.0 Corn Snakes
Conan (CB09 Carolina); Ripley (CB09 Ghost); Widget (CB09 Hypo Pewter); Dexter (CB10 Granite); Boa'tata (CB10 Bloodred)
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty
Taiki (CB11)
1.0.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake
Tanis (CB10)
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
Winston (CB??)

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2010 :  18:40:10  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome to the forum..!
It's definetely a plus coming here!
Pics would be appreciated..!
Go to Top of Page

tehbunneh
Hatchling

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2010 :  18:51:56  Show Profile  Visit tehbunneh's Homepage  Send tehbunneh an AOL message  Click to see tehbunneh's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sure thing ^^ I got my first glimpses of this guy over the last week (he is at my Surrey home at the moment, which is kinda explained in my post in the 'General Keeping' forum). I shall grab the image right away! Someone may be able to identify what type of corny he is ^^

EMZ - WORCESTER, UK

3.2.0 Corn Snakes
Conan (CB09 Carolina); Ripley (CB09 Ghost); Widget (CB09 Hypo Pewter); Dexter (CB10 Granite); Boa'tata (CB10 Bloodred)
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty
Taiki (CB11)
Tanis (CB10)
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
Winston (CB??)
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2010 :  19:13:17  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi
Welcome to the forum. Glad you joined us. This is the place for all things snake!!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2010 :  22:04:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello and welcome to you and your snakey, Emz
Go to Top of Page

tehbunneh
Hatchling

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2010 :  23:05:25  Show Profile  Visit tehbunneh's Homepage  Send tehbunneh an AOL message  Click to see tehbunneh's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys ^^ I hope to get some excellent pictures of him when I return home for the summer ^^ I think he will like the move to Worcester ^^

EMZ - WORCESTER, UK

3.2.0 Corn Snakes
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty
Taiki (CB11)
Tanis (CB10)
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
Winston (CB??)
Go to Top of Page

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2010 :  01:27:37  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey Bunneh, welcome to the forums.

0.4.0 Gerbils (Gemini, Pica, Gerty and Sasha)
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko (Elle)
1.0.0 Carolina Corn Snake(Elijah)
0.0.1 Emperor/Imperial Scorpion (Abbi)
2.0.0 Roborovski Dwarf Hamsters (Micro & Chippy)
Tropical fish - 6 Platys.6 Mollies.9 Glowlight Tetra.4 Pearl Gouramis.4 Apple Snails.1 Tiger Plec.2 Common Bristlenose Plecs and lots of babies.
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2010 :  02:32:23  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hiya n welcome to the forum :D

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2010 :  02:43:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Emz, I am so glad that you have joined us! You will find that this is a great forum with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also get lots of fun and friendship . Poor old Ripley really has been through quite an ordeal !! I am glad that he is now going to be taken on by someone who is willing to do as much research as possible to ensure his well being .

I am sure you have already browsed the TCS site and forum, and found that it provides great information. The best place to look is http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm, it has lots of information for new snake owners. Also read this topic on 'Your 1st Snake' http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133

We always suggest you follow the one-week rule (it is more of a guide than a rule but worth adhering too!)whenever you get a new snake, but I think it also applies to Ripley in this situation as well. This means no handling or feeding for the first week to allow him to get over the stress of the move and for him to get used to the new smells and his new surroundings (I know in many ways they are not new to him but after being missing for this long it is like starting again). This means just putting your hand in to change the water daily and straighten the substrate, so he can get used to your smell and not be threatened by you. You mustnt worry about him not feeding for that week, corns are a lot hardier than we realise and going for a week without food will not do them any harm, no matter how small they are. This is an important way of getting Ripley to de-stress and feel safe again.

You will find that there is a large amount of conflicting information out there about corn keeping – on the internet, in books, etc. Even on here you will find that people have different opinions.....but at least you have a place to ask what you need to know and get the answers from experienced owners. Then you can decide what to do with what you are told.

Unfortunately a lot of us have found that many pet shops cannot be trusted with what they are telling you . I know that I double check anything I am told on here. On this forum no question is regarded as a silly question....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too! First place to look is in the top right hand corner of the screen where there is a search button....type in what you are worried about and see if you can find an answer. I know you can get swamped with different topics including what you are searching for, so it is a bit daunting but worth a look. If you cant find the answer you are looking for then dont hesitate to ask!

I dont know if you have thought about doing this with Ripley, but I keep my own 'Snake Diaries', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems, when you do full viv cleans. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog and Silvesta poo !!

Well done for following the unwritten forum rule without even knowing about it - pics as soon as possible ! I shall head over to look at Ripley soon....

A warning - corn snakes are addictive.....and yes, the majority of us have stood up, said "hello my name is ****, I am addicted to corns........! And I am proud of it!" Although you may have started down that path not exactly by choice, be warned....it wont be long before Ripley works his magic and you will be wanting another corn !!

I do hope that he recovers well from his ordeal and that he settles happily with you. At least now you have joined the forum, you have found somewhere that can support you in nurturing him back to health and guiding you along that path of corn-craziness !!

xxx

Edited by - Kellog on 30/05/2010 04:53:21
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2010 :  12:54:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey and welcome

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

876 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2010 :  15:13:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello and Welcome
xXx

Slinky-Tallulah-Fairy-Bell

"My Heart has joined The Thousand for my friend stopped running today"
Go to Top of Page

KITTYCAT
Hatchling

United Kingdom
492 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2010 :  05:11:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi welcome to the forum

1.0.0 carolina corn (herbie)
0.1.0 snow corn (casper)
0.0.1 anery motley corn(diesel)
0.0.1 calafornia banded king snake (ozzy)
0.1.0 royal python (pandora)
0.0.1 boa constrictor (bullet)
1.0.0 weinmaraner (zac)
1.0.0 staffy (zeus)
1.1.0 cats (sophie n pepe)
0.0.1 fish (fish)

Go to Top of Page

tehbunneh
Hatchling

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2010 :  22:33:33  Show Profile  Visit tehbunneh's Homepage  Send tehbunneh an AOL message  Click to see tehbunneh's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thank you SO much Kellog! That REALLY helped and I feel thoroughly welcomed by all of you guys! Yes, poor Ripley has been through some tough experiences, and my family (as they have him at the moment, due to me being at University) have done all of this before I even said anything! I think they may be looking in the same places as you guys!

Ripley has become EXTREMELY friendly, and whenever my dad or mum change his water, he tries to wrap around their fingers to be brought out of the viv. He was held for a few minutes today, as my dad was worried about hurting him detangling him from his fingers, but he seems to be doing well. As soon as he come to live with me, I will be keeping just such a diary so I am fully aware of all issues he may develop. I'm REALLY looking forward to meeting him personally. I've only seen pictures, though I do have a little experience from my brother's first snake, Flo, who also escaped, but has not been found. She seemed to love me XDD I am really excited about Ripley, and you guys are just fuel-ing my want to go home XDD

EMZ - WORCESTER, UK

3.2.0 Corn Snakes
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty
Taiki (CB11)
Tanis (CB10)
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
Winston (CB??)
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2010 :  02:10:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tehbunneh

Thank you SO much Kellog! That REALLY helped and I feel thoroughly welcomed by all of you guys!.........

Ripley has become EXTREMELY friendly.......As soon as he come to live with me, I will be keeping just such a diary so I am fully aware of all issues he may develop. I'm REALLY looking forward to meeting him personally........I am really excited about Ripley, and you guys are just fuel-ing my want to go home XDD

Am so glad you feel so at home with us Emz, that is what we like to hear !! And the thanks isnt necessary, that is what the forum is here for .

It sounds really positive that Ripley is behaving so friendly towards your mum and dad (who do sound as though they know what they are doing). It is quite surprising really as you would have thought he would be nervous and still recovering from his ordeal, whereas he is obviously already feeling safe and at home and ready for human contact .

It is good to hear that you will be keeping a diary, I thought I was being a bit OTT when I first started doing it, but it has proved such a help through the time I have had my snakes....and that is why I recommend it to others.

I can totally understand you wanting to get home NOW! I expect you were looking forward to coming home anyway....but now with the lure of Ripley and the thought of meeting him for the first time....I am sure the days are passing much too slowly for your liking . When do you head back?

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2010 :  10:04:10  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I never said hi :o
Hello X3

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

tehbunneh
Hatchling

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2010 :  17:48:23  Show Profile  Visit tehbunneh's Homepage  Send tehbunneh an AOL message  Click to see tehbunneh's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi Sta~ple X333 Nice to meet you!

I'm not sure when I head back T^T It is my boyfriend's birthday on the 26th June, so I need to find out what he wants to do in order to be able to go home for the summer! Its been nearly 3 years since I've been back for any decent time frame; and yes, Ripley is making it even more exciting to be going home ^^

When my brother had Flo, he was keeping just such a diary, so I know it is a very good idea - I have a bit of an OCD tendancy, so I'll be doing it religiously!! Probably from the first feed/shed I do - whichever comes first X33

EMZ - WORCESTER, UK

3.2.0 Corn Snakes
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty
Taiki (CB11)
Tanis (CB10)
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
Winston (CB??)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

441 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2010 :  19:24:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum