Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

243 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  13:53:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
when i was managing a shop i got a cv handed in that was partly in text talk. even one of the written reference was like that. made me sure i didnt want to interview the person

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  18:17:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
'bbe' is babe.. some people can't be bothered to add an a..

I hate text talk.. OK maybe when I'm trying to send a big message to shorten into one message istead of 2 with about a word on the other text (10p a text!) I might slip a few in but IMO it's common sense to type English.

some people moan when they see immigrants speaking their own language, it's like text talk is a whole language on its on. Maybe people I know that don't like immigrants speaking their language are text talkers.

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2010 :  05:35:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by herriotfan

Sorry blackecho
Can I ask if anyone can tell us all what the text talk means, i.e lol = laugh out loud, for the benefit of our older members who may not be quite so up to date on these things? Thank you.

Try having a look at this Angela, has helped me out once or twice! http://www.sms-text-guide.com/sms-text-language.html

xxx

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2010 :  10:03:33  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks Judith, I've added it to my favs!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2010 :  10:54:52  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i really dont get text talk. it was designed for when you were limited to 160characters per text. but now you can write an essay without opening a new text and most people that do text alot have a lot of texts in there bundles.

mmmmm.....

which one is easier to read

quote:
i realy dnt gt txt tlk. it was dsgnd 4 wen u wre ltd 2 160charatrs per txt. bt now u cn rite an esay witout opning new txt n most ppl tht do hve lot of txt in thre bundls

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2010 :  11:28:36  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sexychef

i really dont get text talk. it was designed for when you were limited to 160characters per text. but now you can write an essay without opening a new text and most people that do text alot have a lot of texts in there bundles.

mmmmm.....

which one is easier to read

quote:
i realy dnt gt txt tlk. it was dsgnd 4 wen u wre ltd 2 160charatrs per txt. bt now u cn rite an esay witout opning new txt n most ppl tht do hve lot of txt in thre bundls

Me has unltd i mean unlimited texts

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2010 :  05:49:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

Me has unltd i mean unlimited texts

(Danny, it is 'I have' not 'Me has' )

I has 2 ....as a few of my friends have found out and now I can send long texts with real English! You think my essays on here are bad you should see my texts !!

Seriously though, it does help....especially in my situation where I dont see people much and am often too tired to talk to people on the phone, so sending someone a text just keeps me in touch and also lets people know that you havent forgotten about them - that means a lot .

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

876 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2010 :  08:08:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shortyireland

when i was managing a shop i got a cv handed in that was partly in text talk. even one of the written reference was like that. made me sure i didnt want to interview the person

I have been in that situation as well!

The other thing I find when students write into work is that they write how they speak...

This is an opening sentence that I remember from two years ago

"Deer Sir, Madem,

I have like lost my student fare card somewhere like..."

I honestly was shocked!

I would like to add that

Txt spk iz lik wiked init I soz dntz undrsand y peepz gt soo uptit bout it init blud

ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xXx

Slinky-Tallulah-Fairy-Bell

"My Heart has joined The Thousand for my friend stopped running today"
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

10 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2010 :  13:43:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok.just one thing i would like to add..............

???????????
?????
???
?

makes no sence to me at all my spelling and grammer is very bad but txt typing thingy is far beyond me

(feels old and grumpy)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000