New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

18 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2010 :  01:27:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
unsure which section to post this hope this is ok

Anyhows what sort of price are corn hatchlings going for at the moment?

Im asking as i dont want to get ripped off some of the shop prices are bit on the high side ie £90 for an amel hatchling ive seen adult amels being sold for under £30 in local gumtree

0.0.1 bearded dragon
Corns to follow A.S.A.P

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2010 :  02:00:25  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
£90 for an amel hatchling is very high even for a rep shop, as a guide i payed £29.99 for candy who i bought in february. (pics here - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9569 )

Price is also morph dependant. Eg, i have seen carolinas in shops selling for around £20, then slightly more expensive you have things such as Amels, Aneries, Hypos which are generally around £30-£35. Basically the rarer the morph the more expensive.

I payed £55 for my Ghost Casper, and £89.99 for my Bloodred/Diffused Reggie. £90 is probably a little on the expensive side though. (pics here - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9328 )

If you have a morph in mind then there will be someone that could give you a rough price. You could also try looking on a few different websites to see how they price their corns, www.888reptiles.com is probably a good one as they have many corns priced up on their website so you can get a rough view of what you are likely to pay for different morphs.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

18 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2010 :  02:11:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks for the link ill give it a good looking at,
should really have looked first before seeing yours want one right now...lol i can see why you have 3 (for now ) class wee reps

0.0.1 bearded dragon
Corns to follow A.S.A.P
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2010 :  02:12:17  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lol i replied in the intro section, as didnt realise you made a thread lol, woopsie.

but you can also check out preloved aswel if anyone selling near you :D

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

18 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2010 :  02:17:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many thanks for the replies food for thought.
Can tell im gonna like it here

0.0.1 bearded dragon
Corns to follow A.S.A.P
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2010 :  02:20:35  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by merlinni

Of course you are everybody likes it here...

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2010 :  02:31:54  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
haha defo agree with Danny :D why wouldnt you enjoy the madness here ???? (and of course the knowledge ;))

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2010 :  02:32:01  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

quote:
Originally posted by merlinni

Of course you are everybody likes it here...

I agree on that!
Infos and fun are mixed in this forum..!
How can you not like that?
Go to Top of Page

Dan-sunkist
Hatchling

Ireland
143 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2010 :  10:59:37  Show Profile  Click to see Dan-sunkist's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i also replied in your intro.

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2010 :  11:19:16  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Depends on the morph and shop. I paid £60 for my normal snake and about the same for my anery and they were both a year old but this was about 8 years ago now and morph colours are more readily available. 888 reptiles is a good thing to compare but they don;t seem to have this years hatchlings in yet and I think to be honest that some of the prices for some of the morphs are a bit high while other's are lower than I expected.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2010 :  11:39:37  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

888 reptiles is a good thing to compare but they don;t seem to have this years hatchlings in yet and I think to be honest that some of the prices for some of the morphs are a bit high while other's are lower than I expected.

Some are a little higher than expected but most are reasonable and some even fairly cheap for a rep shop, after all thats what it is.

I guess it also depends on where about you are aswell. Some shops don't have local breeders to buy from and have to pay higher prices to get the snakes so charge slightly higher.

Some shops breed their snakes and sell hatchlins from their own snakes so prices will be slightly cheaper.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2010 :  11:50:26  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

888 reptiles is a good thing to compare but they don;t seem to have this years hatchlings in yet and I think to be honest that some of the prices for some of the morphs are a bit high while other's are lower than I expected.

Some are a little higher than expected but most are reasonable and some even fairly cheap for a rep shop, after all thats what it is.

That's what I thought. Like the normals seem to be quite price yet the butters seemed cheap in comparison. I guess you also pay for the het's since I'm sure they list of of the snake hets on there as well

I didn't think about delivery cost for pet shops, silly me. I guess that's why they still charge quite a bit for snake's at my petshop but it's always nice to see the snake first before and pick the one you want so it's an advantage.

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2010 :  11:59:52  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

That's what I thought. Like the normals seem to be quite price yet the butters seemed cheap in comparison. I guess you also pay for the het's since I'm sure they list of of the snake hets on there as well

I didn't think about delivery cost for pet shops, silly me. I guess that's why they still charge quite a bit for snake's at my petshop but it's always nice to see the snake first before and pick the one you want so it's an advantage.

There are certainly advantages to buying from a shop or breeder. Plus the delivery charge on 888's is FROM 8.99 so im guessing it varies depending on the size of the animal you are purchasing.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2010 :  12:04:03  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

There are certainly advantages to buying from a shop or breeder. Plus the delivery charge on 888's is FROM 8.99 so im guessing it varies depending on the size of the animal you are purchasing.

Is that including if you spend over £50? I guess it also depends on were you live as well as I imagine it would have to be a special courier.

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2010 :  12:06:22  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yes livestock delivery is seperate and regardless of wether your spend over £50.

Yes i think its the same for all england scotland and wales but goes up if its going to Ireland. and they don't ship any further than that.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000