Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  21:53:54  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
IT'S SPELLED:

G O R G E O U S ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

[/rant]

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  21:59:27  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ok..!
Whatever you say!
I'm with you..!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

243 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  22:07:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
and how does one spell fabuluss?

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  22:27:34  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think its a girl thing, nearly every girl i know spells it that way :S, me thinks they're just strange

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  22:29:28  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

I think its a girl thing, nearly every girl i know spells it that way :S, me thinks they're just strange

Hold your horses now young man..!
That's not true..!
I don't!
Go to Top of Page

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  22:30:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hahaha
like sxc or bbe

...what??

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

243 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  22:31:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i dont either. most words i find it long to try type them in text speak

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  22:58:42  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mozacchio

quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

Hold your horses now young man..!
That's not true..!
I don't!

Same here :/ the only type of text I use is lol and that's it and that's only because if I say that's funny it looks and sounds strange.

What's sxc and bbe?

Nothing makes me more annoyed when people spell "you" as "yu". It's like your saying "I'm not a total idiot and I don't use text speak but at the same time I'm too lazy to add one letter." I don't mind abbreviation on long words but on short ones it's kind of pointless and if everything is typed like that it's a massive headache ._. Then again I can't really talk as my typing/spelling skills are appalling.

It's really weird when people use text talk in real conversation.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  23:09:47  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple
It's really weird when people use text talk in real conversation.

Yer i've been in a conversation with someone before today and they've said lol, it is kinda weird.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  00:11:35  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
oooookkk then.... if i must spell it properly *must try n remember*... but warning im useless at spelling :/
sorry :(

:D :D

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  04:35:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I corrected my daughter's spelling on Facebook of 'Gawjus' once....you can imagine her reaction !!! Luckily I have a couple of friends who are also friends of hers and they are always picking her up on her grammar and spelling - in a fun way that she likes....cos its not her mum doing it!

Sta~ple - sxc is sexy - bbl is be back later and bbs is be back soon....but no idea about bbe

quote:
Originally posted by crazy JJ

oooookkk then.... if i must spell it properly *must try n remember*... but warning im useless at spelling :/
sorry :(

:D :D

Dont stress about it JJ....just occasionally a few of our older members get a bit stressed about this type of thing! Just their age showing ! Your posts are sometimes a bit difficult to make out but always worth reading !!

There has been a few posts made recently that have been virtually impossible to read - cos of text speak and just not trying to write properly ....now that makes me mad (and not a lot makes me mad)!

In this day and age stuff is spelt differently and some of it is ok - I use 'cos' instead of 'because' and will also use lol...and when I text will use text speak but will try and spell proper words properly!

What we have got to remember is that sometimes people post in a certain way because of certain reasons - but others do it cos they dont give a damn and cant be bothered to type properly !!

[/rant]

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  07:49:31  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I very rarely have difficulty readin many posts actually, in fact even if things are consistently spelled incorrectly it doesn't bother me in the slightest.
When an entire sentence gets cut down to about 5 words each one containing no more than 4 letters, THEN it gets irritatinghard to read.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  08:22:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My husband put lol at the end of an email to a female work colleague and she went MENTAL. She read it as 'lots of love' instead of the 'laugh out loud' he meant it as. It's easy to misinterpret electronic communications when you don't have the person's facial expressions and body language to back up their meaning, that's why we have emoticons to help. Shortening stuff that doesn't need to be shortened just adds in that potential for misunderstanding imho.

(imho = in my humble opinion). See, I'm not really THAT old and can use some limited text speak. In fact I've had to learn it since being on this forum. Quite a lot confuses me but I find if I wait someone else will probably ask what it means. I worked out sxc, never heard of bbl and bbs and still no idea what bbe means.

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  09:55:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

I very rarely have difficulty readin many posts actually, in fact even if things are consistently spelled incorrectly it doesn't bother me in the slightest......

Our brains are actually able to work out most words no matter what order the letters are in if they are the correct letters.......

'Arocdnicg to rsceearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pcale. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit pobelrm. Tihs is buseace the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.'

quote:
Originally posted by Sammysnake

I worked out sxc, never heard of bbl and bbs and still no idea what bbe means.

THINK I have worked out that bbe must mean baby....which seems bizarre to me as it is only one letter more and then you could spell it correctly - but I am probably totally wrong!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  10:07:44  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
LOL Kellog, love the last posting re Cambs uni!!!!
I tend to use a mixture of both, although if push came to shove I'd be old fashioned and use 'proper' words. I think a lot of the time it depends who I'm talking to.....if it's my younger friends I'd use text-talk more.
This could turn into a good debate, maybe it should be started from scratch as a new topic

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  10:42:04  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think one thread on the topic is plenty. Personally, I have an education so am quite happy to use the language properly.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  10:55:54  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sorry blackecho
Can I ask if anyone can tell us all what the text talk means, i.e lol = laugh out loud, for the benefit of our older members who may not be quite so up to date on these things? Thank you.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

243 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  11:06:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
text talk in general was previously used to put as many words into one text on a phone as possible, generally by removing the vowels. for the most part it is difficult to read. lol and lmao and words like that were more widely used on the internet in chatrooms and such. so text talk is more likely to look like "c u l8r bbe" persoanlly i mix mine up but if someone speaks in all text talk it woulkd take me a long time to figure it out

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  11:34:52  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shortyireland

if someone speaks in all text talk it woulkd take me a long time to figure it out

I find i actually type quicker on my laptop when i don't use text speak. Although some may slip through.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  12:13:08  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Dont stress about it JJ....just occasionally a few of our older members get a bit stressed about this type of thing! Just their age showing ! Your posts are sometimes a bit difficult to make out but always worth reading !!

n'awww thanks, sorry, didnt realise i was that bad sorry , shall try n spell things prop but only use text speak when cant spell things, or just out of habbit, but i'll try n remember to spell things properly but glad that ya told me anyways

quote:
THINK I have worked out that bbe must mean baby....which seems bizarre to me as it is only one letter more and then you could spell it correctly - but I am probably totally wrong!

thats what i thought it meant but if it helps ive never heard of any of them really, if ya asked me a few years ago i would of probs know as i always used to use text talk but now ive worked out predictive text and got unlimited texts so all good

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  13:04:15  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I hate it when my mum texts me and she uses text talk. It results in me asking her what the hell she put sent which either results in being sent the exact same message again or a "nm". It drives me nuts. I wonder if people send their CV's in text talk :/ I know some people have started using it when writing exams :/

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000