New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MarkSue
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
40 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  19:10:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im probably going to get slatted for this, but here goes.

Im i the only one that gets a nasty feeling in my stomach when i see these sort of pics I know its only natural, but it does make me feel rather queezie

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  19:16:55  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hmm, not sure wether you are the only one but i quite like looking at some of the feeding pics, and love watching my lot feed. Especially Candy, the pinkies seem so big compared to him lol.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Edited by - DannyBrown91 on 08/05/2010 19:17:19
Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  19:18:02  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

Hmm, not sure wether you are the only one but i quite like looking at some of the feeding pics, and love watching my lot feed. Especially Candy, the pinkies seem so big compared to him lol.

I agree with Danny!
I love watching Spaghettino eat..!
I find it fascinating!
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  19:38:19  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Not to sound rude but don't look at them then lol and surely you like watching yours eat as after all, it is your pet. I think as long as no pictures posted of mosey heads open or stomach slit unless there a warning in the topic title then it's fine. I must admit I don't like touching the mice but watching them eat is fascinating. I think most feeding picture topics on here say that it there's pictures of snakies nomming.

Looking at the pictures on here of them eating only makes me want to take pictures although sometimes my snakes get spooked by the camera or the camera makes everything blurry T.T

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  19:40:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do sometimes get the feeling, and sometimes don't..

I have no idea why, but I'm not put off my dinner by it.
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  19:52:13  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
.......i'd best not post 'that picture' of what happens if you warm a mouse in too hot water then

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  19:58:30  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

.......i'd best not post 'that picture' of what happens if you warm a mouse in too hot water then

I'm interested now, dos it cook or like explode? I know when I left a pinky too long under a bulb the result was disgusting x.x

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  20:01:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try being a vegetarian and having to cut up a cows heart.......

Op, do you eat meat yourself? Is so, I don't understand why seeing a snake eat a mouse is upsetting.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  20:03:07  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

quote:

I'm interested now, dos it cook or like explode? I know when I left a pinky too long under a bulb the result was disgusting x.x

it explodes!

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  20:08:05  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

it explodes!

Ew! I hope you washed the pan before using it to cook your beans XD

I wonder how a snake would react to cooked mouse though...

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

45 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  20:19:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol... they explode in the microwave too apparently..... i find it fascinating to watch personally and i cant wait for next week when its feeding time again x

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

45 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  20:19:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol... they explode in the microwave too apparently..... i find it fascinating to watch personally and i cant wait for next week when its feeding time again x

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

45 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  20:20:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry hit the submit button twice.... my bad x

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

243 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  21:11:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is it just feeding pic you dont like or the feeding process itself? if its the latter you gonna have a very hungry snake

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  21:51:41  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

it explodes!

Thats got to be pretty cool.

**Goes to boil kettle**

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  22:06:07  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

quote:

quote:

quote:

it explodes!

Thats got to be pretty cool.

**Goes to boil kettle**

If you put them in a pan I hope you wash it before you cook your beans XD

I would love to know why someone thought it would be a good idea to nuke a mouse though. Surely microwaving it would not be hygienic and would stink your microwave out.

Getting back on topic though the eating doesn't bother me, it's when taking them out to defrost. One I took out today had like it's eye balls bulging out. I'm actually wondering if as it defrost that it eyes will fall out >.< Also some of the mice I get seem to freeze in weird positions so they are kinda curled up which is a bit creepy. The only part of snake's eating a bit a bit eek is when they have such a big meal that it looks like the snakes eyes are about to pop out XD

Go to Top of Page

MarkSue
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
40 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  22:42:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
its not the feeding bit its self, its the pics of a mouse thats like 4 times bigger than the snakes head and the mouths all stretched and eyes all bulging. suppose id better get used to it though
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2010 :  00:31:31  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I know exactly what you mean, my missus doesn't like snakes a great deal and thinks it's horrible when they eat, but has slowly gotten used to it.
Time will get you by soon and it wont look as freaky then.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  05:16:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MarkSue

its not the feeding bit its self, its the pics of a mouse thats like 4 times bigger than the snakes head and the mouths all stretched and eyes all bulging. suppose id better get used to it though

I do understand what you mean....I remember when Kellog moved onto jumbo mice and I thought 'there is no way that is going to go down' and got quite worried, but he managed it without a problem. It takes us a while to get our heads around the fact that the size of the prey item has nothing to do with the size of the snake's head and that it is totally natural for them to dislocate and stretch their jaws the way they do to get around the body - they were designed that way! You will get used to it - I promise.

xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000