Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2010 :  09:29:36  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
HAHAHA, thanks for putting succinctly what I managed to ramble on about Danny!

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

40 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2010 :  10:05:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

She ate again last night and drinking more she is still hiding away but after what she went through I dont blame her, when I move the water close to her or put pinnky in she comes out to see me, so at least she is interested in coming out I just dont want to handle her too soon I will let her settle in peace for the time been untill she is ready.
I think in about 3 weeks or so I will leave the front door open so if she ants to come out she can.
I got given some zoovet electrolyte from vet to put in her water its full of all the goodness she needs and vitamins so this should perk her up too.
I have read that only 90% hatch and from those 90% eat well so I guessing from the 4 I have only 2 will survive, when it is time for hatching im going to get a specilist or someone who has hatched eggs before to come and make sure there all ok and to help with 1st feed, I want to do the best for them too.
The grren sandy stuff there in is called vermiculite.
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2010 :  11:05:42  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear she is ok and interested in eating. It sounds like it wont be long before she is perky again. Remember you shouldn't handle her for 48 hours after a feed anyway.

I wouldn't really advise leaving her viv open for her to come out at will as you may lose her. It's very easy to become distracted. I opened Alices viv once as i was sat right next to it. I got into reading a thread on here and looked over my shoulder to see Alice half out the viv disappearing around the side. Another 30 secs and he would have been gone.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

40 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2010 :  11:33:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by kdlang

Glad to hear she is ok and interested in eating. It sounds like it wont be long before she is perky again. Remember you shouldn't handle her for 48 hours after a feed anyway.

I wouldn't really advise leaving her viv open for her to come out at will as you may lose her. It's very easy to become distracted. I opened Alices viv once as i was sat right next to it. I got into reading a thread on here and looked over my shoulder to see Alice half out the viv disappearing around the side. Another 30 secs and he would have been gone.

Wow im glad you didnt loose her, I was going to say I will be right next to the viv if she wants to come out lol but maybe I wont.
Im going to carry on feeding her everyday snall pinnky untill she refuses them leave her 3 days and give her a fluff and see how she goes as long as she is eating I say let her lol /i want her to be well fed and happy. It is such a relief all is ok with her and despite her been thin she is healthy. yey
Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2010 :  12:35:39  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ah, never thought vermiculite was sandy, so it confused me! Glad she's doing well!!

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2010 :  12:36:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't advise feedong her everyday. Snakes digestive systems aren't made to handle that amount of digestion, and you may well end up with a regurge. Thin snakes ezpecially need small feeds every 5-7 days tops, to make sure you don't over load the system. Keep her on the electrolytes in the water, and try a fuzzy/fluff in around 5 days.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

newsnakekeeper
Hatchling

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2010 :  13:27:58  Show Profile  Send newsnakekeeper an AOL message  Click to see newsnakekeeper's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Glad your snake is doing well and she is eating. Have you been to the shop to complain about their lack of knowledge on the subject. I would go in where there are a few people in and complain about their lack of knowledge on snakes and that so other people know wat they are like. But that is just me dont let them get away with it.

You could even ask them if they are willing to refund the any money u have paid for vets bills

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2010 :  17:01:37  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by newsnakekeeper

Glad your snake is doing well and she is eating. Have you been to the shop to complain about their lack of knowledge on the subject. I would go in where there are a few people in and complain about their lack of knowledge on snakes and that so other people know wat they are like. But that is just me dont let them get away with it.

You could even ask them if they are willing to refund the any money u have paid for vets bills

I would certainly have a go at them, the advice they gave could easily have ended in the death of a snake, and anybody who buys from them will likely get the same advice.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2010 :  17:20:06  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm glad she is much better :) hopefully you an give her bigger food soon, I'm sure she will soon put the weight back on.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

40 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2010 :  09:19:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was going to go down to complain when I told the vets what I was told she knew the bloke and said "oh hes lovly and knows what he is on about", I so not really I have already had 1 snake die from them and nearly happened again I was lucky this time but someone else wont be.
The vets bill was really high as it was my 1st time there, just to get through the door was £20 then the x-ray, the jabs and the water vits.
Plus he perswaded me to get the bigger viv for them to be together that cost me nearly £300 so all in all in the past week I have ended up spending over £400 and I dont want to put then back together so was a big waste. (although they needed to be separated).
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2010 :  13:15:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
glad she is starting to improve,
instead of feeding everyday (which wont really help her out - just give her indigestion!) you could offer two pinkies every 5/6 days, hope she continues to improve,
if your set up with the eggs is right then theres no reason as to why they shouldnt all hatch

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

40 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2010 :  15:18:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by HannahB

glad she is starting to improve,
instead of feeding everyday (which wont really help her out - just give her indigestion!) you could offer two pinkies every 5/6 days, hope she continues to improve,
if your set up with the eggs is right then theres no reason as to why they shouldnt all hatch

Hi
I didnt feed her last night as she has not had any bowl movement Im going to wait untill she pooh's lol then give her a fluff 2-3 times a week untill she starts putting weigh on then make it more into feeding patern.
Just to let you know if it wasn't for you guys my girl might not be here, so thank you.
Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2010 :  15:34:25  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I hope she goes from strength to strength! x

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2010 :  22:35:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by amyoli01

Hi
I didnt feed her last night as she has not had any bowl movement Im going to wait untill she pooh's lol then give her a fluff 2-3 times a week untill she starts putting weigh on then make it more into feeding patern.
Just to let you know if it wasn't for you guys my girl might not be here, so thank you.

Look, follow advise and feed her once every 5-7 days. You are doing her no favours at all.

Sorry to sound harsh, but I think your wee snakie has been through enough without then being power fed.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2010 :  22:44:59  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Certainly follow the advice given and feed 1-2 prey items every 5-7 days, snakes digestive systems arn't made for constantly digesting.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

40 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  14:11:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
will do
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

40 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2010 :  09:14:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All
Just to inform you Asternos is doing very well now.
She is eating, drinking going to toilet and shed yey.
Last night she walked around her viv up the walls with out a care in the world so thanks all of you for the great advise.
Thanks all
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2010 :  11:08:07  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thats great news mate. Wow a snake that walks

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2010 :  11:18:34  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Fantastic news are you sure she aint a lizard though ;)

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2010 :  18:48:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done you and to snakey.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic