Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Health
 Has Elijah really grown over 1" in 6 days?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2010 :  23:22:03  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well as always, I weight and measure Elijah prior to every feed. As he has upgraded to fuzzies a while ago I changed his schedule from 5 to 6 days.
I measured before his last feed last Sunday 09.05.2010 and he was:
weighed 43g
length 23.4"

I fed him again Saturday just gone and he was:
weighed 45g
length 24.6"

So officially he has reached 2', but I can't belive he would grow over 1" in 6 days? My theory is, on the Sunday measuring he may have been contracted, then on the Saturday feed he was more stretched out? Or does 1" of growth actually happen?

I'm currently using the Snake Measurer method.

On a quick seperate note
ELIJAH HAS FINALLY TURNED INTO A LITTLE WARRIOR
He is no longer a poobag, I went to do his daily water change, and instead of backiing off and running for a corner he came straight over to my hand thinking it was food, tongue zipping out and everything, so I waggled my finger a little away from him and he just kept following it, when he got close enough he had a sniff and went off again, lol. Me thinks I'll be getting tagged soon although I will try not to invite it.

0.4.0 Gerbils (Gemini, Pica, Gerty and Sasha)
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko (Elle)
1.0.0 Carolina Corn Snake(Elijah)
0.0.1 Emperor/Imperial Scorpion (Abbi)
2.0.0 Roborovski Dwarf Hamsters (Micro & Chippy)
Tropical fish - 6 Platys.6 Mollies.9 Glowlight Tetra.4 Pearl Gouramis.4 Apple Snails.1 Tiger Plec.2 Common Bristlenose Plecs and lots of babies.

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2010 :  01:06:46  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
bump

Tropical fish - 6 Platys.6 Mollies.9 Glowlight Tetra.4 Pearl Gouramis.4 Apple Snails.1 Tiger Plec.2 Common Bristlenose Plecs and lots of babies.
Go to Top of Page

Scarlett
Hatchling

United Kingdom
363 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2010 :  14:55:23  Show Profile  Visit Scarlett's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Haha, sounds like he's doing well then! I have yet to be tagged, even though I've had Ember nearly a year lol. I've probably cursed myself now, d'oh!
I'd agree with your theory of him having been contracted when you measured him last, they're awkward buggers lol.

x

0.0.1 Amel Corn -Ember.
1.0.0 Bloodred Corn - Loki.
0.0.1 MBK - Apollo.
1.1.0 Cats - Moggy and Pretty Girl.
0.0.1 Royal Python - Odin R.I.P 20/6/10.
Wishlist = Pied Sided Bloodred, Anery Stripe, Coral Stripe, Bloodred, Green Blotched Snow,
Strawberry Snow Stripe.

Location = Chatham, Kent.
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2010 :  15:26:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i doubt it would be such a massive growth in just a week..i agree that it sounds like elijah was still a bit curled up when you measured him before

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2010 :  03:15:16  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I just did a pre feed measure and it came up 24.3" so I reckon that first one he was really scrunched up unnoticably.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000