The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  18:03:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

You would need a sharp knife though as they are touch when frozen x.x

I wonder if it's possible to get males castrated so they don't get horny XD

Considering they don't have testicles, it'd be pretty hard. and plus their sexual organs are internal. It'd only be necesary if the male had a prolapse.

To brain the mouse, I put a nail at the back of their head/top of the neck and tap with a hammer.

No destruction but brain juices are exposed... yum.
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  18:50:25  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

You would need a sharp knife though as they are touch when frozen x.x

I wonder if it's possible to get males castrated so they don't get horny XD

Considering they don't have testicles, it'd be pretty hard. and plus their sexual organs are internal. It'd only be necesary if the male had a prolapse.

To brain the mouse, I put a nail at the back of their head/top of the neck and tap with a hammer.

No destruction but brain juices are exposed... yum.

Well as they pop out I guess you could cut them XD but then again it is quite mean. Never heard of a male prolapse before lol but then again I never heard of anything other than people having an anal one before so..

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  03:37:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, the good news is Silvesta ate again....the bad news is that I slit again which meant I gave him a mouse with its intestines hanging out - I still cant believe the lengths I will go to get Silvesta to feed! Now the dilemma is how long do I keep feeding him like this before I can get him feeding normally again.....

xxx

Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  16:00:17  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well the Colin mystery has shed some light he seems a bit paler today and going by his records he is due a shed again in about 2 weeks so that may be the cause of his fasting again. I do hope it is coz I dont fancy perfoming a part autopsy on a mouse thank you but thanks for the braining tip I may try that sometime it doesnt sound quite as messy.

1.1.0 Amel Corns Colin and Xena
1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.1.0 Cats Wotsit and Willow
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  16:02:39  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think blood also simulates them to eat so you could just randomly poke a hole in the mouse and spred the blood on it's nose a bit. I defrosted a large mouse which had been frozen with a bloody nose and as it defrosted, it started to leak and har wnet crazy over it lol never seen her more willing to eat.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  16:19:04  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting to know cheers

1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2010 :  18:00:14  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
When I feed Sidney I squeeze the nose of the mouse, with the tongs, until it bleeds a bit and he loves it! No accounting for taste.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2010 :  04:52:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do hope that it is due to Colin going in to shed that he has gone off his food again.

Tried the stomach slit with Kellog - and it is a lot harder and so much more disgusting with a jumbo mouse than with a medium one - but he totally ignored it....in fact he slid all over it as though it wasnt there ! So I guess it is a case of wait another couple of weeks and try again....

xxx

Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2010 :  12:33:01  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yep the waiting game is all we can do judith. Part of owning male snakes i am afraid (at least one of mine is female and can eat for her country)

1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2010 :  04:27:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to bump an old topic BUT Kellog ate on Tuesday!!! First time since March and he has lost nearly 100g, but I am not too worried about that. Didnt think I had a chance, weighed mouse and promptly forgot weight as didnt think he would eat....warmed and brained it....put him in box and weighed him....and then as I was lowering mouse to put it into the box with him his head came up and his tongue started flickering. Nothing momentous....just interested. So I dangled and he very slowly and calmly nosed around the mouse and then took it gently in his jaws and pulled it down!! I put the lid on the box and left him too it....in total shock!

Silvesta ate for the 2nd week in a row now, although no interest in striking....didnt seem too interested to begin with, just aware that it was there and I thought 'Oh no, here we go again....' and then he did the same thing as Kellog....a sniff around and taking it carefully.

Going to feed them both in the box for one more feed just to be sure they are back feeding properly and will then return to feeding them on the floor like I used to.

So for all of you out there with horny males who still arent eating....there is light at the end of the tunnel !!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2010 :  09:26:26  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thats excellent news Judith I am well pleased for you and can totally relate to what a shock it is when they finally do eat. Lets hope its the start of many feeds.

1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2010 :  09:52:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not even a sniff on Wednesday..
Go to Top of Page