The Dark Side
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2010 :  12:15:26  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ok I'm brain dead today and can't work it out.....what or where is 'The Dark Side' that I've seen reference to on here?
I have no excuse for my stupidity lol !!!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2010 :  12:40:49  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Its another forum, you don't want to go there.....

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2010 :  12:58:40  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ooooo, I do want to be naughty and have a look....tell me more

Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

44 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2010 :  13:49:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have to admit i have been onverted from the dark side (sooo much negativity over there!) so ill be the one to say it - its The Dark Side.co.uk - but seriously - this forum is alot nicer and alot more friendly!!
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2010 :  18:13:56  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Baggage

i have to admit i have been onverted from the dark side (sooo much negativity over there!) so ill be the one to say it - its The Dark Side.co.uk - but seriously - this forum is alot nicer and alot more friendly!!

lol at the word censor!

If you think your head looks silly on top of your shoulders, the dark side is the perfect place to get it torn off and ripped to shreds :D

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2010 :  18:21:09  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
lol - sorry Baggage, the swear filter didn't like that

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2010 :  18:23:17  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ok folks. Try going to www.thedarkside.co.uk and see if you can enter..... made me laugh!!!
Don't go to the place you all call the dark side, just follow the link.
Now do you see my confusion!!!!!

Granddaughter (Eva)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2010 :  18:43:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's another forum, bigger and busier, and there is a bit of hostility and smuttines, but it's not as bad now..

Theres a wealth of knowledge on there, but fighting through the lies, bitching, fighting and then youv'e got to determine whats actually right and what isn't, theres a lot of conflicting information, but not everyones bad.. just a fair few of them.

Just my opinion. I find it's also incredibly slow..
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2010 :  19:55:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

It's another forum, bigger and busier, and there is a bit of hostility and smuttines, but it's not as bad now..

Theres a wealth of knowledge on there, but fighting through the lies, bitching, fighting and then youv'e got to determine whats actually right and what isn't, theres a lot of conflicting information, but not everyones bad.. just a fair few of them.

Just my opinion. I find it's also incredibly slow..

This ^^^

There is a huge amount of knowledge on there, but be prepared for flaming, swearing and general mayhem!

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2010 :  22:28:00  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Agree with Tom and Rach, its the biggest forum around for Reps, so there is a lot of knowledge there, but with that also comes a lot of rubbish.

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2010 :  22:36:03  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Im not personally on the dark side, but im quite happy just being a member of this forum. Its very friendly, not too busy and and questions i have had have always been answered.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2010 :  04:23:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am with Danny. Have checked out 'The Dark Side ' when certain things have been mentioned on here and just find it overwhelming - guess I am a 'one-forum woman' !

What has been said about it is right - there is a lot of very good info on there and probably some nice people (ok, maybe just a few of them )....but the trouble is sifting through the bad info, the rubbish (false) info, the rudeness, the flaming and general free for all.....to finally get what you want and need.

And when you are a newbie it is hard to know what info is good and what isnt.

Its members also number in the thousands....so can you imagine the amount of comments ?!

Here is the place to stay!

xxx

edited to add - no need for the apology for not knowing what it was....the fact that it is only ever mentioned as 'The Dark Side ' does make it fairly ambiguous for those who dont know and if you put in its real name it gets automatically changed cos it is a swear word! That is only cos they completely blocked TCS and its sister sites from being mentioned ! No rivalry of course !!

Edited by - Kellog on 28/04/2010 04:28:57
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

44 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2010 :  08:08:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did wonder if it was me that had typed it wrong lol, i did start out on there, but have very quickly converted to here, and will be staying firmly put!!
I did find that there was alot more about having a go and sniping about things than actual advice and heaven forbid if you should ask what to them seems like an obvious question
seems like alot of people like to go on there for a moan - admittedly there are a few that want to help but not the majority!
And if its all about a love of reptiles then why ban any mention of TCS? its about the snakes not some exclusive members club jeesh! surely we should all be united by our common love of all things snakified
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2010 :  11:02:33  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't think they've blocked the corn snake site, it's thekingsnake.co.uk that is in their swear filter.... but that was because some of our members over there were very naughty indeed and tried to get themselves purposefully banned from the The Dark Side.co.uk and they got caught out

I won't mention any names, but Matty and Magnecticblue know who they are

I think the dark side is a wealth of information and it's only a handful of members that just go on for a flaming war. It's a shame, but I think it's common on a lot of forums, especially ones that are soooooo busy.

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2010 :  12:01:09  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've had a sneaky look and must admit, having done quite a bit of reading posts, I quite agree that this is by far the more friendly forum. Don't think I'll bother going there again. Even tho' we sometimes have differing ideas about things we don't get nasty about it, they really put the knife in!!! OMG some of the posts are cruel.
I'll stay put.......

Granddaughter (Eva)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

480 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2010 :  13:16:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
been once to have a peek but soon came back!!!! not going again..lol

1.0.0 Amel, Steve

WISH LIST: blue tongue skink.
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2010 :  17:47:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

Agree with Tom and Rach, its the biggest forum around for Reps, so there is a lot of knowledge there, but with that also comes a lot of rubbish.

and in many cases noobs get shot down..

If I have a problem with my snakes, which I have had one big boo-boo, I felt comfortable sending messages to a few members (like 2) on there for a second opinion on what to do.

It's not all bad, but then again, it's not a bed of roses.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000