New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sizzlesmum
Hatchling

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2010 :  10:57:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While lurking on Ian's vivarium website and found a website for a private breeder close to where I live. Figured they must be ok if they are on that website

Had a long look at their breeding plans, emailed them and decided to go for a Lavender and a Pewter Both clutches are incubating at the moment so please keep your fingers crossed for them.

Never had hatchlings, my two were older when I got them and went straight in vivs.

Will be back on here tonight hitting the search button for faun advice etc but any advice or tips would be much appreciated

In for the wait now, so excited, I don't know how those of you who breed snakies etc cope lol

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2010 :  11:27:11  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sounds cool. Lucky to have a good breeder near you, might be a bit tempting to get lots lol

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2010 :  11:53:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now that would just be too tempting for me Ellie! Havent even tried looking into local breeders cos I know I wouldnt be able to stop myself!

A lavender is lovely, but I especially love the sound of the pewter (if I had a wish list that would definitely be on it!)

I know what you mean about never having hatchlings. I have only had my 2 as adults and when I see pics of hatchlings on here I am convinced that I would break them if I handled them! But at least you know what you are doing and are a confident handler when it comes time to 'tame' them. What fun!

Good luck with your search for info....and remember to ask any questions you cant find answers to - I cant help but there are enough hatchling owners on here who will be able to!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2010 :  13:57:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
congrats on the (soon to be) new arrivals!

housing wise, those exo terra large/xlarge fauns are great, you can get a heatmat big enough for both of them to go on top of (chances are you could then use it in a wooden viv later on), loo rolls, cardboard boxes, egg tubs, anything like that can be used as hides and you can fit loads of them in while they are small - aura has got 4 loo rolls, a log, a vine and a pate pot that was turned into a hide
kitchen towel can be used for a substrate although you can use aspen or paper shreddings aswell,

which breeder you getting them from?

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2010 :  13:59:18  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Happy for you!
And remember..
Pics as soon as you can..! [:P}
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2010 :  17:54:23  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
blimy it would be reeeeli dangerous 4 me 2 find a breeder near me i'll be 4eva gettin snakes (although not got the money atm :()

cant wait to see piccies of them, Hatchlings are great... getting to see them grow from young is amazing :)

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

Sizzlesmum
Hatchling

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2010 :  20:05:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone

Judith it was so difficult to choose, they have really nice snakes and not just corns. Hubby said I could have two and ONLY two lol

Hannah thank you so much for the advice. I would never have thought of putting two fauns on one heatmat. The breeders are A C Snakes. On the site you can see the Dam and Sire of the hatchlings

Just so excited and at the same time nervous that they hatch ok etc. I'll keep you all up to date with any news I get

Go to Top of Page

josh9961
Hatchling

United Kingdom
381 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2010 :  20:16:27  Show Profile  Click to see josh9961's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hatchlings are so cute :) They have sweet little faces

2.3 Corn Snakes
0.1 Bci
1.0 Spur thighed Tortoise
0.0.15 Stick insects
0.0.1 Shield Mantis
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2010 :  22:20:30  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Adam at AC is a great guy, you'll not go wrong there :)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Sizzlesmum
Hatchling

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2010 :  19:11:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

Adam at AC is a great guy, you'll not go wrong there :)

Thanks eeji I was hoping you would say that lol

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000