Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

15 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2010 :  19:49:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Finally managed to upload my pictures on here. hope they turn out ok!! Introducing little Ripley...

We aren't sure if it's a girl or a boy yet, but it shed it's skin the other day and the tail is looking very long. hmmm...

Ripley is a lovely snake! he's never bitten me, rattled it's tail once or twice but has never bitten. i love this little guy/girl lol.
And finally i gotta show you this picture, Shows how brave this little snakey is. He started crawling down towards my new little kitten whilst she was distracted!. i didn't let the snake get too close though lol but the kitten fell asleep shortly after and ripley started climbing all over her! made me laugh quite a bit ...

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2010 :  19:53:49  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Lovely snakie..!
The first pic is funny because he/she looks green!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

15 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2010 :  19:56:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks.

Haha sorry about that! my camera is crappy and so are my photo taking skills hehe. but yh his viv has a green light, i think it's reflecting off that. Or i could just lie and say... it's a new morph ;) LOL
Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2010 :  20:00:33  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The new morph verson is cooler..!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

15 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2010 :  20:01:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
haha cheers, hasn't got a name though lol
Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2010 :  20:04:32  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hmmm.. Let's see.. Greeny?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

15 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2010 :  20:05:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hmm mabye not technical enough lol. mabye christmas tree morph?? i mean white corns are snow corns. i'll name it after a tree LOL
Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2010 :  20:07:29  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That's a good idea!
Love it..!
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2010 :  20:07:35  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Awww so very cute!
Swamp morph? XD

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

15 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2010 :  20:08:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you.
Haha yh swamp morph is a good one too!
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2010 :  20:26:46  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mozacchio

Hmmm.. Let's see.. Greeny?

Greanery

Lovely little snake. They certainly can be curious lol. Would certainly be carefull around a kitten though.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2010 :  20:28:30  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

Greanery

Now that's an idea!
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2010 :  03:31:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ripley is absolutely gorgeous (but then I am biased !!). You can just see the lighting around him as well as on him....but I like the idea of a new morph - what about a verdure corn snake! (posh word for greenery!)

I am glad he is so good at being handled....so much of that will have to do with your confidence in handling him so therefore he feels safe and feels he can trust you. He certainly is a brave little thing - although I would echo Danny's warning about the kitten, I would hate her to turn round quickly with a claw out and catch Ripley before you could react....and we all know how fast corns and kittens are!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

15 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2010 :  13:36:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks everyone.
as for the warnings, trust me,he was safe lol. the little kitten was busy being distracted by some tip bits. She's never in the room when i handle the snake now. never had any problems lol.
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2010 :  15:07:13  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My cat would never bother my snake. My mum's and my sisters would though so they aren't allowed in the room that my snakes are in.
You know there's something called a Christmas corn that has some green markings, so maybe he's some sort of anery christmas corn :D

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2010 :  16:26:31  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

My cat would never bother my snake. My mum's and my sisters would though so they aren't allowed in the room that my snakes are in.
You know there's something called a Christmas corn that has some green markings, so maybe he's some sort of anery christmas corn :D

I've nevr heard of one of them.

Edit - I did find an easter corn though.

A little bit of photoshopping works wonders.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Edited by - DannyBrown91 on 16/04/2010 16:29:10
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2010 :  16:43:39  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ohhh I've seen eater corn before he is very beautiful! He must like chocolate covered mice. :D

As for Christmas corns I had never heard of them either until I looked through a book today. It says that it is just a normal but as it gets older, the black looks like it has some green to it.

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2010 :  16:48:57  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I found this over on the "dark side"

quote:
They're another Hypomelanistic-effect gene that also appears to enhance red colouration. It is however not completely tested and proven that it is NOT a modifier on all existing Hypo genes... it's been tested against all four of the other proven Hypo-type genes (Hypomelanistic, Lava, Sunkissed and Ultra) and produced normals, but I do not know if it was tested against the unproven Strawberry.

Not easy to get genuine Christmas Hypos over here - plenty of normal hypos labeled as Christmases in shops, but I wouldn't be sure that they'd be genetic Christmas Hypos...

Your best bet to get hold of one is to import one from a breeder working with them in the States. Try Joe Pierce of Snakes Alive... he mentioned on a recent thread on another forum that he's produced some from hets; I don't know if he's selling any any time soon, but he might know of folks who've got them available.

I don't know how much truth there is to it but seems possible.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2010 :  17:22:17  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ripley is goregeous!

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

441 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2010 :  20:39:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

The only Corn I know with green is the Green Blotch Snow.
It is a selectively bred Snow.

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2010 :  21:23:18  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have never heard of a green blotched snow before. I had never even knew green morphs of corns existed until today XD

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000