Page: of 3

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2010 :  09:59:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Twi

I can'y wait to get the keys o: ........ I just wanna get in there and measure up the rooms and get flooring in and paint it lol

Remember Twi - dont overdo it....you have ages to get it how you want it, it doesnt have to be done all at once or before baby comes.

REST!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

17 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2010 :  13:21:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi rachell i hope everything went well with the house my partner has just had a baby well he 16 days old now we just want to wish you good luck with the new baby and house from craig n sarah
Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2010 :  13:29:19  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

Remember Twi - dont overdo it....you have ages to get it how you want it, it doesnt have to be done all at once or before baby comes.

REST!

Lol don't worry I can;t do anything until mum gets back from belfast and she's stuck there cause of this volcanic ash. Copusin says it looks like its going to be several days of flights beign grounded, and thats if the volcano stops or wind changes. Driving me nuts cause I'm pretty much housebound at the moment and its making me stir crazy lol, usually i'd go for walk or something but i just walk to end of street and back and end up with cramping in stomach lol Brother threatened to come pick me up today and take me round his to see my new niece but havent heard from him yet xD

quote:
Originally posted by craig75

hi rachell i hope everything went well with the house my partner has just had a baby well he 16 days old now we just want to wish you good luck with the new baby and house from craig n sarah

Thanks and grats on baby, my sister in law had her daughter yesterday, shes adorable, but makes me wish i was closer than 8 weeks to go lol

xxx

1.0.0 Snow Motley Corn Snake. (Mouse)
1.0.0 Amel Corn Snake. (Ginger)
0.2.0 Chinese Crested Dogs. (Skeebee & Yuki)
0.1.0 Bullmastiff x American Bulldog (Tsukira)
1.1.0 Ferrets. (Spike & Buffy)
0.2.0 Aylesbury Ducks. (Crispy & Nibbles)

Edited by - Twi on 17/04/2010 13:29:56
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2010 :  13:46:19  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That is fantastic news Twi. You must feel so happy and proud of yourself. It took me ages to get my house how I wanted it so don't worry about rushing to get everything done at once, the most important thing is you and bambino. And if they are putting the kitchen in before you move in which is the most likely scenario then you will probably have a couple of weeks to get sorted before you can move in.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2010 :  17:39:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YAY!! That's so exciting. I was reading through the thread with bated breath and felt really nervous myself waiting to see what the outcome was. You must have been going nuts waiting to hear. I'm sooooo happy for you and like Kallog said, you've done this all on your own. Well done you!!!

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2010 :  08:33:00  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah I'm really happy that first off I even managed to call her back to arrange it and then that I managed to get through the days and it was worht it in the end :3 It was a very good day. Wait till wednesday to find out when I'm getting the keys now. Brother went to look around the house the other day, I hadn't told him someone was still there till Monday, made me laugh when he said he had gone into the back garden looking around and looked through the window and said to his mate mike who was with him "I'm sure there's someone in there!" But he says it looks very nice, its big and the gardens huge and has a nice stone shed in it.

Go to Top of Page

KITTYCAT
Hatchling

United Kingdom
492 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2010 :  16:47:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
congrats on the new house!

1.0.0 carolina corn (herbie)
0.1.0 snow corn (casper)
0.0.1 anery motley corn(diesel)
0.0.1 calafornia banded king snake (ozzy)
0.1.0 royal python (pandora)
0.0.1 boa constrictor (bullet)
1.0.0 weinmaraner (zac)
1.0.0 staffy (zeus)
1.1.0 cats (sophie n pepe)
0.0.1 fish (fish)

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2010 :  17:02:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
congrats, have you now got room for a rep room ?

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2010 :  18:30:56  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hahaha my poor guests going to be sleeping in the reptile room because its a 3 bedroom house so going to have a guestroom/reptile room xD

Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2010 :  09:05:21  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
sounds like a great room to me..oh yeah! sounds like my bedroom! :D

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2010 :  09:11:31  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My cousins terriefied of snakes so she will probably opt to sleep on the couch xD

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

480 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2010 :  11:38:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
such great news Twi, what a fantastic new start for you and your baby but as Judith said take it easy and make sure you rest, you have lots of time to get things just so. so very happy for you xxx

1.0.0 Amel, Steve

WISH LIST: blue tongue skink.
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2010 :  14:39:22  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
awww congrats hun... you must be sooo proud of yaself

im sooo glad that everything worked out 4 u, but ya need to take thing slowely you need to rest aswell although id be the same wantin everything done but you do have plenty of time to do it :D

but congrats again :D

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2010 :  22:07:26  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Heard about keys today, old tennants asked for more time to move so im looking at a 3-4 week wait before i get the keys

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

480 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2010 :  09:52:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh that's not good, please take it easy, i think i would do a bit at a time once you have the keys and maybe move after the baby is born now as that is going to take you dangerously close to the due date. Have you got lots of people who can help you out?

1.0.0 Amel, Steve

WISH LIST: blue tongue skink.
Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2010 :  10:53:29  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well I'm planning to atleast get my bedroom and living room decorated before I do any moving, My aunts coming with me with my next scan on the 6th and going to ask if I can get a date for being induced if I'm still on the verapamil (find out about that on 27th). Apparently Verapamil either stops or slows down natural labour so I'll get induced, not only that but midwifes worried about me getting pre-eclampsia because I've had my face swelling and bad swelling of my hands (they swell up so much I can't bend them sometimes) and I've been seeing spots and feeling very nausious all day long. but my blood pressure is currently 135/75 so not quite high enough for diagnosis and i only have traces of protine in my urine test. So I've pretty much been told only do what I really have to do (sorting out pets mostly and cooking) and spend the rest of the time trying to relax and not stressing about everything lol but plans are when i get the house, I get to go choose flooring for livingroom and bedroom (maybe babys room too if grant comes through in time) I decide what colours and where its going then I get to watch brother decorate lol mum and brother and his mate are going to be doing all the moving i get to just decide where everythings going. Then I can work on the rest of the house slowly two main rooms will be ready before i move in properly :3 but all in all i pretty much just point and shout orders lol

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2010 :  03:26:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like you have made a plan Rachell, which is really good. I am sorry it is going to take so long before you can get in and you do have to remember that you are top of the priority list now because of that baby inside you! So get as much help as you can to do everything. I did wonder about the pre-eclampsia, so am not surprised that the midwife is going to be keeping an eye on you - and the best thing for that is REST otherwise it can be dangerous to you and the baby.

I moved house when my first child was 2 weeks old (admittedly only from one side of a semi-detached to the other) but I had the support of an OH and family around me. We generally lived in 2 rooms cos the rest of the house was being completed and decorated....and I remember rushing around, dusting and hooving, panicking, every time the health visitor was due because I was convinced I would have the baby taken away from me for having her living in those conditions! Looking back I know how silly that was but it is also what hormones and being a new mum does to you.

Is there any help you can get from social services or volunteer agencies or your local church that could help you get set up? It may be worthwhile looking in to that.

If you have to remain on the Verapamil and it can slow down natural labour, you may have to get your head around the fact that the only option will be a C-section. Think about that now so it is not a surprise if it is mentioned - and just remember that it doesnt matter how the baby arrives as long as he arrives safely and you are ok.

I cannot stress enough the need for you to REST and avoid stress at the moment. I know this is hard for you in the best of circumstances, but you have been dealing with your mum being away brilliantly - just look at what you have achieved....dealing with the council, sorting out getting the midwife to see you - be proud of yourself!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2010 :  16:11:27  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Just got call from HA, I get the keys to house on friday :D Meet her at the house at 3pm to go through paper work, look around the house and get the keys. Must remember tape measure and camera so i can measure up rooms and take pictures \o/
Now all i have to do is wait to see an advisor from shelter to see if theres anyway i could get around the tennancy agreement only alowing one dog @.@

Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2010 :  23:40:06  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
aww thats great news hun.. good luck with tommorow

hopes ya get to sort something with ya doggies to... only letting one... well thats inconsiderate lol hehe ;)

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2010 :  23:47:48  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I could understand them only saying one if they were big dogs, but they aren't they tiny, they like same size as cats, they dont care i have two cats and 3 snakes but they are determined im only allowed one dog. Which wouldn't be so bad but two out of the three i have pine till they nearly nothing if i leave them for more than a week. All i want is for them to let me keep those two lol one of thems coming up to 9 now as well so i dont see why it would be such a problem.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000