Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2010 :  18:07:20  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have someone coming around from a housing assosiation tomorrow to ask me some questions to decide if they're going to give a house they have available to me or the other person that have been nominated for it. I was seriously stressing out about it yesterday, today I'm just nervous as hell. Been trying to get the place spotless (Well as spotless as you can get a place when most of the stuff is packed in boxes lol) but thats been hard cause I've been having contractions. They been the same all day mum thinks just braxton hicks contractions, I'm not going to worry about that unless they get closer together or my waters break, babys moving around as normal, just uncomfortable when I move around while having them lol so its making cleaning slow. Anyway so this womans coming ay 2:30 tomorrow, she tried to reasure me that she would just be asking a few questions to help with their pointing system to decide who to give the house, and then I will find out in the evening if I got it or not. I'm trying not to get my hopes up incase I don't get it, its exciting to think I could have a house before baby comes so I could get it sorted in time to bring him home, but I'm tryign to keep in mind that I might not get it. But whats bothering me is the fact I have to meet this woman alone cause mums in belfast and she couldn't wait till 21st because the house is ready to let begining of the week so they want to come to a decision by friday evening, i have social phobea so the fact I've even agreed to meet her is a huuge thing, now i just have to make sure i don't freak out have a panic attack and not answer the door in the morning lol
Wish me luck!
ooo and I got my moses basket for baby today so I'm happy about that xD here's a pic, bump got in pic too lol

1.0.0 Snow Motley Corn Snake. (Mouse)
1.0.0 Amel Corn Snake. (Ginger)
0.2.0 Chinese Crested Dogs. (Skeebee & Yuki)
0.1.0 Bullmastiff x American Bulldog (Tsukira)
1.1.0 Ferrets. (Spike & Buffy)
0.2.0 Aylesbury Ducks. (Crispy & Nibbles)

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2010 :  18:15:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ooh, Rachell that's really exciting and scarey too all at the same time! Is there anyone you know who would come and sit with you whilst the HA person comes? It might just help to take the pressure off a little if there is an extra person in the room so you don't feel like all the focus is on you to make small talk and eye contact and all that stuff.

Just remember to play down the support your mum gives you and play up all the reasons you, your baby and your mum need your own space. You don't want them to think you are too comfortable living with mum. Hope it goes well, Sam

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2010 :  18:23:58  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well I have mentioned to her that my mum hasnt been able to afford the rent and cause shes a student nurse she cant get housing benefit so we'll be evicted soon cause shes over £2000 behind in the rent. so that and the fact i'm pregnant and close to dropping should help me, i have gone up from 60 points to 80 with the council which is why they nominated me for this house so soon.
I was hoping my aunt might be able to come down and sit with me for some support but my uncles working so she can't get here. But I guess at the end of the day, if I get the house It was all worth it, and if I don't atleast I will be able to say i did it and pat myself on the back lol I just wish it was over with already tomorrow seems so far away and today seems to be dragging.

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2010 :  18:43:25  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Awww cute basket ^^

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2010 :  18:57:53  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Good luck with tomorrow..!
Nice basket!
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 15/04/2010 :  19:02:08  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Good luck with the house and the visit tomorrow. I'm sure you'll have learned some relaxing breathing techniques from your ante-natal classes, try to do some before hand and you'll be fine. Just don't over-do it!!
I would have thought that being cramped and living in limited space with packing boxes should go to your credits (score) for getting a home of your own, especially with a baby due.
Those BH contractions can be quite painful at times! At least they show the uterus has a good idea of what to do and is having little practise sessions!!
Best of luck, fingers crossed. Keep us informed.....

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2010 :  01:48:05  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
aww good luck 2mora... hope it goes alright hun

let us know... fingers crossed 4 u

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2010 :  04:46:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Rachell, I know how much you want this and I also know how terrifying this must be for you to deal with on your own....but you can do this and you must keep telling yourself that. You are about to become a mum and you have been strong enough to handle this pregnancy and all the **** that has gone along with it regarding personal stuff. I know your mum has been there with you through it all, but you must also realise that you can do this.

I will echo what Sammy has said, dont let on to the council lady how much you rely on your mum. She needs to see that you are standing on your own two feet and are trying to provide for your baby and help out your mum at the same time - you are being both an amazing mum and amazing daughter....so show her that.

You need to slow down and dont panic. Stop rushing around and trying to straighten things up and move boxes etc. That is the worst thing you can do at the moment. You need to look at what is most important and the council woman will realise that what is important is the situation you are in and that you cant bring a baby into that situation.

I am glad you are being realistic and realising that there is a chance you wont get this house....because unfortunately life can be unfair. But I do hope and pray that it all works out ok.

Before she arrives sit down quietly, listen to some music or watch some tv, have a cup of tea, do some deep breathing....whatever you need to do to relax. I am sure you have been taught some coping techniques to deal with your phobia so use them now. Then, when she comes, dont see her as someone who has come to interview you but just as a friend who is not a threat but has just come for a chat. Who knows, she may be as nervous as you are. Maybe try and imagine your mum there with you and try and think about what she would say to you to keep you calm and what questions she would ask the woman and what information she would tell her - you know your mum well enough to be able to do that.

The most important thing is to believe in yourself, that you can do this. Trust yourself Twi....I think you are a lot stronger than you give yourself credit for and I know this is a really big step for you to be meeting this woman alone, but it is actually a really good thing for you to be doing - so be proud of yourself for even agreeing to do it!!

Will be thinking of you at 2.30pm.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2010 :  09:10:32  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Will be thinking of you today hun. I really hope it all works out for you. Remember we are all there with you too.

GOOD LUCK GOOD LUCK GOOD LUCK

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2010 :  09:18:11  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Just got some woken up by some good news, gonna try keeping positive today, day has started out good lets hope it ends just as good :3 About to get up and do some cleaning, 5 hours till she's here. gonna let the dogs have play in the garden while I sort out the hallway and living room :)

Edit: Just finished pottering around the living room, feeling good, little nervous but, the pottering is distracting me from thinking about it. Gonna start ont he hallway taking it nice and slow least i'm not getting contractions today :3

Edited by - Twi on 16/04/2010 11:03:56
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2010 :  11:16:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
good luck hun, just relax and you'll be fine,
very cute basket..my friends baby has a similar one

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2010 :  14:37:23  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Got a call to say she's running 15 minutes late and should be here by 2:45, i can't sit still, pacing living room, just want it over with now lol

Go to Top of Page

Mishkaa
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
29 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2010 :  14:57:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everyone has given you such good advice...just to let you know I am thinking of you too...

Good Luck

Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2010 :  14:58:53  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Good luck! you'll be fine! :D:D
xx

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2010 :  15:31:51  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
SQUEE! She's just been around. The other person pulled out and she said the house it mine if I want it! \o/

Go to Top of Page

Lilpunk
Yearling

512 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2010 :  16:12:10  Show Profile  Click to see Lilpunk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That's such good news! And I'm sure the inspection went fine So pleased it went so well!

0.0.1 Carolina corn - (renamed) Lumos.
2.0.0 Shetlands - Winston & Rupert.
1.3.0 Guinea pigs - Coffee, Nutkin, Rosemary & Thyme.
0.1.0 Yorkshire Terrier - Poppy.
Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2010 :  16:19:24  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeahy!! *hugs*

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2010 :  18:48:24  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
So pleased for you......it was meant to be! Hope you feel much less stressed now. Today has been a very eventful one for you, won't forget it in a hurry

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2010 :  20:50:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thats fantastic!!
bet thats a huge relief for you

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2010 :  05:10:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Twi

SQUEE! She's just been around. The other person pulled out and she said the house it mine if I want it! \o/

I agree with Herriotfan - it was obviously meant to be and now you have the house that you, your baby and your mum need.

Do you know what is even more amazing and something you must hang on to and remember despite all the excitement of getting the house??? YOU DID THIS BY YOURSELF!! You faced your phobia, you controlled yourself, you met with her and you did a great job - be proud of yourself Twi....I know I am very proud of you cos I know how hard this was for you to do. So dont lose sight of that in all the excitement of getting the house.

Now you need to make sure you rest and dont overdo it packing up and getting over-excited! Just remember you need to look after yourself and your little one....and you have made the first major step in doing that by sorting out somewhere for you to live!

Well done !

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2010 :  07:00:14  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I can'y wait to get the keys o: not sure when though, sometime next week she said hopefully. She said they get the keys back on Monday, then they will check over the electrics to make sure everythings safe. She said they were getting new kitchens but didnt say if it would be before or after I move in lol. All I do know is it'll be after wednesday I get the keys cause she isn't in work till then. I just wanna get in there and measure up the rooms and get flooring in and paint it lol

Edited by - Twi on 17/04/2010 07:01:34
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000