New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kazzaboobers
Egg

United Kingdom
64 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  00:24:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok for anyone I haven't met yet - and thank you for all the warm welcomes BTW - we got our Sookie on Thursday last weekend when we picked her up she was in a smallish tub - the guy advised us not to buy anything too big and so we ended up getting the medium breeding box - measuring 11" by 6.5". Sookie is 10 months old and watching her just now checking out the box she must be 1.5 foot - therefore if i am understanding the rule right is slightly bigger then the length and the width of the box.

So what do i do - she seems to be settling well into the box and def wouldn't be thinking of moving her any time soon - but i do feel a little cross that maybe we should have bought one of the bigger Faunariums - I asked the guy about this and he said at the time well you would have to pad it out with lots of stuff - in hindsight im thinking that would have been better.

So the question - does she need moving to a bigger space and of so when and how big - do we go for a faunarium and if so how long do they normally last in there - or do we go for a small viv - 2ft maybe? but make sure we get the seals that we have seen for the glass doors? Any a ideas greatly appreciated - cheers

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  00:30:15  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I would save a little money and get either a large flat faunarium which would do her untill shes around 2.5 foot long then you could move her into a 3 foot vivarium or you could get a RUB which come in varius different sizes so could get one to do her untill shes around 3 foot at which point she could move into a 3 foot vivarium where she will likely be able to live for the rest of her adult life.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Kazzaboobers
Egg

United Kingdom
64 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  00:39:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi thanks DannyBrown - How soon would you make the swap? - am thinking we could then use the small faunarium she is in now for feeding? Any thoughts?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000