night glo
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

phil2
Hatchling

114 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  15:29:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will this be a good idea a night glo. It won't add heat or need to be controlled and be good to view my corn.

1 adult striped corn snake

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  16:40:34  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Would be better if you could show us exactly what it is you would be using but i imagine it would be fine.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  17:02:00  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm assuming you mean the little night-glo bulbs?
They'll be ok in the viv, but you might still need a guard of some kind because they can still get hot.

A lot of people use the LED strip lights as the light for viewing their snakes because they let of nearly no heat so don't need a guard and they're usually in 12 inch flexi strips as well.
Do a search for LED on here and you'll get a few responses for them.
My local PamPurredPets has the aquarium led's on offer at the moment for 2.49, the power unit costs an extra few quid, but it's well worth it for having a light source that can be left unguarded and unstat'd.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

headlow
Hatchling

130 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  17:04:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It depends what type of viv you have. The Exo Terra Night Glo range is designed for glass vivs. Personally I use the higher wattage night glo's for night time heat in my wooden vivs (statted and guarded) because I'm in a converted attic that can get very cold.

For night time viewing and little heat output you'd be better with the lucky reptile moonlight range.
You could even type nightime viewing into eBay and you'll get loads of results showing adhesive led strips......I have these in one of my viv's and they are very good.

1.0.0 Snow Corn
Go to Top of Page

Fernando Pierre
Hatchling

South Africa
224 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  19:06:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
its okay i have 1 in 1 of the vivs its not the greatest it send like beams of light that only weaker eyes can noteses.
it fine if u are showing people your corn but dont leave it on all night and day the snakie is not to fond of it!

1.0.0 Snow Corn- Diablo
1.0.0 Ball Python
1.0.0 Tri-coloured honduran - Feta (R.I.P. my love!!!You will never be forgoten!)

Go to Top of Page

phil2
Hatchling

114 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  22:48:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ryt ok thanks i didnt get it as it was just the bulb lol

1 adult striped corn snake
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: