Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  19:32:53  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

the whiteness is normal and nothing to worry about :)

@ herriotfan thankfully theres no standards and no 'crufts' type thing for cornsnakes and I hope it stays this way. I'd hate to see snakes go down the same sad road that 'show dogs' have.

Yup some of the rules on showing dogs are stupid, with crested, powderpuffs can have ears up or down, but with the hairless they have to have ears up or they get kicked out of show ring, so very annoying, I'm waiting to see if Yuki's ears go back up when she's finished teething, she's such a good looking dog I think she could do well in shows but if her ears don't go back up she can't do anything (Not that it would make any difference I'd still love her to pieces anyway lol just such a shame). Papillons are worse, if the patches on their face dont cover both eyes and ears then they cant be shown, even if one patch only covers half of the eye its no good, this means a lot of litters bred for show end up being shown for pets in best cases (I've heard some terrible stories :/) I think if they ever decided to do the same thing with snakes would be very bad news cause patterning is even more unpredictable with them o:

1.0.0 Snow Motley Corn Snake. (Mouse)
1.0.0 Amel Corn Snake. (Ginger)
0.2.0 Chinese Crested Dogs. (Skeebee & Yuki)
0.1.0 Bullmastiff x American Bulldog (Tsukira)
1.1.0 Ferrets. (Spike & Buffy)
0.2.0 Aylesbury Ducks. (Crispy & Nibbles)

Go to Top of Page

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  19:39:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
obviously without silly crufts rules (that papillon thing is ridiculous!) a snake show sounds quite fun ;)
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  19:47:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that really would be fun!!

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  21:21:08  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i don't think it would be fun, i think it would be the first step onto the slippery slope of silliness. I'll stick to friendly forum photo competitions :D

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  22:03:28  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

i don't think it would be fun, i think it would be the first step onto the slippery slope of silliness. I'll stick to friendly forum photo competitions :D

Indeed, otherwise before we knew it there would be all sorts of silly rules and snakes with conjoined saddles wouldn't be able to be shown.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  22:11:41  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I dunno if it was like ferret shows it would be fun, they are just an excuse to show off your cute fuzzy ferret, get together with other ferret lovers and meet other ferrets lol :3

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  22:18:00  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Twi

I dunno if it was like ferret shows it would be fun, they are just an excuse to show off your cute fuzzy ferret, get together with other ferret lovers and meet other ferrets lol :3

Ahh thats why we have this forum

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  22:39:40  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
maybe a show would be a good idea, us snakey types are far too silly to be serious! :D

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2010 :  10:40:51  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
HAHAHA with obsticle courses, and prizes for the snake who gets round it. I have images in my head of 'school sports day', but for snakes!

Prizes can be new hides, plastic/silk plants, vines, bits of wood etc! :D

I'm trying to figure out how to put medals or rosettes on snakes - they'd slither out.

(That reminds me, I went into a shop to get some wood for the viv, and this lady asked me why I was getting wood, so I said I had a snake, and she asked me if I took it for walks with a lead.........I only just managed to stop myself laughing maniacally at her.......the image still kills me!)

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2010 :  10:55:00  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mouse

(That reminds me, I went into a shop to get some wood for the viv, and this lady asked me why I was getting wood, so I said I had a snake, and she asked me if I took it for walks with a lead.........I only just managed to stop myself laughing maniacally at her.......the image still kills me!)

How the hell would you put a lead on a snake

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

Lilpunk
Yearling

512 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2010 :  15:19:32  Show Profile  Click to see Lilpunk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That actaully made me lol xD

Lil xx

0.0.1 Carolina corn - (renamed) Lumos.
2.0.0 Shetlands - Winston & Rupert.
1.3.0 Guinea pigs - Coffee, Nutkin, Rosemary & Thyme.
0.1.0 Yorkshire Terrier - Poppy.
Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2010 :  15:23:08  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

quote:

o.o its hard enough keeping leads on ferrets and they got legs, i cant imagin how you'd keep one on a snake lmao

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2010 :  18:22:01  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

quote:

A little mussle thing around it's face and that attaches onto the neck.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2010 :  18:52:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
haha lol

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 14/04/2010 :  14:08:45  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I had to explain that the lead and collar would stay still, and the snake would slither through it. She seemed confused. I would have gone into more detail, but was with the folks and they needed to get on. The lady behind the till was blatantly trying not to giggle.

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly