New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Lilpunk
Yearling

512 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  20:42:19  Show Profile  Click to see Lilpunk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi, noticed this a while ago (at least a couple of months actually) but I figured it was just her colours changing, but now I'm curious.

On Dimika's saddles (nearly every one) towards the middle there is a faded band that looks more like her non-saddled skin colour than her saddled one. I don't know what it is, and it doesn't seem to be getting any worse at the moment. Could it be genetic?

I'll try and get some picture up soon to show you what I mean a little more helpfully There is no damage as far as I can see to the scales affected, just thought it was strange.

Thanks!

0.0.1 Carolina corn - (renamed) Lumos.
2.0.0 Shetlands - Winston & Rupert.
1.3.0 Guinea pigs - Coffee, Nutkin, Rosemary & Thyme.
0.1.0 Yorkshire Terrier - Poppy.

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  20:44:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have got this on my ghost corn, in the middle of all his saddles he has faded patches, mine also has a really dark black line near the bottom of him that looks like his spine, just a blacl line, i will also get picks of this once he has finished digestion.

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  20:45:09  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Caspers saddles sound similar, through the middle of her larger saddles she has a faded bit where it is like a white stripe.

I'll get some pics up in a bit and you might be able to see what i mean.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Lilpunk
Yearling

512 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  20:46:45  Show Profile  Click to see Lilpunk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys x) feel better knowing it isn't just the one odd corn (sorry Dimika!)

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  20:52:09  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I will be uploading a couple of casper soon as i took some earlier on, you might be able to see the faded lines in one of the pics but my camera isn't great as its just a phone camera.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  21:14:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think Goonie has some too
like this?

to me it almost looks like two saddles didnt form too well and decided to be a big lazy one instead
i havent got a clue really though :P

Edited by - Figs on 11/04/2010 21:20:10
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  21:18:15  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Figs

i think Goonie has some too

to me it almost looks like two saddles didnt form too well and decided to be a big lazy one instead
i havent got a clue really though :P

Reggie has 2 saddles which have sort of pratially joined to become one, but i think what lilpunk is talking about is a faded line through the saddle.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  22:41:57  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Char has quite a few sadles like this and some of her babies have like 1 or 2 like this.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  03:46:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kellog and Silvesta are the same....they have fading in some of their saddles. Kellog also has a 'half saddle' about two-thirds down his body (which I never noticed until a forum member pointed it out in a pic ) and Silvesta has 2 saddles joined by a 'lightening' like slash.

Personally I think it looks pretty and makes them more individual.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  04:33:25  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
As a complete novice to the snake world can I ask what difference this makes? Is it like Crufts in the dog world? Does every snake have to meet a certain critiera/standard?
If that is the case then I'm afraid I have the same opinion as I do for dogs.......no others are a patch on mine so what's the point of them even trying!! I would hope you all share this opinion!!!!!!!!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  07:20:13  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I can't tell if you like crufts thee or not >.<

To me, a corn snake is a corn snake. A lot of the colour morphs look exactly like other ones to me and I think odd markings are quite sweet and it's interesting to see how hey change when they get older.

I will have to study Char some more after she has shed and see if the line fades as well.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Lilpunk
Yearling

512 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  08:43:25  Show Profile  Click to see Lilpunk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I don't mind about the faded patches herriotfan... I was merely pointing it out as I always wondered what they were.

Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  09:39:31  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
on Sprockett as she grew the faded band extended and some of the saddles with the faint patch turned into 2 saddles. Dunno if that's normal, just something I kept an interested eye on. Don't have many pics tho, as it was a few years ago now!

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  09:41:18  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
oooh - apart from my sig! you can see where the 4th one in from the right hand side has mostly split up! (she has 2 definate seperate ones there now, as this pic was 2008!)

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Lilpunk
Yearling

512 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  09:43:50  Show Profile  Click to see Lilpunk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That's interesting Mouse! Thank you for sharing

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  17:48:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
argggh, i cannot take a pic of monty cuz he has just eaten on sat but as soon as he gives me th ego ahed i will get some pics.

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Lilpunk
Yearling

512 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  18:01:03  Show Profile  Click to see Lilpunk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
DannyBrown91 has some on his pictures of Casper and Candy, thanks though reptiledanny

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  18:20:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ye i seen them, but i wanted to see if anyone new what the huge line down his back was, a big black line down his spine.

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  18:26:35  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If he was fed saturday night, should be ok to get a few pics tonight.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  18:32:55  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the whiteness is normal and nothing to worry about :)

@ herriotfan thankfully theres no standards and no 'crufts' type thing for cornsnakes and I hope it stays this way. I'd hate to see snakes go down the same sad road that 'show dogs' have.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  18:52:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have posted picks up of monty on the photo section called "monty's back" it shows the black line on his tail on the first and second pick and then the fadings on the 3rd.

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000