Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  01:24:17  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Not a reptile, but Japan is pretty exotic

Here is my baby Sasha when we first got her in January, we got her when she was 8 weeks old but in these pics she is between 9-10 weeks.

Here she is now just over 2 moths on. She is now 18 weeks old i think so almost 5 months.

Going all playfull.

She moved lol

Will get another pic of her in the morning playing with her Sully teddy so you can see how much bigger she has gotten in the couple of moths we have had her.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  08:41:02  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That's a cute dog!
She seems very playful..!
I used to have a dog and i miss him so much..
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  09:28:24  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
She is gorgeous! I love dogs with a bit of character and it's easy to see she has oodles of it!! ;)

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  10:18:21  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Awwwww she's adorable!

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  11:22:52  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by herriotfan

She is gorgeous! I love dogs with a bit of character and it's easy to see she has oodles of it!! ;)

She certainly does, she's just come upstairs now and woke me up lol.

She jumps on my bed and licks me or robs my covers...

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  15:41:36  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Some more pics.

Sasha mauling sully.

What happens when you try to rescure sully.

One dead sully with a 2Ltr bottle of coke.

I actually couldn't believe it myself when i seen the difference on that old pic on my phone. When we got her we took her to the vets to get her jabs and she weighed just over 4KG we took her back the vets around 2 weeks ago to get a worm and flea treatment and she weighed over 12KG

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  15:52:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
shes gooooorgeous
in the first pic she looks like a big fluffy teddybear toy.. ah they dont stay small for long
shes great ...ever so slightly jealous!

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  17:08:16  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

shes gooooorgeous
in the first pic she looks like a big fluffy teddybear toy.. ah they dont stay small for long
shes great ...ever so slightly jealous!

Yer she was like a big teddy bear lol. I used to have to carry her around everywhere when we went out to the vets or anything and now she just pulls me everywhere lol.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

tinamiles
Hatchling

United Kingdom
255 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  17:14:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i am actually grabbing my keys while i type this and am on my way to steal her! She is Gorgeous!!! soo wish i wasnt allergic to alot of dogs :(

1.1 Cornsnake: Fluffy and Blaze
1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa: Falcor
0.1 Bearded dragon: Chilli
1.1 Cats: Jackson and Mia
1.0 Fiance: Ade :)
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  19:02:30  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tinamiles

i am actually grabbing my keys while i type this and am on my way to steal her! She is Gorgeous!!! soo wish i wasnt allergic to alot of dogs :(

Ahh you wouldnt want her then, she moults very heavilly twice a year and is extremely mischievious. As im typing she is running around the house soaking wet because my brother was in the shower and she decided to jump in with him lmao...

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  20:10:55  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Awwwwww is she fully grown yet? Or has she a way to go as she looks like a cute short wolf at the moment.

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  20:39:16  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

Awwwwww is she fully grown yet? Or has she a way to go as she looks like a cute short wolf at the moment.

Shes still got some way too go, she should get to between 35 and 40KG currently probably around 13KG.

Japanese Akita's are in some way or another realted to wolves

They are really inteligent dogs and if you have a little search on google you will read some amazing stories about them.

Anybody seen the advert for the film Hochi? We read th story on the net when we were reading about akitas. Hochiko was a Japanese Akita who would walk his owner to the train station every morning, go home and then be back in time to meet his owner getting off the train. His owner died of a heart attack whilst at work and everyday the dog would walk to the train station and wait for his owner, when the dog died they put up a statue in his honor which still stands :)

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  21:09:56  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My god, she could weigh as much as an adult? Wow I thought those dogs were small. They are very very cute though :3

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  21:56:13  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Indeed, they're classed as a large dog. Shes 5 months old next tuesday and won't be fully grown untill around 18 months i think.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Edited by - DannyBrown91 on 01/04/2010 21:58:37
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  22:10:15  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Eeeee I just looked at some of them full grown on Google and they are adorable as well! Are they easy to train? Or are they similar to Huskies in that way?

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  22:56:40  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My sister used to breed Akitas. Stunning dogs. As a little comparison, I once had a rescue dog. It was a large crossbreed and when he was castrated at 7 months old he weighed in at a huge 45kg. I had to return him to the rescue for various reasons. It fair broke my heart as he was my baby. I would love to see how big he has got.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2010 :  00:42:00  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
They are very intelligent but are notoriously strong willed and if you don't show them that you are the alfa male then they can be very hard to train. Sasha is just starting to listen now, she knows if she has done something wrong. I think its quite funny when you shout at her though, because they are so family orientated its like shouting at a child lol, she just goes to her bed and has a little sulk then comes in 10 mins later looks at you and gives you a little cuddle hehe.

Yes some of the Akita crosses can get very large, American Akitas which are essentially Akitas crossed with German shepards get pretty big. Im not sure ours is fully japanese as the person we got her off didn't have papers for the male, the female was full japanese and the mother of the male was full japanese but the stud didn't have papers so sashas dad didn't have papers. She looks full japanese, you can normly tell by the face and many crosses have shorter chubbier muzzles and often have black faces. But its safe too assume she is atleast like 90% japanese.

She's already getting pretty protective, shes ok with any lad mates i have but when ever i speak to any girls she goes ona little mad one. Pretty wary of strangers aswell, she jumped at the parcelforce man the other day hehe. Im sure she will calm down when she gets used to seeing strangers all the time.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2010 :  20:03:12  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Wow!
She is an absolutly awesome looking dog!
Cool photos, Danny!

www.youtube.com/BlueTongueDan
Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2010 :  21:09:41  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Extreamly cute , and extreamly jelous you did well Danny on picking this breed.

I will post pics of my rare dog when i have time.

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2010 :  23:12:56  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hiper2009

Extreamly cute , and extreamly jelous you did well Danny on picking this breed.

I will post pics of my rare dog when i have time.

It was between a Japanese Akita and a Husky. My mum favoured the husky more and i favoured the akita more, at first she didnt like them because she was just searching for akita and was seeing some of the american ones but when she started looking into it and i was showing her different things about akitas she quickly decided that the akita was the best.

I think it was the fact that they are so good with kids that swung it as my sister is only 19 months old.

Got to say though sasha is really gentle when she plays with georgia, its just me she savages haha.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Edited by - DannyBrown91 on 02/04/2010 23:13:54
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2010 :  23:57:53  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think you made the right choice. As lovely as Huskies are, you can very risky to let them off a lead and they also love to live outside rather than inside other wise their coats can go funny apprently :(

The Japanese Akita's are so much prettier than the American ones.. I think it's the fluffyness :3

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000