Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 reptile accesories do you stock in the event of!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2010 :  04:05:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

I have a spare mat or two, a mat stat, ho****er bottle, large plastic tub and a small viv.

Swearing Matty??? You are going to get your hand slapped !

Polcher - those Atheris hispida look amazing ! Am not surprised you couldnt resist them.....

Have really learnt a lot from this thread - only have kitchen roll and substrate , so really need to get a spare heatmat and stat asap (or as soon as I can convince my OH, which may not be quite as asap as I would want ). Think some of the Reptiboost would be a good idea too with having 2 snakes gone horny.

The sooner you get that first aid kit sorted GP the better!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2010 :  15:31:45  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have just bought a 2ft RUB for £5. It isn't very heigh but I don't think they really need the height and I will be using it for feeding time, when I clean them out and for baths! It also has air holes already in it.

I now have some megazorb and kitchenroll is available and if there's none of that I have newspaper. For my adults, I also have like 4 months worth of food in the freezer and some spare bulbs since they are still on bulbs. When I get the new vivs and they get heatmats hopefully I will be bale to be a spare one of those.

The first aid kit would be awesome, please make/put it together.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

ari
Hatchling

United Kingdom
213 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2010 :  21:33:58  Show Profile  Visit ari's Homepage  Reply with Quote
can anyone recommend a conditioner for reptiles specifically for snakes? more of a moisturiser of some sort.
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2010 :  22:11:55  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Head and sholders...

Um I would have thought damp moss? Or a moist hide would have been better. I haven't seen anything you put on or give to snakes that makes them look glossy Unless this is what you ment
http://www.livefoodsbypost.co.uk/stress--rehydration-products-294-c.asp

I don't think there is any mite or reptile boost vitamins specificly for snakes I'm afraid, I could be wrong though. Can't recommend anything either as I have never needed anything but I would like to know if there is any good reptile boosting kinda stuff I can put in water for snakes as there is so many meds I don't understand what is useful and what's not.

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2010 :  22:23:53  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sta~ple you can get Reptiboost that you put in water, kind of like an energy drink for reptiles i think lol, good if you've got a snakey thats not eating.

As for a conditioner i'm not so sure, try not to raise the humidity too much though as you could cause scale rot or an R.I.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2010 :  22:36:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

I have a spare mat or two, a mat stat, ho****er bottle, large plastic tub and a small viv.

Health wise I have reptoboost, tamodine and another wound cleaner given to me by a vet once.

quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

Here in the UK i think the only venemous snake we can keep is a Western Hoggie

There are quite a few rear-fanged species you can keep here in the UK without a license, FWC for example.

yay im not the only one who made that mistake!!

**slaps matty on the wrist for swearing

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2010 :  22:38:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My bad

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2010 :  22:40:36  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have been eyeing up up but I have no idea how much to put in it since my babies have bottle caps and I'm no good with meaurements and weights >.<

Plus there is so many but I was thinking this http://www.livefoodsbypost.co.uk/vetark-reptoboost-100g-1353-p.asp since I think the snappy one is only snappy because he is somehow stressed into thinking I will eat him or something.

Ohhh found some stuff you can spray in the aid of shedding http://www.livefoodsbypost.co.uk/zoo-med-repti-shedding-aid-64ml-md-31-1338-p.asp
No idea if it works or if spraying water in the viv just does the same job as that.

I can't believe all the different vitamins and stuff for reptiles though and I've gotta wonder if half of them actually work or if they are needed. I should really invest in some of some of the stuff though really but they seem like such stupidly big amounts.

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2010 :  23:49:13  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

I have been eyeing up up but I have no idea how much to put in it since my babies have bottle caps and I'm no good with meaurements and weights >.<

Plus there is so many but I was thinking this http://www.livefoodsbypost.co.uk/vetark-reptoboost-100g-1353-p.asp since I think the snappy one is only snappy because he is somehow stressed into thinking I will eat him or something.

Ohhh found some stuff you can spray in the aid of shedding http://www.livefoodsbypost.co.uk/zoo-med-repti-shedding-aid-64ml-md-31-1338-p.asp
No idea if it works or if spraying water in the viv just does the same job as that.

I can't believe all the different vitamins and stuff for reptiles though and I've gotta wonder if half of them actually work or if they are needed. I should really invest in some of some of the stuff though really but they seem like such stupidly big amounts.

Many of them are, as GP was saying a cobyist probably wouldn't use it in 100 years lol. There are lots of vitamins out there but not many are needed for snakes. I think beardies need a calcium dust or something with their food, although it wouldn't hurt to give a snake some their should be sufficient amounts in the food they get.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

punumbear
Hatchling

United Kingdom
483 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2010 :  09:02:18  Show Profile  Click to see punumbear's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i got spare matts , stats, hides, fauns,water bowls.. have yet to sort a first aid kit.. got bsp drops &f10 gel(from vet) for any wounds .. and bio mist mainly to help the royal but they all get sprayed with tht..will probably sort frontline so would defo be interested if you get those snake kits sorted gp.. good idea.

love my animals more than i like people.
the gang
1 ridgeback
2 kids
1 anery-lil aney
1 m, 4 ft candy cane corn.. aka kellogg..
1 carolina corn-claret/carrot
Newest additon.. f whiteout corn-pastel??
1african house snake - Bob
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000