Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake - General Keeping information
 reptile accesories do you stock in the event of!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ari
Hatchling

United Kingdom
213 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2010 :  21:47:52  Show Profile  Visit ari's Homepage  Reply with Quote
so just wondered what conditioners, treatments and other things you guys all stocked in the event of something happening.

an example zoo meds mite off in the case of a mite infection etc.. be cool to see what things are popular and working too.

Edited by - HannahB on 25/03/2010 22:00:32

ari
Hatchling

United Kingdom
213 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2010 :  21:49:10  Show Profile  Visit ari's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sorry typo in the header meant to read event not avent! produces and error when i try to edit
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2010 :  21:52:24  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
To be honest, nothing. But if something did go wrong I would hope my nearest petshop would have something for mites and stuff. I think I will go and check next time I'm in now...

I have spare kitchen roll or other bedding if that counts.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2010 :  22:00:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have a massive supply of kitchen towel (just incase we do get mites in which case all of them will be put onto kitchen towel), i also have a thing of shed aid (was for q but could use it with all of them i suppose) and iv got reptiboost for aura but same as with the shed aid it could be used for all of them
oh and i also have some hot water bottles aside just incase the power goes down, and i have a spare stat and heatmat..just in case

slaps hannah on the hand to swearing again -sexychef

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Edited by - sexychef on 25/03/2010 22:29:10
Go to Top of Page

ari
Hatchling

United Kingdom
213 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2010 :  23:10:13  Show Profile  Visit ari's Homepage  Reply with Quote
now thats well prep'd hannah lol.
so i have, a spare thermostat, just upgraded mine, and uve convinced me to keep the other as a spare. Got a wound aid from zoo med and loads of substrate. should probably order a spare heat mat too. that would be wise.
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2010 :  23:29:37  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hmm, we have reptiboost, was bought for my sisters amel stripe, hes a real problem feeder hasn't fed now for about 5 weeks and is starting to look pretty thin We also have plenty of kitchen role which can be used if any of them got mites and some spagnum moss which was bought for my sisters milk snake and my brothers ghost as they have both had bad sheds in the past, but can be used for all of them, i use it with candy because she has a bit of a gammy tail so helps to losen the shed on the tail a bit.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2010 :  23:39:27  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Car batteries, paper clip, alcohol rub, some tamodine somewhere and loads of different types of substrates.
The most important thing I have ready is a calm nerve, panic or worry only makes things worse.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2010 :  14:29:26  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Medication: Tamodine, Baytril, Reptoboost

Equipment: hot water bottle, vivs, RUBs, heatmats, stats, hides, water bowls

i AM looking into producing a basic first aid kit for snakes/reps which i hope to be selling on here. a lot of products like Reptoboost and Tamodine come in amounts that a hobbyist wouldn't use in 100 years lol so i'm looking to package small amounts of various products.

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Edited by - gingerpony on 26/03/2010 14:30:00
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2010 :  14:58:46  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

i AM looking into producing a basic first aid kit for snakes/reps which i hope to be selling on here. a lot of products like Reptoboost and Tamodine come in amounts that a hobbyist wouldn't use in 100 years lol so i'm looking to package small amounts of various products.

Thats a really good idea that GP, we have some reptiboost here, it was bought mainly for one snake and so far has only been added to ones snakes water, you get loads in the tub and there is absolutely no chance that we would use it all before it goes out of date, whenever that may be.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

876 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2010 :  16:22:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

Medication: Tamodine, Baytril, Reptoboost

Equipment: hot water bottle, vivs, RUBs, heatmats, stats, hides, water bowls

OOO!
Fantastic Idea- certainly one that I would "Cut out and Keep"!
And I would DEF buy small amount of your Various Products if/when they come onto the TCS market!!

Ive got wound stuff- (cant remember what its called)- Shed Aid-Iodine (reptile one) - TONNES of tissue paper- (industrial sized!) spare hides/water bowls (Because slinks came with a bowl that was TEENY and a hide that was massive- so did a little shopping spree and bought about 5 of each!! Reptile anti bac cleaning solution- hot water bottles- (with pink fluffy covers!) 2x spare digi thermometers

I dont have spare Mats/Stats/-... REALLY thinking that I should get some... Birthday IS coming up...

xXx

EDIT: SORRY- Very Im VERY erratic today!! Ive also got what could be used in an emergency her feeding RUB which could house her for a couple of nights- also another RUB which I could also move her into if needs must!

(Great Thread topic BTW!)

Slinky-Tallulah-Fairy-Bell

"My Heart has joined The Thousand for my friend stopped running today"

Edited by - n/a on 26/03/2010 16:24:47
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2010 :  18:43:39  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i have a spare stat, loads of mats from when i changed over to heat cable, a mahoosive tub of reptoboost, and substrate comes in 20kg bags so always plenty of that in too.
Also theres a spare small glass viv, but the frog may be going in there soon :)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

124 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2010 :  19:45:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
got a generator in the garage incase of loss of power, spare mats, thermostats, basic thermometers, loads of spare decor, at the moment a couple of spare vivs, rubs i dont stock meds as never needed to and if i did i would prefer smaller amounts

paul

dogs:1.1.0 cookie, scrappy
rabbit:0.1.0 bluebell
beardies:1.1.0 spike, sunshine
corns:1.0.0 sid
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

94 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2010 :  20:53:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Medical: i have my vet's phonenumber on fastdial on my cell ...lol
I also make monthly checks with the hospital to make sure they have antivenom for my spieces in stock.

Other than that, just backup heatmats, thermostats... some liquid reptile vitamin and syringes (unsure about the spelling) that i inject into the dead mice/rats sometimes.
Bandaid for my self in case the tree python catches me.

Oh and i always have an empty cage incase i have to move one snake in a hurry ;)

Corns:
1.2 Butter, 1.1 Blizzard, 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Creamsicle, 1.2 Ghost, 1.2 Candycane, 1.2 Candycane - orange, 1.1 Caramel, 0.1 Snow, 1.0 Carolina stripe, 0.2 Amelanistic, 0.1 Carolina Motley, 1.1 Pewter, 1.0 Lavender

Cornsnake babies: OMGHI! im not even gonna try to keep up ;)

Others:
1.2 Great plains ratsnake (E.emoryi)

1.1 Ball python - Lesser platinum, 1.1 Ball python - Het pied, 1.1 Ball python - High contrast Albino

2.1 Chihuauha mountain kingsnake (L.p.knoblochi)
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2010 :  22:35:04  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Polcher

Medical: i have my vet's phonenumber on fastdial on my cell ...lol
I also make monthly checks with the hospital to make sure they have antivenom for my spieces in stock.

Other than that, just backup heatmats, thermostats... some liquid reptile vitamin and syringes (unsure about the spelling) that i inject into the dead mice/rats sometimes.
Bandaid for my self in case the tree python catches me.

Oh and i always have an empty cage incase i have to move one snake in a hurry ;)

Antivenom?

What venemous snakes do you keep?

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

94 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2010 :  22:53:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Atheris hispida

Corns:
1.2 Butter, 1.1 Blizzard, 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Creamsicle, 1.2 Ghost, 1.2 Candycane, 1.2 Candycane - orange, 1.1 Caramel, 0.1 Snow, 1.0 Carolina stripe, 0.2 Amelanistic, 0.1 Carolina Motley, 1.1 Pewter, 1.0 Lavender

Others:

1.1 Ball python - Lesser platinum, 1.1 Ball python - Het pied, 1.1 Ball python - High contrast Albino

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2010 :  00:00:50  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

Atheris hispida

They're pretty cool. Do you ever handle them?

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

94 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2010 :  10:21:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No. I try to handle all my snakes as little as possible, and these are extra tricky. Even if the poison isnt too bad they are REALLY fast and they cling to whatever they sit on at the moment so you could get bitten twice or more before getting them off you ;)
Im usually against keeping poisonous snakes, but when i saw these guys i couldnt resist.
When its time for cage cleaning i use a pair of 60 cm long hooks to lift the snakes to an empty cage, thats about the handling they get.

Corns:

Others:

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2010 :  11:40:51  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

No. I try to handle all my snakes as little as possible, and these are extra tricky. Even if the poison isnt too bad they are REALLY fast and they cling to whatever they sit on at the moment so you could get bitten twice or more before getting them off you ;)
Im usually against keeping poisonous snakes, but when i saw these guys i couldnt resist.
When its time for cage cleaning i use a pair of 60 cm long hooks to lift the snakes to an empty cage, thats about the handling they get.

Thats cool, i only asked cos i wanted to know if they feel spikey haha. I didnt think that you would have handled them.
Pretty cool snakes though.

Do you need a liscense to keep them in Sweden?

Here in the UK i think the only venemous snake we can keep is a Western Hoggie but apparently their venom is similar to that of a bee sting, they're rear fanged and reluctant too bite so there isn't much of a risk unless you are allergic.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Edited by - DannyBrown91 on 27/03/2010 11:41:11
Go to Top of Page

Mnementh
Yearling

United Kingdom
537 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2010 :  16:51:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spare mats and stats in the event of a failure . I have 3 new mats and 3 new stats on hand ready to be used .

Always have a mass of kitchen roll .

Also have plenty of aspen in store , just for those events like a couple of days ago when one of the snakes tipped its bowl of water over .

One last jump , that's all we have to take Holth .
Wearily the old queen gathered heself to spring ;
Moreta gratefully began her litany .
Black , blacker , blackest -
They went between .
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2010 :  19:05:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a spare mat or two, a mat stat, ho****er bottle, large plastic tub and a small viv.

Health wise I have reptoboost, tamodine and another wound cleaner given to me by a vet once.

quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

Here in the UK i think the only venemous snake we can keep is a Western Hoggie

There are quite a few rear-fanged species you can keep here in the UK without a license, FWC for example.

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2010 :  20:04:12  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

I have a spare mat or two, a mat stat, ho****er bottle, large plastic tub and a small viv.

Health wise I have reptoboost, tamodine and another wound cleaner given to me by a vet once.

quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

Here in the UK i think the only venemous snake we can keep is a Western Hoggie

There are quite a few rear-fanged species you can keep here in the UK without a license, FWC for example.

Ohright.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: