New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

amanda121921
Hatchling

United Kingdom
100 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2010 :  17:28:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
kasey my 18 month old snow has stopped eating. s/he last ate something 2 1/2 weeks ago and every time i've tried since has shown no interest. s/he usually feeds with no problem at all and is currently on 2 fuzzy's a week. s/he doesn't look like s/he's about to shed and nothing else has changed. s/he's in a 3" viv with 4 hides and aspen substrate. temp at cold end is 21 and warm end is 29.5. i have a thermostat and digital thermometers. have tried teasing, leaving the mouse in the viv over night, heating it up a little more. im trying feeding every 5 days and have reduced handling. s/he's pooping and drinking ok and is as active as ever. im going to try braining tonight but with just one fuzzy. just wondered if anyone has any advice or tips as im getting quite worried. i know they can go ages wiothout food but kasey's my baby and my first snake (now have another 7 month old who is in a totally different room by the way) only other thing is s/he bit me the other day for the first time.any help would be much appreciated

kaseysquidward

KITTYCAT
Hatchling

United Kingdom
492 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2010 :  18:07:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldnt worry yet she is still drinking, ive read on here quite a few of us have snakes that are of their food recently and one reason could be that they are looking for a mate. If my snow casper doesnt seem hungry i give the mouse a blast with the hairdryer n it seems to work.good luck hope she eats soon.

1.0.0 carolina corn (herbie)
0.1.0 snow corn (casper)
0.0.1 anery motley corn(diesel)
0.0.1 calafornia banded king snake (ozzy)
0.1.0 royal python (pandora)
0.0.1 boa constrictor (bullet)
1.0.0 weinmaraner (zac)
1.0.0 staffy (zeus)
1.1.0 cats (sophie n pepe)
0.0.1 fish (fish)

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2010 :  21:20:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldnt worry just yet, they are quite capable of going for a couple of months without loosing too much weight. I would give it a try every wkend and just wait and see.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000