Can't work out wats wrong.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

59 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2010 :  02:05:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys I can't work out wats wrong with Steve. He is stupidly active, drinking fine and is sleeping like a log. He hasn't eaten in around 11-12weeks. I've been trying to but he's just not interested. He has also been what I can only describe as sneezing. I've taken him to the vet 3 times. On 2 of them he got an injection of batrylin or something spelled like that but the sneezing is still there. His temps in his tank are near to perfect and I'm checking them each day. He seems healthy but there must be something wrong, any ideas and help would be great. Ross

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2010 :  05:12:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am no expert Ross and I cant answer about the sneezing, but his behaviour sounds very like what I went through with Kellog when I first got him. He immediately refused the 1st feed, was constantly cruising round his viv and trying to climb the walls and sneak out between the glass doors (impossible, but it didnt stop him trying!). He was drinking fine and in all other areas seemed normal. That is when I found the forum and they explained to me that it was down to him being horny.

This went on for 13 weeks. I followed their advice. Weighed him regularly to make sure there was no major weight loss (he only lost about 50g which in a snake that was over 600g was not a lot considering he didnt eat for that long). By doing this I could tell that it was a 'natural fast' as opposed to an 'unnatural' one, which may be caused by him being ill. Are you weighing Steve?

I also continued with his normal feeding schedule. Offered him a mouse every 5 days. Was totally ignored, left the mouse in the viv overnight and then binned it the next morning. You can imagine my shock when one morning he suddenly struck - especially as this was my first ever feed !

I do hope that is what is happening with Steve, but would be interested to hear what the experts have to say about the sneezing. I thought Silvesta was going into horny mode too as he has suddenly become more active and refused the 2nd mouse when I fed him last week (will see how he feeds today). He has always had this slight 'sneeze' that he used to do once or twice when I was handling him but he is doing it a lot more over the last few days. He is also doing something that cant be described as definitely poo or wee....it looks like a small dollop of caramel?

So I look forward to the answer to your question and hope you dont mind me 'piggy-backing' your thread (was going to start my own one after I feed him today but you brought up the not feeding/activity/sneezing and it all ties in....)

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

59 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2010 :  15:13:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey it does sound like Steve has the same problem but u say it's impossible to get out? Steve can open his viv, found him under my bed on Tuesday I gotta get a lock for him! I've not been weighing him but he was weighed at the vets and she said for his sex and size he was in the weight zone he would be. Also this caramel thing, steves done it as well. I've thought nothing of it, I assumed it was cause he's had no food thus not the normal color! Will be gd to see wat folk think tho! Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

59 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2010 :  17:57:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey it does sound like Steve has the same problem but u say it's impossible to get out? Steve can open his viv, found him under my bed on Tuesday I gotta get a lock for him! I've not been weighing him but he was weighed at the vets and she said for his sex and size he was in the weight zone he would be. Also this caramel thing, steves done it as well. I've thought nothing of it, I assumed it was cause he's had no food thus not the normal color! Will be gd to see wat folk think tho! Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2010 :  04:34:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SGrossyboi

Only meant that it was impossible for Kellog to get out, he is way too big to get out of the gap he was trying to get out of!

Am going to start my own thread as well cos Silvesta really beginning to worry me....but it is interesting that Steve is doing the same 'caramel splodge' that Silvesta is doing.

Know that a lot of the main forum mods are really busy at the moment which is why we arent getting answers as quickly as we would like (cos we are paranoid parents ) but the answers will come....

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2010 :  11:21:30  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
*crosses fingers*

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly