Cut on "neck"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Azzheasman
Hatchling

United Kingdom
193 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2010 :  21:41:12  Show Profile  Click to see Azzheasman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've just checked on jay and she has a cut on what I can only describe as her neck there's a scale clearly missing you can see the pink under it I would normally dissinfect the whole viv and put her on kitchen roll to make sure I healed but she's due to lay in the next week so she's on damp warm vermiculite and I'm worried about infections what's the best thing to do here?

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2010 :  22:30:22  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Is the skin cut or is it just a missing scale that has exposed the skin?

If it is a missing scale then it should be ok. Won't get infected and the scale will grow back with a couple of sheds.

If the skin is actaully cut then you will have to wait for someone else, but im sure they will be along shortly.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Azzheasman
Hatchling

United Kingdom
193 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2010 :  07:21:05  Show Profile  Click to see Azzheasman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It looks as tho there is a scab on there now tried to get a pic but shes not a happy snakey and won't hold still long enough to let me but it's a skin cut I'm pretty sure or it wouldnt scab?

Edited by - Azzheasman on 24/03/2010 07:22:41
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2010 :  14:45:27  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
apply either Tamodine or Vetadine once or twice daily - whatever she'll let you do without her getting too stressed

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000