caramel motley partner?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

3 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2010 :  15:49:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone, I have a two year old male caramel motley het amel. He's from a butter motley dad and caramel motley mum. Does anyone have any suggestions for a breeding partner for him to produce some interesting morphs? I am still trying to get to grips with the whole genetics thing and would appreciate some suggestions.

Thanks in anticipation

Andy

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2010 :  15:54:03  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm no expert on this subject but here is the list i just thought of.

Amel - Amel babies
Amel het caramel - poss butter babies
Snow - Amel het caramel poss anery babies
Butter - Caramel het amel
Caramel - Caramel

Most others would give you carolina babies.
Don't take my word for it though, i have only just started looking into the different morphs and gene trends, there are a few breeders on this site who could certainly tell you more.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Edited by - DannyBrown91 on 23/03/2010 15:57:58
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2010 :  19:35:40  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
for pattern: because he's motley, anything with a motley or stripe pattern will give motleys, het motley or het stripe will give normal pattern and motley.

for colour it all depends on whether you want morphs out of the first breeding or if you want to add other genes for project babies.

x caramel = 100% caramel
x amel = 50% normal, 50% caramel
x ultramel = 25% ultramel, 25% amel, 50% normal
x ultra = 50% ultramel, 50% normal
x butter = 50% caramel, 50% butter
x golddust = 50% caramel, 25% butter, 25% golddust

you can of course also use animals het for amel, ultra, or caramel.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

81 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2010 :  20:33:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Id go for a butter motley and you should produce butter motleys and caramel motleys which i think are really nice looking snakes as i own a butter motley but i personally love motley markings, think there fantastic looking snakes.
Or like eeji says a golddust which are nice too.
All depends what you would like

1.0 butter motley, 0.1 anerythristic, 1.1 reverse okeetee, 0.1 caramel, 1.1 creamsicle, 1.0 normal, 1.0 Lavender, 0.1 Amber, 0.1 Classic stripe, 1.0 Blizzard, 0.1 Amel, 0.1 Snow, 1.0 Rootbeer, 0.1 Charcoal, 1.1 Nelsons Milk Snake, 0.1 Brazillian Rainbow Boa, 0.1 royal python, 0.1 boa constrictor, 1.1 ribbon snake, 0.1 ornate flying snake,0.l leopard gecko, 1.0 Central American Banded Gecko, 3.2 cats

Wish list:-tessera, amel stripe, caramel motley, candy cane, loves okeetee......
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000