a lil help with the breeding thing lol
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2010 :  01:39:03  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
so not that im obv guna do any of this yet (except mayb max n shikira again) but just wondering what to pair up later and maybe what to xpect

so here is my list of what i have

okettee (f), ghost (m), carolinas (m,f,f), amel (m), amel stripe pos het caramel (m, anery (F), snow (m)

am not sure if any have hets, except if it helps pippa (carolina) is from okettee and ghost (i think thats what shikira is anyway lol)
and also im not sure whether dime is a hypo so a lil confuzzled. :/

but would like to defo have some ghost babies at some point and also some stripes but im assuming i shall need another stripe 4 that ??

Sorry just abit useless with the genetics lol

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2010 :  05:23:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know nothing about genetics and morphs, but when I put genetics into the search button I came across this link given by GP, so would assume it is helpful - http://home.comcast.net/~spencer62/cornprog.html (with an apology to Eeji for some reason )

Maybe you can have a look and see if you can work it out from there....

xxx

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2010 :  11:12:23  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ghost with anery - Anery het hypo babies
Carolina with Okeetee - carolinas with okeetee characteristics.
amel stripe with carolina - carolina het stripe
Snow with carolina - carolinas het anery + amel.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2010 :  13:29:33  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
thank you...

so as i put my okeetee with ghost and got carolina would she be het 4 ghost? thats what im assuming... g im so useless with this lol :/

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2010 :  14:31:43  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by crazy JJ

thank you...

so as i put my okeetee with ghost and got carolina would she be het 4 ghost? thats what im assuming... g im so useless with this lol :/

Yes she would be het hypo + Anery. You could put the carolina with the ghost and i think you could possibly get Carolinas, ghosts, Aneries and Hypos but im not sure so somebody else will be able to clear that up for you.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Edited by - DannyBrown91 on 24/03/2010 14:33:08
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2010 :  18:45:15  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
all the morphs you have are recessive to normal, so both the male and the female would need to be carrying a certain gene for it to be visible in the babies.

with what you have, to get ghosts you'd need to breed your ghost with your anery to get anery het hypo babies, then keep a pair grow them up and breed those together for approx half a clutch of ghosts.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2010 :  19:09:46  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
oky doky thanks guys... 1 day i will learn all this haha :)

p.s would i b able 2 breed sis/bro... didnt think that was allowed ??? :/

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2010 :  19:23:37  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yeh, you're safe for a generation or two then its best to outcross to other lines.

I missed that your normal is het anery and hypo, so if you put her with your ghost the odds are:
25% normal
25% hypo
25% anery
25% ghost

....so you have a chance of ghosts in the first breeding :D

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2010 :  20:28:09  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

yeh, you're safe for a generation or two then its best to outcross to other lines.

I missed that your normal is het anery and hypo, so if you put her with your ghost the odds are:
25% normal
25% hypo
25% anery
25% ghost

....so you have a chance of ghosts in the first breeding :D

I thought so, but wasn't totally sure

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2010 :  00:08:44  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
thanks guys... hmmm she best do some growing lol (bless her).... 2yrs 2 go at least lol :/ aaah well it shall be worth he wait hopefully :D

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000