Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2010 :  11:30:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know what you mean rach, but there is always someone who is not gonna be helpful, you just gotta ignore it!
Its a hard situation, i dont think you have signed her death warrant at all, some people just like to over dramatise things a little, just ignore them and concentrate on the more helpful posts!

Rach, dont know who said any other vet is legally not allowed to work with reps, thats not true, any qualified vet is allowed to do it, its just whether they want to or not. Saying that, it might be different in Scotland, i dont know!

Danny, dont generalise mate, not everyone is out for blood.

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2010 :  00:16:30  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
How's Mushu doing SB? Been thinking about her lots x

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2010 :  10:07:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
got my fingers crossed everything is ok with Mushu Rachael

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2010 :  12:19:11  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hello Rach , Hope Mushu is ok please let us know how she is doing.

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2010 :  13:46:57  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I know that sometimes vets will travel to see you. There is one who deals with birds amphibs and reps out at haywards heath, and travels over to worthing to see people who can't get to him. (Ok, you probably don't know names of places - it's about 3/4 hour drive from his place to my friends in Worthing)

I've got a mate who said call the vet in Chipping Norton, They are worth a call, and may be able to advise over the phone. They've helped her loads with all her snakes.

http://www.chippingnortonvets.co.uk/about_our_staff.html

The number is on the link.

*hugs*
Hope everything works out well.
I'm sending loads of love.

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2010 :  16:15:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The only problem with calling out vets is their call out fee, which isnt cheap, and on top of any treatment they give, will be very expensive.
But, with no other option!

Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2010 :  16:36:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Chipping Norton vets mentioned look after all the reps at Cotswold Wildlife Park so they are very experienced. It's probably worth a call just on the off-chance they might offer you some advice as you are unable to get a decent service closer to home.

Fingers crossed for Mushu.

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2010 :  17:01:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone

Some sad news I'm afraid, Mushu passed away today. I am very upset and blame myself as it was my idea to breed and it has lead to her death.

I decided to try and retrieve any eggs that may have been ok, but unfortunately all 16 were too far gone. There was obviously something not right, the eggs were very varied in size, one no bigger than a 20p piece.

There was a very necrotic section of the reproductive tract nearest the vent, very black and *****, which is most likely the cause of her death.

I know to many of you this will seem a very gruesome and cold hearted thing to do to a pet, but I felt it was my duty to see if anything could be done for the eggs. Everything was photographed so it will help to educate others aswell.

Thanks so much for all your help and support, I really appreciate it.

RIP Mushu x

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2010 :  17:07:56  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
RIP

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2010 :  17:16:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RIP Mushu,
rach im so sorry but please dont blame yourself xxxxxx

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2010 :  17:46:58  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Aww, im so sorry Rach, you must be devastated.

You mustn't blame yourself though, breeding is natural and you weren't to know that there were going to be complications. Especially ones so severe.

I totally understand what you did and the reasons why you did it and nobody is going to think that you are cold hearted for doing so.

R.I.P Mushu

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2010 :  18:26:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear that SB, RIP.

Good on you for trying to retrieve the eggs.

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2010 :  18:49:24  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
sorry to hear that,its a risk that is always there when you breed.It could and does happen to anyone

Go to Top of Page

zandefloss
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2010 :  18:56:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am so sorry for your loss, you mustn't feel guilty, even though that is hard. You may feel that you caused her death, but it was just the way it went, you would have never decided to breed her if you thought it would cause her any harm, you were both just very unlucky. Mushu was very, very lucky to have such a good owner who clearly cared about her and gave her the best and most full life possible. Although her life ended in an unpleasant way, just think of the years of good treatment and happy living that Mushu enjoyed. Some snakes never, ever have a good life, even if they live for 20 years, even though it is very sad for Mushu to die, she obviously had a good life with you, a responsable and caring owner who did everything she could and loved her with all her heart. Big hugs,

zan x
Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2010 :  19:07:04  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sorry for your loss.. RIP Mushu.. :/
Don't blame yourself.. It's not your fault that something went wrong..
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2010 :  19:41:32  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh Rach I am so sorry to hear about Mushu dying. You could never have foreseen this happening to her, it was just rotten luck that things didn't go well. It is always obvious to us how important the health and well being of your animals is to you and you should not beat yourself up over this.
RIP Mushu

xxx

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2010 :  20:26:11  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sammysnake

The Chipping Norton vets mentioned look after all the reps at Cotswold Wildlife Park so they are very experienced. It's probably worth a call just on the off-chance they might offer you some advice as you are unable to get a decent service closer to home.

Fingers crossed for Mushu.

RIP MUSHU

can vouch for chipping norton vets i live there

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2010 :  21:04:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im really sorry SB, my thoughts are with you.

RIP Mushu

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

286 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2010 :  23:17:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
such a shame, i'm sorry you lost her. x

corns
0.1 Maizy, carolina 05
0.1 violet, anery 09
1.0 Smithy, amel 07
0.1 Nessa,amel 07
0.1 Lois normal/hypo motley 02
1.0 Dr Heinz Doofenshmirtz anery 00
1.0 Fry normal 08
0.1 Dora amel aztec 09
1.0 Red bloodred 08
0.0.1 Conker kastanie 10
house bunny
1.0 rex, 09
kittys
2.1 tom,jerry 09 Mittens 10
kids
3.1 Charlie-jane 98, ethan 99,coby 06,adam 07
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2010 :  05:02:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rach, you know me quite well by now and I am going to be very strong with you here - you are in no way to blame for what happened to Mushu. Yes, you chose to breed with her but there was no way for you to know that this would be the outcome....and when you did it, you did everything in the way it needed to be done, with enough research to know what you were doing and what to look out for. As soon as you realised there were complications you reacted and, again, did everything you could for her. Many owners/breeders would not have given her the chance that you did.

You did the right thing in trying to retrieve the eggs. I know many people wouldnt have but you have had experience with dissection and knew what you were doing. And not only were you able to see that none of the eggs were viable but you were also able to see what probably caused her death, and that nothing could have been done to save her....even if she had surgery. I cannot even begin to understand how doing that made you feel, but you did it for the right reasons. And NO-ONE would ever accuse you of being cold hearted....we all know that you are far from that.

Zandefloss is right in that Mushu was blessed to have you as her owner for all those years. You brought up a healthy and happy snake and you must keep those memories, not the guilt over her death.

You know you are in my prayers Rach, and you know where I am if you need me - just ring.

xxx

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000