Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 **** Is Going To Hit The Fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  22:12:48  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by herriotfan

Thanks Mouse. Yes pets do choose owners....our parrot decided she was mine. The people where we got her said she'd never gone to anyone else that she didn't know, no matter how much they tried or what they did. When I went she flew off her perch straight onto my shoulder and stayed there until they took her off! I have to say she's at her happiest when she's with me. If I'd let her she would stay with me all day.
I think I must have a Dr Dolittle gene 'cos all my pets want to be with me, or very close by, all the time. Even the foster ones seem to gather round me too. It makes me happy too, it's an honour if any creature loves you and their love is true, they don't care if you're pretty, ugly, fat, thin, any colour etc, etc.
I'm sure, that given time, our newest addition will get round the rest of the family, no pun intended!!

deffinitely true, Our new dog follows me everywhere, of a night she sits on the couch with me and watches tele and of a morning she comes and wakes me up.

It was the same with our rottweiler who died in october, my mum said from the day we got her she was very protective of me and would follow me everywhere.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

352 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2010 :  14:03:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's funny because my chihuahua did the same thing. When we went to look at him I took him into my arms and immediately his head laid on my shoulder. Now everytime he wants something if he's in my lap he climbs up and puts his head on my shoulder.
quote:

Thanks Mouse. Yes pets do choose owners....our parrot decided she was mine. The people where we got her said she'd never gone to anyone else that she didn't know, no matter how much they tried or what they did. When I went she flew off her perch straight onto my shoulder and stayed there until they took her off! I have to say she's at her happiest when she's with me. If I'd let her she would stay with me all day.
I think I must have a Dr Dolittle gene 'cos all my pets want to be with me, or very close by, all the time. Even the foster ones seem to gather round me too. It makes me happy too, it's an honour if any creature loves you and their love is true, they don't care if you're pretty, ugly, fat, thin, any colour etc, etc.
I'm sure, that given time, our newest addition will get round the rest of the family, no pun intended!!

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2010 :  17:24:07  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
We're all so lucky on here because we share the love that only our pets can give us. There's something so special about that unconditional love isn't there? I really feel sorry for those who have no pets in their live.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2010 :  17:56:59  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

There's something so special about that unconditional love isn't there?

There is indeed.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2010 :  05:04:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

We're all so lucky on here because we share the love that only our pets can give us. There's something so special about that unconditional love isn't there? I really feel sorry for those who have no pets in their live.

I agree with you totally about how blessed we are to share our lives with our pets, and how saddened I am for those who dont experience that....and even more so for those pets who dont have owners that appreciate that gift they have been given.

I always like to think of it as 'unconditional love'....but I must admit to always wondering whether it was what my mum always used to call 'cupboard love' - in that we feed them, house them, water them, give them the strokes and attention they need....so surely that means that conditions are involved ?

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2010 :  14:03:15  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yes, but then there are pets that still love their owners, even when kept in not very good conditions. I guess it depends on the pets and the owners. Maybe it's a sense of pack loyalty?!

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2010 :  04:44:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mouse

yes, but then there are pets that still love their owners, even when kept in not very good conditions. I guess it depends on the pets and the owners. Maybe it's a sense of pack loyalty?!

Very true Moina, I hadnt thought of that. There are certainly dogs that are dedicated to their owners, no matter how badly they are treated - they keep coming back for more .

xxx

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000