Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 **** Is Going To Hit The Fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2010 :  00:26:58  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi
OMG...I've put a bid on a snake viv, complete with all the gear. Don't suppose I'll get it but if I do the **** will most definately hit the fan! lol
Oh well, worse things happen at sea.
I'm fed up with trying to talk him round, I'm just gonna go for it.
I fell in love with the baby snake I went to see and handled last week. I can't get him out of my mind....I must be desperate!! I'm going to ring the guy tomorrow and see if he's still for sale. I'll be so disappointed if he's been sold
They're breeding atm so more are due in a few weeks if he's gone.....
Think I will just get everything, then get my snake when the right one comes along. Oh I so loved the little one last week, hope he's still there, fingers crossed!
I hope the guy will hold onto him for me while I get all my gear, or even 'rent' me some til I get my own, so I can bring my baby home. I'm sure he will, they're so nice at this place.
I've decided I'm going to ask for funding towards a viv stack for mother's day, birthday, christmas etc. Then I can buy equipment and occupants as and when funds allow......dream on
Must get to bed, have a very important phone call to make in the morning.........

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2010 :  01:01:11  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Good luck, let us know how it pans out.

Just remember that divorce means more empty rooms to fill with vivs.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2010 :  01:28:08  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I love your humour......
Divorce means I'd have lots of space to add to my reptile collection, especially after I've auctioned off hispoop(sorry, am I allowed to say that!!!) Assuming I get the house of course!!!! He can't throw a semi-disabled wife on the streets, can he?
I've got a terrarium set up and just making sure I've got temps/humididty correct then I'm going to get my Echo the crestie that I've always wanted too.....heaven only knows what he'll do when Echo and my snake (name to be decided) are settled in and I tell him I'm thinking about tree frogs next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2010 :  01:37:46  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ooops...sorry about spelling mistakes. Got myself in such a state with excitment that I just can't sleep, had a couple of glasses of homemade wine!
Forgot to tell you that the little feller I hope to get is an Amel with red eyes and the gives the most theraputic hand massage ever! Bless him... I want him.

Granddaughter (Eva)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2010 :  08:05:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
fingers crossed for you

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

352 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2010 :  09:51:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's what I did to my hubby too. And he ended up actually liking her once he got passed the shock of seeing a little "shoe lace" in our house and in my hands. Although he did ask me, "What would you have done if I told you to get rid of it?" [quote][i]Originally posted by herriotfan

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2010 :  11:17:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why am I not at all surprised by this??!! I knew that going in to that shop would be too much temptation for you!!!

Seriously though, I am sure your OH wont be too surprised. He must have realised how much you want this by now (we definitely know how much you want this ), and I do hope he will accept it without too much of a backlash.

I also hope that you do get the baby you handled, but you are realistic and know that if he is as lovable as you say he is then it is very likely he will be sold already. But you also know that you will find another one that will be just as lovely and give just as good hand massages!

Am sure you will keep us informed....and it is great knowing the amount of work you have put into making sure that when you get your snake it will be a very lucky snake having you as its owner.

(has any of this made sense?? I feel seriously brain dead this morning !!!)

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

480 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2010 :  14:00:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck and such a fantastic choice of snake but then i would say that!!!lol
Hubby will be fine once he gets used to the idea, you could say to him it was either a snake or another baby..lol

1.0.0 Amel, Steve

WISH LIST: blue tongue skink.
Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2010 :  15:13:32  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Goodluck

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2010 :  16:28:03  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey you guys......they've still got him and he's on hold for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME
If I don't get the viv that I've put a bid on then they do have some cheap 'good enough for now' vivs where the little snake is now. I'd still need to get fixtures and fittings etc but that's not a problem.
I need pinching because to me this is a dream....can't quite take it in.
I so hope hubby isn't going to burst my bubble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Granddaughter (Eva)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2010 :  17:07:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
congrats,
hope the hubby doesnt take too much persuasion to see its the right decision

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

441 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2010 :  22:04:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Holy Moly Im warn out reading your post

Good luck hope you get your Viv and Snake. Just take a deep breath and relax.

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2010 :  03:27:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rich78

Holy Moly Im warn out reading your post

Good luck hope you get your Viv and Snake. Just take a deep breath and relax.

Take Rich's advice....you will be no good at manipulating your OH if you are running round like a headless chicken with excitement !!

That is such great news about the shop having the snake you wanted and putting it on hold for you . I do hope you get the viv you bid for, but at least you have a contingencie plan for if that doesnt come through.

Have you not mentioned it to your OH yet? I have no idea how you are keeping it all hidden (I guess you are letting your excitement spill out here so you can appear all calm and controlled at home ). Surely he must have some clue something is going on?....But then he is a man, so I reassess my question!!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

352 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2010 :  06:50:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kellog, my hubby knew nothing until he went to hug me while I was sitting down and there was this little head came poking out from under my hand. I wish I'd have had a camera. We have two office chairs close and I was sitting in my chair working on the computer with Snickers on my lap. My hubby fell back into his chair with saucer eyes and his chin in his lap...stuttering something like, "I didn't know you liked snakes".It was so comical to me, but I'm sure it wasn't for him.[quote]Originally posted by Kellog

Go to Top of Page

Kare
Egg

86 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2010 :  08:10:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LoL Thats Classic godzchild.... though in that situation my hubby would make me take the snake back!

Edited by - Kare on 10/03/2010 08:11:26
Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2010 :  10:04:48  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My mate nick spent a year sending me pics of his snake, and I fell in love with snakes. Unfortunately his landlady came to do a house inspection and is petrified of snakes. She saw his beautiful snow and apparently flipped, and ordered him to get rid of it. He was really upset, but persuaded me that I did have the funds, then gave me his viv. I think he's lhaving snakes vicariously through me!! hehehe

My other half is so laid back he's 'horizontal', so he saw the viv, raised an eyebrow and said, "Make sure it doesn't escape."

He was a little hesitant at first about holding her, but really, shoelaces are SO cute, and he loves her to bits.

Pets choose owners sometimes, and if you've found one like that, then it will become family no matter the drama to begin with!! :D:D:D

Good luck!!

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

124 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2010 :  10:05:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
good luck with the oh and your new baby corn how big is the new corn and how big is the viv your buying you might need somthin a bit smaller for the corn if it is a baby
paul

dogs:1.1.0 cookie, scrappy
rabbit:0.1.0 bluebell
beardies:1.1.0 spike, sunshine
corns:1.0.0 sid
Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2010 :  10:32:14  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Good luck with your hubby!
Luckily, my bf loves snakes..! He actually got me to love them! He had a ball python and after we (me and the ball python) introduced, I got crazy about it! Then he took me to a reptile pet shop and i couldn't resist.. I got Spaghettino..! :)
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2010 :  22:14:09  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Next episode on **** Hitting Fan UPDATE

Granddaughter (Eva)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  21:54:20  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mouse. Yes pets do choose owners....our parrot decided she was mine. The people where we got her said she'd never gone to anyone else that she didn't know, no matter how much they tried or what they did. When I went she flew off her perch straight onto my shoulder and stayed there until they took her off! I have to say she's at her happiest when she's with me. If I'd let her she would stay with me all day.
I think I must have a Dr Dolittle gene 'cos all my pets want to be with me, or very close by, all the time. Even the foster ones seem to gather round me too. It makes me happy too, it's an honour if any creature loves you and their love is true, they don't care if you're pretty, ugly, fat, thin, any colour etc, etc.
I'm sure, that given time, our newest addition will get round the rest of the family, no pun intended!!

Granddaughter (Eva)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  22:11:52  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm sure your husband will love your snake eventually, I bet e will even want to try feeding it, you migt be struggle to make him clean it out though!

My boyfriend is a bit iffy about snakes. Then again he loves mice and rats so...

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000