Argh
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Azzheasman
Hatchling

United Kingdom
193 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2010 :  13:26:50  Show Profile  Click to see Azzheasman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ive just been reading the "is she gravid" thread and im in a similar sort of situation with my girls they were warmed up,the male was in with both for a few weeks after they shed i didnt see any locking but and as ive said before the boy doesnt seem that intereseted when im about but hes super friendly and if theres someone around hes more interested in them, but now both girls are off their food (have been for a few weeks) i dont have any weights for them before i they were together (d'oh) but the smaller girl is deffinately bigger around the middle and i put a shoe box full of damp aspen shavings in and she went strait in there and burrowed and made herself a mound and looked very content in there shes super frisky when you pick her up but not grumpy, the other girl however is really really twitchy she jumps a mile if you touch her and shes searching the viv she has a hide but will only stop searching for a place to hide if shes in with the another snakes she will go into the males hide or the other girls hide but not her own, but shes looking skinnier, they are all seperated now but from what i can gather shes had other snakes with her all her life is it possible that she is lonely lol ?

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2010 :  15:08:08  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I wouldnt have thought that snakes could get lonely. They are solitary animals and in the wild live along only coming together to mate.

She could be gravid but i have absolutely no breeding experience what so ever only knowing what i have learned on this site.

I wouldnt have thought aspen would be the best thing to dampen. Its made of wood and combined with temps in the tank could possibly go moldy and the shoe box could pretty much discintergrate if it gets too wet. I think ideally it is better to use some sort of plastic tub or tupperware box filled with moss or vermiculate.

Im sure one of the breeders will be along soon to help you out further, everybody is probably still in work and will log on maybe around tea time.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Edited by - DannyBrown91 on 08/03/2010 16:03:23
Go to Top of Page

Azzheasman
Hatchling

United Kingdom
193 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2010 :  16:47:04  Show Profile  Click to see Azzheasman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yea the shoe box with the aspen was just to see if she was interested im going to the rep shop after work to get some moss and a rub :) (she went for the damp hide over the dry cold and warm ones :)) haha im at work too :P just a quiet day lol

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2010 :  16:52:43  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Azzheasman

yea the shoe box with the aspen was just to see if she was interested im going to the rep shop after work to get some moss and a rub :) (she went for the damp hide over the dry cold and warm ones :)) haha im at work too :P just a quiet day lol

Lol fair enough.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2010 :  11:08:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She won't get lonely, infact, she will be happier on her own. Weight wise, if she is not eating and putting on weight then its a good sign, if she's not eating and losing weight then she needs separating, she's most likely stressed. In my experience, there are 2 types of male corn, the ones who aren't too fussed about getting laid, and the rapists, to be honest the latter is exactly what they are, they chase the female into submission, which is very stressful, especially for a snake that's not in the mood so to speak.
She should be separated really, get some food into her.

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2010 :  12:21:39  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Vermiculate is good stuff i would say its better then moss

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

Azzheasman
Hatchling

United Kingdom
193 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2010 :  15:47:51  Show Profile  Click to see Azzheasman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
cheers will get that sorted :) im really excited to possibly have ikkle snakes but at the same time im fairly new to this side of the corns so im nervous as hell lol ive got a shed load of little rubs ready and my parents have a an incubator from when they bred chickens im going to get the vermiculite later on hope this isnt all for nothing lol

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000