Egg Retention
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Azzheasman
Hatchling

United Kingdom
193 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  23:50:09  Show Profile  Click to see Azzheasman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I know ive posted alot in here in the last few days and i know it makes me look fairly incompetant but im getting very worried about Jay. Im almost 100% sure she is gravid shes huge around the middle and shes pretty grumpy and is enjoying her hide quite alot, i havent got her vermiculite atm its on its way here so shes on damp substrate for now ive got the readouts for her viv here im terrified im going to lose my snake she shed nearly 3 weeks ago probably longer its been ages and im pretty desperate any advice ?

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  00:22:33  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If she shed 3 weeks ago this was probably just a normla shed which she was due to have., she will shed again before she lays, im not quite sure how long before but i think its about a week.

When did you first notice that she had gotten bigger?

Im guessing that the 92% is a humidity reading, where about is the probe?

Im sorry i can't help any more but these questions may well help others that have the knowledge and experience to help you.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Azzheasman
Hatchling

United Kingdom
193 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  00:49:22  Show Profile  Click to see Azzheasman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yea 92% humidity the probes are in her laybox she started getting bigger Monday it's just both girls shed at the same exact time probably just coincedence

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  11:02:12  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Azzheasman

it's just both girls shed at the same exact time probably just coincedence

Most probably.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  15:53:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How long ago was she with the male? Most likely it was a normal shed and she will shed again soon, from then its roughly 7 days. Seeing as the lump is high up I would say she is early on, the lump should spread out and then start moving south, that's the point to get excited and impatient!

Go to Top of Page

Azzheasman
Hatchling

United Kingdom
193 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  16:41:11  Show Profile  Click to see Azzheasman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lol shes come out from being with the male on monday (i think, been a bit mental this last week) the lump is high ive been doing alot of reading and i think i just pannicked early on lol does she need to go back in with the male if the lump is that high or is it worth keeping her away from him now ?

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  17:30:09  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Just keep them seperate now as she is gravid and may become stressed, plus there are probably other probalems that could occur if you introduce the male again.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  17:33:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Without meaning to stress you, Mushu shed and didn't lay eggs for 3 and a half weeks, they are supposed to lay within 2 weeks but obviously its not a hard and fast rule. Good luck.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Azzheasman
Hatchling

United Kingdom
193 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  17:48:46  Show Profile  Click to see Azzheasman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
right no more nookie for her then :p, yea SB i followed the thread id have been climbing the walls too at least shes okay now tho and you can have some baby snakeys :D im more excited then nervous now was more scared of losing her then not getting eggs

Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  19:22:15  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Good luck with her!
Hope everything turns out fine..!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000