New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

5 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2010 :  22:26:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

im all new to this. i got a butter corn about three years ago and was told buy the guy it was a male. so last week i thought i would go and buy another. i ended up getting "another" male which is roughly the same size.

as i put them in the cage together,they started chasing each other around. it ends up they were "locking" tails? they were together for about 25 mins. the new snake i brought last week is 100% male for sure as it was sexed by a regular snake breeder. That only means i picked up a female three years ago?

could any one tell me maybe what i could be expecting colour wise of the young?

the female is butter. and i (think) the male is well... he is black,grey and white with some yellow around his nose.

ill try and get some pictures up for you below.

n/a
deleted

5 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2010 :  22:41:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi

here are some pictures

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2010 :  23:19:53  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Im not too great with the whole breeding thing but if you go on Corncalc you should be able to find out, if you need help with any of the traits you can go on inas vivarium.

As for the Female it looks on the majority of pics to be a ghost but the first pic kind of makes her looks more like a lavander so im not 100% sure although im not sure wether lavanders get the yellow colouring around there head.

There are a few very experienced breeders on this site so im sure someone will be along to help you out a bit more than what i have.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2010 :  23:32:08  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
your male looks most like a ghost, but could be a pale anery - can you get a photo of his belly, this would help in identification.

either way, you'd get all normals from this pairing, and all would be het amel caramel anery, and also het hypo if the male is ghost.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2010 :  09:00:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you are wanting them to continue then leave them together for a bit longer, but if she becomes gravid or you don't want babies then split them up asap. Its not a good idea to have opposite sex pairings in together all year round, constant sex and egg laying can kill a female.

Its also not a good idea to house 2 males together, though in this case it doesn't matter, nor is it advisable to put a new snake straight in with another, they ought to be kept separately in quarantine for a while

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

5 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2010 :  21:11:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi EEJI

i hve uploaded some pictures of the belly of the male,

as you can see its a bit of a pain in the ass taking photos of a snakes belly by your self :)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

286 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2010 :  21:42:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'll put my neck out and say that makes it a ghost i believe....

nice tat btw :)

corns
0.1 Maizy, carolina 05
0.1 violet, anery 09
1.0 Smithy, amel 07
0.1 Nessa,amel 07
0.1 Lois normal/hypo motley 02
1.0 Dr Heinz Doofenshmirtz anery 00
1.0 Fry normal 08
0.1 Dora amel aztec 09
1.0 Red bloodred 08
0.0.1 Conker kastanie 10
house bunny
1.0 rex, 09
kittys
2.1 tom,jerry 09 Mittens 10
kids
3.1 Charlie-jane 98, ethan 99,coby 06,adam 07
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2010 :  22:30:59  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ty :) belly pics are a real pain to get arent they! :D

I'd go with ghost too, anery would usually have really dark black chequers and these look quite pale with bits of black missing.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

124 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2010 :  23:03:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
great lookin corn you got there but in the first belly pic under the top scale it looks like a black spec have you checked him for mites
paul

dogs:1.1.0 cookie, scrappy
rabbit:0.1.0 bluebell
beardies:1.1.0 spike, sunshine
corns:1.0.0 sid

Edited by - n/a on 04/03/2010 23:04:05
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2010 :  09:47:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are no pics of any mites there, its just natural colouring. Very nice pair there.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000